• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT: Tottenham Hotspur vs Sundlan' 12.45pm

Cattermole

My favorite Spurs player

Hopefully the crowd can use the break to wake up

We had Lady Luck shine on us today. A deflection, a pen and a defender fudge up. About time as we didn't get the rub if the green against Everton or Leicester.

Well done the lads. Much better from Eriksen. Lamela still the weak link though IMO

We had Lady Luck shine on us today. A deflection, a pen and a defender fudge up. About time as we didn't get the rub if the green against Everton or Leicester.

Well done the lads. Much better from Eriksen. Lamela still the weak link though IMO

Sunderland is the worst team to come to the Lane in a long time. They didn't even try.

Kirchoff, is he even a footballer? Looked like someone who won a 'Be a player for a day' contest.

Eriksen was turd for 40 minutes. After that he had a few long range shots, but was still average otherwise. His through ball attempts were atrocious. To be fair, Alli and Lamela didn't have much luck either.

Of the four we scored, three were quite lucky. However...of the chances we didn't score, we should have buried at least two (that Lamela fumble on the break-away was one of those instances, as was the rebound that fell to Alli in the first half). So, overall, fair result, good performance: well done, lads.

Notes:

- Dembele made the difference today. He just makes us look more dangerous when he's on the field - personally, I put it down to his dribbling ability forcing defenders to commit to challenges and close him down, which opens up much-needed space for our other lads to operate in. Carroll's a good player, but he just can't make the opposition run scared like Dembele can.

- Even though Sunderland's goal came down his side and he switched off once or twice, Trippier impressed me with his crossing and willingness to stretch the play right up to the touchline. Both Walker and him have mistakes in them, but I really don't mind switching them around at will.

- Jan Kirchoff.

What a funny game, easy three goal win despite not really playing that well, we were far better against Leicester in the week.

Most worrying thing for me was the ease with which they found Defoe with so many long balls into space, he's not particularly quick or good in the air yet it worked far too often.

We are still quite profligate, we were fortunate today that good chances wasted through hitting it straight at the keeper led to easier follow ups.

Had their keeper not had a nervy performance and had fat Sam not made that ridiculous tactical switch I'm not sure we would have gotten away with that.

Last edited:
Never a good omen when Savage is a pundit and he was the cause of our last defeat...

Further to my recent criticisms of football coverage. How does this clown get on TV? He struggles to string two coherent words together and everything he says is drivel. You can tell he speaks, just for the sake of hearing his own voice. Very anti Spurs too. He annoys me. I wish he would just go away.

Of the four we scored, three were quite lucky. However...of the chances we didn't score, we should have buried at least two (that Lamela fumble on the break-away was one of those instances, as was the rebound that fell to Alli in the first half). So, overall, fair result, good performance: well done, lads.

Notes:

- Dembele made the difference today. He just makes us look more dangerous when he's on the field - personally, I put it down to his dribbling ability forcing defenders to commit to challenges and close him down, which opens up much-needed space for our other lads to operate in. Carroll's a good player, but he just can't make the opposition run scared like Dembele can.

- Even though Sunderland's goal came down his side and he switched off once or twice, Trippier impressed me with his crossing and willingness to stretch the play right up to the touchline. Both Walker and him have mistakes in them, but I really don't mind switching them around at will.

- Jan Kirchoff.

Agree on Dembele, why doesn't he do that every game, every time I've seen him commit to taking a player on and getting a shot off he has scored, every single time.

So nice to score so many against an Allardyce side!

What are your thoughts on our fans singing for Defoe when we were 3-1 up? Nice touch but not the right time and particularly as they didn't sing much for our in the first half (well the Sunderland fans called it the library).

C.E didn't have a great first half but was invaluable when lady luck shined a bit.
Alli needs a rest I reckon - perhaps for Son?

Personally I thought Toby was close to MOTM, very impressed (and Jan did well too).

Trippier looked confident and useful on the wing although we played too narrow in the first half to utilise the wing backs.

The Moose - The Boss. Love him.

Mike Dean - well done but you need to celebrate our goals more!

So nice to score so many against an Allardyce side!

What are your thoughts on our fans singing for Defoe when we were 3-1 up? Nice touch but not the right time and particularly as they didn't sing much for our in the first half (well the Sunderland fans called it the library).

C.E didn't have a great first half but was invaluable when lady luck shined a bit.
Alli needs a rest I reckon - perhaps for Son?

Personally I thought Toby was close to MOTM, very impressed (and Jan did well too).

Trippier looked confident and useful on the wing although we played too narrow in the first half to utilise the wing backs.

The Moose - The Boss. Love him.

Mike Dean - well done but you need to celebrate our goals more!

I thought he was poor today, he could have given us way more, it's almost as if he was impartial.

Back