• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

We're a tough watch I agree. Or at least you're not going to watch Spurs if you want to see free flowing football. Tacticly smart football perhaps, but not entertaining football.

That said, if we had a proper attacking/fast RWB and perhaps a creative CM such that we could go 3-5-2 like conte played at Inter, then that might change considerably
Dunno
The team at the end of last season played free flowing football
Key was early goals and wing backs who knew their role

This game plan is not working, we may well have managed to scrape results but we look brick. I would much rather be entertained watching Spurs than playing brick football and maybe winning a trophy.

I mean objectively speaking the gameplan is working, that's why we are where we are in the table having only suffered one defeat, away to the no.1 form team of the season so far.

It's a tough watch but don't confuse that with it not working.

Last edited:
Same as beginning of the season, top 4
No one can catch city with the money they have spent
Conte has won league titles without dominating midfield
The system works
The system and play is sustainable
But… it doesn’t allow for dumb players making basics errors
If teams are dominating midfield they need to capitalise more. Arsenal got those breaks yesterday
This system means to score against us you need a worldie or a mistake… we gave them both
And the midfield yesterday despite only being 2 “limited players” played through their mass of bodies quite easily
What we missed was the rolls Royce player that is Kulu. Some players are irreplaceable because they do so many things at the same time… he is one. Ball retention, composure, control and amazing passing.

Then I would suggest that the fact that Kulu was not available was more the reason we should have changed to a midfield 3

I mean objectively speaking the gameplan is working, that's why we are where we are in the table having only suffered one defeat, away to the no.1 form team of the season so far.

The issue is the style isn’t what some people want so they can’t or won’t see beyond that

Then I would suggest that the fact that Kulu was not available was more the reason we should have changed to a midfield 3
Maybe
I said even before we knew he was out that I’d have played 3-5-2
But we were actually done with a 3-4-3. It took Hugo’s error to gift them a goal and stupidity from Royal to allow the ref to make a poor call
That’s not the system or tactics. We weren’t under pressure when Hugo spilled it… it was hopeful cross come shot
Royal kicked a player running towards his own goal

It works to a point. At that point we then need flexibility, one size does not fit all.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

We were already 2-1 down before the sending off. To assume we would have equalised is just that, an assumption.
Uh … Hugo’s mistake was the one that cost us. That was stupid
Royals was worse I agree
Before Hugo’s mistake they had 1 shot on target that half
Hugo’s is brilliant and earns us more points than he costs us, but he does have these game changing ricks every now and then

Thought he was talking about Lloris diving over the ball not the red?
Ah ok. Misunderstood.

But the keeper giving up a goal every now and then is part of the game. You can't ignore it as if it doesn't count. They scored 2 while we had 11 men. The system had worked to a point but that point was behind in the game. Theres no shame in being flexible.

Ah ok. Misunderstood.

But the keeper giving up a goal every now and then is part of the game. You can't ignore it as if it doesn't count. They scored 2 while we had 11 men. The system had worked to a point but that point was behind in the game. Theres no shame in being flexible.

A keeper making a howler is independent of any system.

Ah ok. Misunderstood.

We draw that 1–1 with Hugo making no howler and royal bro being sent off… we walk away happy and argue it’s deserved
Arse fans are still claiming the holding red card was harsh (forgetting it was second yellow) because fans dwell on things like mistakes

Was fitting fine yesterday before the stupidity
I think “fine” is a stretch. The point is, it’s possible that we could have looked better in another formation. I don’t think we looked comfortable but I don’t think anyone is arguing that it was a match we should’ve won.

IMO, any talk about giving ourselves excuses or saying that it’s not the system or our position in the table is good is detrimental to the mentality of achieving greater things.

So my post isn’t misconstrued, I need to throw out the caveats:
No, I don’t think Conte should be sacked.
Yes, Hugo and Emerson let us down yesterday.
Table positions can change quite dramatically at this stage of the season. I think we can use it to make better assessments when the World Cup comes around.
I’m not advocating for any alternative formation in particular, but formation and selection shouldn’t be set in stone.

I think “fine” is a stretch. The point is, it’s possible that we could have looked better in another formation. I don’t think we looked comfortable but I don’t think anyone is arguing that it was a match we should’ve won.

IMO, any talk about giving ourselves excuses or saying that it’s not the system or our position in the table is good is detrimental to the mentality of achieving greater things.

So my post isn’t misconstrued, I need to throw out the caveats:
No, I don’t think Conte should be sacked.
Yes, Hugo and Emerson let us down yesterday.
Table positions can change quite dramatically at this stage of the season. I think we can use it to make better assessments when the World Cup comes around.
I’m not advocating for any alternative formation in particular, but formation and selection shouldn’t be set in stone.
It wasn’t a stretch imo
We were cutting through them quite easily
They had one shot before the goal and the goal changed the dynamic briefly before another stupid mistake
They were htting speculative shots which is actually how the goal came

The issue is the style isn’t what some people want so they can’t or won’t see beyond that

We have to/should give Conte to the end of the season to see where we are as a team ( both in our style and ability) and i agree with what you say. So many fans getting on his back because they are impatient to see exciting football with out any idea of how long it takes to bring that to a winning team.

It works to a point. At that point we then need flexibility, one size does not fit all.

We have 2 points from 3 London Derbies and tbh we were lucky to scrape a point against Chelsea. There is definitely scope for more flexibility..

We have to/should give Conte to the end of the season to see where we are as a team ( both in our style and ability) and i agree with what you say. So many fans getting on his back because they are impatient to see exciting football with out any idea of how long it takes to bring that to a winning team.

I really don’t get the criticism that Conte is taking. Yeah results have been ahead of performances but that’s the first league game we’ve lost in 13 I think.

We were okay yesterday until Hugo threw one in. We were well in the game and I was sitting quite comfortably at half time. Yeah they dominated the start but we came into the game and we looked a lot more incisive when we attacked. You can’t legislate for stupidity and Conte had to deal with two players who should know better making a mickey of things.

People jumping up and down for 3 in CM based on 20 minutes against a ragged Leicester side arent living in the real world. You don’t shuffle your pack on that basis. Contes set up was fine in my book even if we were too passive for my liking at the start.

Conte is still the man for me. It’s not always a good watch but he know what he’s doing.

Back