• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottingham Hotspurs v Manchester Utd

Sad day but I look at it as building a new home on our land, it's a new house but in virtually the same place. Even more depressed about going to Wembley every other week next season.

Wish we are still in the title race. Instead we only have pride to play for now. Being the last match at WHL, this is supposed to be a memorable and historic match. But it is going to be difficult for the fans and players to get motivated for this match after the way we lost out in the title race for the second consecutive season. Despite that, the players need to lift their game somehow to get back to winning ways and finish the season strongly. We simply cannot repeat the debacle of last season when we ended up without a win in the last 4 matches. We have a mediocre record against ManU but we did thrash them 3-0 at home last season. Hope we can get a similar win again this time.

Kane has never scored against ManU. This will be the perfect time for him to score against them, being the last ever match at WHL. Kane has lacked the usual killer instinct in front of goal since returning from injury. Let's hope he can get back to his best and score 1 or more goals in this match. Afterall, Kane is still 3 goals behind Lukaku in top goal scorers chart. Even Arsenal's Sanchez has equalled Kane's 21 goals now. So, Kane badly needs to go on a goal run now. Unlike Kane, Alli scored against ManU when we beat them 3-0 at home last season. It will be great if Alli can score and move closer to total 20 league goals for the season.

I think this match will be won or lost in midfield. Hope Dembele will be fit to start with Wanyama in midfield. Dembele has always done well against ManU. We will need him to be his best again in this match. Eriksen's creativity will be crucial for us to open up ManU. Hope Eriksen can get more assists for us and get a goal or two as well, especially from freekicks. Eriksen really should be trying those long range shots more as he can hit it really well. I think Son too can play his part by being deadly in front of goal as well. Too bad Lamela is still out injured as he scored a brilliant goal against ManU last season.

Our defence let us down badly against West Ham last week. We cannot afford to be in a similar charitable mood against ManU here. Lloris, Vertonghen and Alderweireld need to be at their best to stop ManU. We simply cannot afford to be complacent and avoid any silly mistakes against ManU. We did well to beat ManCity, Chelsea and Arsenal by the same 2-0 win at home earlier this season. Won't mind if we can win with the similar score against ManU now.

It is going to be emotional playing our last ever game at WHL. Hope we will lift our game to the occasion and get a memorable win against ManU. Remember, we still need atleast point to confirm our 2nd place in the league. Also, it will be great to finish the season unbeaten at home. Let's hope we can win all our remaining 3 matches and reach 86 points to set as a benchmark to follow next season.

Wish we are still in the title race. Instead we only have pride to play for now. Being the last match at WHL, this is supposed to be a memorable and historic match. But it is going to be difficult for the fans and players to get motivated for this match after the way we lost out in the title race for the second consecutive season.

Seriously mate, it's the last ever match at WHL, the fans will have the roof off this afternoon, especially with a 4.30pm kick off and 5 hours in the pub too haha

Seriously mate, it's the last ever match at WHL, the fans will have the roof off this afternoon, especially with a 4.30pm kick off and 5 hours in the pub too haha

I was about to say the same thing.

I doubt that the players will struggle for motivation either. Our highest league finish in 56 years would be a huge achievement and in no way an anticlimax.

I was about to say the same thing.

I doubt that the players will struggle for motivation either. Our highest league finish in 56 years would be a huge achievement and in no way an anticlimax.

Correction. This will be our highest league finish in 54 years since finishing second in 1963. Makes you wonder why our League and Cup Double team of 1961 didn't finish in top 2 after that.

Last edited:
Correction. This will be our highest league finish in 54 years since finishing third in 1963. Makes you wonder why our League and Cup Double team of 1961 didn't finish in top 2 after that.

You mean 2nd in 63. A point and we guarantee matching that. That would be a huge achievement, particularly when you consider that we have finished in the top four in consecutive seasons for the first time in the modern game. You cannot ignore how much the odds are stacked against us doing this and there is more to come from this team too.

Where has this idea that we're gonna lack motivation come from?!? It's a huge game, I'm buzzing, all my mates are buzzing, if you believe anything from the players social media they are buzzing as well! I've just read Levy's message and he doesn't exactly sound disinterested in this game either!

If for whatever messed up reason your not up for it then fine, but don't try and impose that on the rest of the club!

Not to bothered about the other 2 games.

Just turn up today boys.

I was thinking earlier that it's possible that our game against Hull could determine whether they or Palace go down. If we had second secured, seeing Palace go down could be in our interests if we are after Zaha.

I was thinking earlier that it's possible that our game against Hull could determine whether they or Palace go down. If we had second secured, seeing Palace go down could be in our interests if we are after Zaha.

Massive game for both teams today. Epic day for football

I would much prefer Palace to stay up personally.

Think with Zaha the price is the price, if anything anything Palace going down may start an auction.

Also if we secure second we can give players like Edwards (if fit) a game, which will be a nice way to end the season.

Any t*e^a*m n^e*w^s yet ?

It is going to be another tense match being the last ever match at WHL. We need to get an early goal to help us settle down and then go for the second and third goals to kill the game off. Hope we will turn up with the right team and mentality to beat ManU to confirm our second place and finish the season strongly.

a few years ago this would have been a great match for a send-off but Jose will be in damage limitation mode with his Wafer cup match pending. He always goes ultra defensive against other top 5 teams, can't see us losing, could be 0-0 at HT and then 2-0 final score. Hope everyone in attendance has a great day and gets goosebumps and if you have an additional programme you're not going to keep, I'll buy it from you!

It's laughable @markysimmo .....I don't know if our Robot.txt generator actually goes to games?

I feel beyond privileged to be one of the 30000 to be 'invited' to the final ever game. I've earned it becaue of my loyalty and I'm sure all of my fellow die hards will be fully up for it .....

.......tissues in hand

Back