• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

Maybe like at Chelsea his stubborn nature will be broken and he plays to better strengths.

At the minute I not sure this formation is suiting us and there is a glaring refusal to play the new signings in areas.

I'm hoping there is some kind of masterplan but I'm yet to see it
I actually think his first half tactics would’ve seen us get at least a point and possibly a win without Lloris and Royale’s brain farts. We had numerous 2 on 2, 3 on 3 and 3 on 2 situations as soon as we were through Arsenal’s first press.

I actually think his first half tactics would’ve seen us get at least a point and possibly a win without Lloris and Royale’s brain farts. We had numerous 2 on 2, 3 on 3 and 3 on 2 situations as soon as we were through Arsenal’s first press.
Agreed, I was liking the way things were shaping up at HT. Maybe it was a brick team talk at HT or maybe the players just went to sleep, but the 2nd half wasn’t good enough. Not sure you can legislate for an error as bad as that from Hugo though.

Agreed
He can’t factor in Hugo’s brain fart or royals
But he could have set up the team up differently to give himself options

Agreed, I was liking the way things were shaping up at HT. Maybe it was a brick team talk at HT or maybe the players just went to sleep, but the 2nd half wasn’t good enough. Not sure you can legislate for an error as bad as that from Hugo though.
It would’ve been the same as the first half, just see off the expected higher energy and intensity from the home team for the first 15 to 20 mins. That Lloris mistake was crucial in the flow of that game.

Agreed
He can’t factor in Hugo’s brain fart or royals
But he could have set up the team up differently to give himself options
I think the way he set us up saw us getting at least a point without those two terrible mistakes. Arsenal were wide open to the counter attack and it typically only took two passes to expose them to defending a long way from goal with even numbers or even being outnumbered. I think I counted 3 simple passes that Son had to give us a one on one, Perisic, Romero and Richardson also had opportunities to do the same.

We saw how a deeper Kane passing the ball forward for Son to chase was effective under Mourinho and Conte.
Why don't we play like that all the time?
Why does Kane still take free kicks?
Conte either has his hands tied or his not as good a manager as he is made out to be.

We saw how a deeper Kane passing the ball forward for Son to chase was effective under Mourinho and Conte.
Why don't we play like that all the time?
Why does Kane still take free kicks?
Conte either has his hands tied or his not as good a manager as he is made out to be.

Did kane take a free kick? Genuine question i can't remember.

The one Dier rolled to him at 3-1. It was a fudging shocking roll but Harry probably would have hit row Z anyway.

It was a shocking roll, and it was a roll with an air of "why fudging bother mate" about it.
The time is long past that someone had a word with kane about these free kicks, something stinks.

But that's based on the those passes made and the finishes happening, it's still a far reach to think today was any good from selections to start to result. I rate Conte but today was rank[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
It was a shocking roll, and it was a roll with an air of "why fudging bother mate" about it.
The time is long past that someone had a word with kane about these free kicks, something stinks.

It stinks of building “the Harry Kane brand”. Like Messi and Ronaldo take free kicks and are known for it so Harry has to be too.

Fact is that he’s absolutely useless at them and him taking the frees are hurting the team. He’s had several years trying. Time to quit.

It stinks of building “the Harry Kane brand”. Like Messi and Ronaldo take free kicks and are known for it so Harry has to be too.

Fact is that he’s absolutely useless at them and him taking the frees are hurting the team. He’s had several years trying. Time to quit.

No the time to quit has long gone.
I'm really disappointed in conte, the one really big positive i thought he would bring was that this type of brick would stop, that certain players would be put in their place and certain bad practices would be killed.

We are either tottenham Hotspur football club and are set up to win games and trophies, or Tottenham Hotspur football club set up to win harry kane goal scoring records, we can't be both.

This game plan is not working, we may well have managed to scrape results but we look brick. I would much rather be entertained watching Spurs than playing brick football and maybe winning a trophy.

This game plan is not working, we may well have managed to scrape results but we look brick. I would much rather be entertained watching Spurs than playing brick football and maybe winning a trophy.

Was the end of last season brick football though? We've not been good this season. But is it an either, or?

Some of the most exciting games in the prem last season were us under conte

what a promising start with conte, surprised how the execution has been such a let down.he is a smart guy so maybe his hands are tied.

could be the rumours are true and he is eyeing juventus, short contract situation looks increasingly suspicious, and stubbornly sticking to suboptimal formations, player selection and tactics, while obvious solutions are available, remind of mourinho - who i still think engineered his way out of spurs (perhaps for full compensation) judging by how quick he got his next job.

well i hope levy is decisive and not put mason in charge. nagelsmann looks to be available soon too....
also levy out if kane out if he continue to take freekicks, as if he has no say in an issue as obvious as this. haha

Thought the tactics were absolutely fine. We were under pressure, but mostly low quality chances, got opportunities on the break even though we wasted a few too many chances to make it count.

Lloris not catching the ball, the red card. That's what changes the game. Even at 2-1 with 11 I think there's a decent chance we get back to at least a draw. But we can't both give away a goal like that and get a red card and expect to get something from the NLD. That's not on Conte.

What do you think our aim should be for the season in the league? I think we may do okay in the league, maybe a top 4 finish at best, but I fear this squad will never seriously challenge for the title if we continue to be dominated in midfield.

What do you think our aim should be for the season in the league? I think we may do okay in the league, maybe a top 4 finish at best, but I fear this squad will never seriously challenge for the title if we continue to be dominated in midfield.
Same as beginning of the season, top 4
No one can catch city with the money they have spent
Conte has won league titles without dominating midfield
The system works
The system and play is sustainable
But… it doesn’t allow for dumb players making basics errors
If teams are dominating midfield they need to capitalise more. Arsenal got those breaks yesterday
This system means to score against us you need a worldie or a mistake… we gave them both
And the midfield yesterday despite only being 2 “limited players” played through their mass of bodies quite easily
What we missed was the rolls Royce player that is Kulu. Some players are irreplaceable because they do so many things at the same time… he is one. Ball retention, composure, control and amazing passing.

We're a tough watch I agree. Or at least you're not going to watch Spurs if you want to see free flowing football. Tacticly smart football perhaps, but not entertaining football.

That said, if we had a proper attacking/fast RWB and perhaps a creative CM such that we could go 3-5-2 like conte played at Inter, then that might change considerably

Back