• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT: Tottenham Hotspur vs Sundlan' 12.45pm

I was beginning to hate Leicester and their unbelievable luck when I saw they were up again at Villa, without impressing (again) and so happy to see Villa equalized. I said it before, all we need is a quarter of their luck and we'd be pushing for the title. Today was a good start.

COYS!

I liked how we made our own luck i.e. Eriksen drove into space and took a shot... which deflected right into the top corner, excellent. And the first goal when Kane forced the save and it rebounded to Eriksen (just like Chadli's shot rebounded to Eriksen against Leicester, this is good positioning and following up) and his bounding topspin shot meant that it scurried up Cattermole's thigh and clambered into the net. Both kind of fortunate but both earned by our good play. On another day they don't go in and we don't win... like against Leicester. They are 5 points ahead of us now, top of the league, if only we had beaten them!

Overall it was a bit turgid, as I feared... not urgent enough, bit safe, nobody quite on it... it took going a goal down to SUDDENLY play some one touch football, flicked forwards, flicked into space for Kane, rebound goes to Eriksen, we score. Until then it was all 3 or 4 or 7 touches.

I missed the game, I was out with the wife and daughter...my dad kept me updated, he reckoned Fat Sam blew it by bringing on a defender when it was 1-1, and that we didn't play very well. I told him that 4-1 wins when you aren't playing well is the breakfast of champions!

Hopefully we can kick on. Palace next, they are struggling, so let's crush their phucking windpipe please. We seem to be better away from home anyway...

I liked how we made our own luck i.e. Eriksen drove into space and took a shot... which deflected right into the top corner, excellent. And the first goal when Kane forced the save and it rebounded to Eriksen (just like Chadli's shot rebounded to Eriksen against Leicester, this is good positioning and following up) and his bounding topspin shot meant that it scurried up Cattermole's thigh and clambered into the net. Both kind of fortunate but both earned by our good play. On another day they don't go in and we don't win... like against Leicester. They are 5 points ahead of us now, top of the league, if only we had beaten them!

Overall it was a bit turgid, as I feared... not urgent enough, bit safe, nobody quite on it... it took going a goal down to SUDDENLY play some one touch football, flicked forwards, flicked into space for Kane, rebound goes to Eriksen, we score. Until then it was all 3 or 4 or 7 touches.

Totally this. Too many times in the first half we fannied around outside the box with nobody wanting to take a shot, bar Rose and Kane. If you dont buy a ticket, you cant win the lottery.
In the second half literally seconds before Dembele scored I shouted "somebody just take a f#ckin shot" Amazing what happens when you do

Totally this. Too many times in the first half we fannied around outside the box with nobody wanting to take a shot, bar Rose and Kane. If you dont buy a ticket, you cant win the lottery.
In the second half literally seconds before Dembele scored I shouted "somebody just take a f#ckin shot" Amazing what happens when you do
Too right. Yet how often do we read on GG whenever Kane takes a potshot and misses that he's too greedy, he should have passed to someone in a better position. And how many times, when he DOES pass rather than shoot, do they mess up and the chance is gone?

It was impressive the number of shots he got on target today that had to be parried by the keeper. Could have done with a deflection I suppose.

Glad he got the pen, made up for the goal he so richly deserved but didn't get from open play

Too right. Yet how often do we read on GG whenever Kane takes a potshot and misses that he's too greedy, he should have passed to someone in a better position. And how many times, when he DOES pass rather than shoot, do they mess up and the chance is gone?

It was impressive the number of shots he got on target today that had to be parried by the keeper. Could have done with a deflection I suppose.

Glad he got the pen, made up for the goal he so richly deserved but didn't get from open play

And what a penalty. Bang, pick that one out. Hope I dont jinx it, but now confident we when get a penalty, just like the days when VDV took them

Agree on Dembele, why doesn't he do that every game, every time I've seen him commit to taking a player on and getting a shot off he has scored, every single time.

Still remember his debut goal for us (against Norwich, I think): it was a turn, shimmy and low shot, and to this day I wonder why he doesn't do that more often. He's tried to up his game in the final third this season, but given the amount of times he moves into threatening positions close to the box, firing off a low drive now and then shouldn't be too hard for him (although of course the argument could be made that he draws players towards him as he goes, thus blocking off shot possibilities but opening up space for others around him).

OMT six pages post 4-1 win, says something about this fixture.

Game of two halves. Patience is key when teams park the bus at WHL. Crowd always gets uneasy, more support would help in terms of songs instead of groans.

Good result.

But that was the boringist 4-1 win I've ever known. I hate anti-football teams like Sunderland

Don't think I've been so relaxed during a Tottenham game before. They barely tried and when they did they were terrible.

can't remember if we've ever equalized so quickly, that changed everything, it got our tails up, gave Eriksen the confidence to have another go later on to get his 2nd, well-taken effort from demebele, sunderland have the worst defensive record in the league and it showed but we needed a confidence boost after the leicester games

So how many games have we won when we conceded first? Is that the key? o_O

The key is creating the breathing space with a few goals so we. An o,ha out game with confidence

The longer it takes us to score the worse we end up playing. We go dorm slick football to too many touches predictable football

This was a badly needed win after being winless in 3 matches and losing to Leicester. It was nice to get our first win of 2016 with a convincing way like this. Of course, Sunderland were very poor despite scoring first. Maybe our excellent record against them convinced them not to try too hard. Even when we went a goal down, it always felt like we will come back to win. In fact, we could have scored more goals if we had been more clinical in front of goal.

Credit to Eriksen, Dembele and Kane for scoring the goals. It was nice to see Eriksen scoring 2 goals after not scoring from open play since last season. Eriksen has now scored 5 goals in 4 matches against Sunderland. For some reason, Eriksen seems to enjoy scoring against them. Too bad Eriksen can't play Sunderland every week ! I think his first goal was crucial as it came immediately after Sunderland scored. If we had gone 0-1 down at half time, it would have boosted the confidence of Sunderland for the second half. Instead Eriksen's goal boosted our confidence and put pressure on Sunderland. Eriksen's second goal had element of luck as it was deflected off the Sunderland defender into goal. I think Dembele's goal was the turning point as it killed off Sunderland. It came at a crucial time as Sunderland were still fighting back until then. Kane's goal was just the icing on the cake for us. It was another well-taken penalty by Kane but maybe Eriksen should have taken the penalty to complete his hattrick. Afterall, at 3-1 the game was already won. Maybe Kane wanted to score badly well after not scoring in his previous 3 league matches. Lamela and Alli should have scored from their chances as well. Lamela should have hit the target after being set up by Dembele in the first half while Alli should have scored from the header after an inch perfect cross by Lamela.

This match proves how we missed Dembele when he was out injured. He makes our midfield much stronger and compact ! His control and dribbling skills really improves our midfield greatly. He not only helped to make our midfield much better but he scored as well ! It is nice to see Dembele scoring his 3rd league goal and 4 goals in total this season. Lack of goals was one of Dembele's weakness before. So, it is encouraging to see him scoring more this season.

Really disappointed our defence conceded the goal to Sunderland. Sunderland were shyte but still we managed to let them score. I think Alli should take some blame for not covering the Sunderland player. Lloris too should not have been beaten from that angle as well. Apart from that, thought our defence played well. Sunderland didn't attack us much but still our defence did their job well. Just wish we had kept the clean sheet as that would have improved our goal difference. Atleast we managed to stop our former player Defoe scoring against us !

It was great to get our first win of 2016, especially after losing to Leicester a few days earlier. We are now just 5 points behind first placed-Leicester. Just imagine where we would be in the league standings if we had not thrown away so many easy points this season. Hope this win will boost us to go on a long winning run which will help our top 4 chances greatly !

Back