• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT: Tottenham Hotspur vs Sundlan' 12.45pm

This will be my first ever time watching Spurs live, in the flesh. I am so excited about seeing WHL for the first, and probably only, time.

My girlfriend bought me tickets for Christmas - she's clearly a keeper - and she is even taking the restricted view seat.

I hope you have a great time mate and see a good win, I can still remember my first game at the Lane as it was yesterday ( when in truth it was over 50 years ago) I am sure whatever the result you will never forget it.

Our favourite referee Mike Dean is in charge for this one.

I expect a fistpump celebration equal to the one from Rene Rancourt from the Bruins from him, when Spurs score. ;)

2dsijo9.gif

Can a mod add 12.45pm to the OP please... some people may not realise it is such an early game and will miss it.

I like Mike Dean. My favourite ref. Not only do we have a good record with him, but he's funny to watch and shows emotions.

Defoe 11/1 first goal scorer, 10/3 to score anytime, massive value for somebody who is in such great form

We need to win and look good doing it. 3-1 to us. Defoe for them before feeling guilty and scoring an OG. Kane with the other 2.

COYS

We need to recover fast from the disappointing defeat to Leicester. We can't let that defeat affect us if we want to stay in the top 4 race. But we are still looking for that first win of 2016. After winning the last 3 matches of 2015, we are now winless in 3 matches since then. So, we badly need to win this match to get back to winning ways. We do have a good record against Sunderland, winning 8 and drawing 3 of our last 11 matches against them. So, there is no reason whatsoever why we cannot win this match. But it won't be easy as they have won the last 2 matches with our former player Defoe scoring 5 goals during that period.

We only seem to win league matches when Kane scores ! We did beat Watford despite Kane not scoring, but it was a rare win. So, if we want to win this match, we need to get Kane to score ! But he has been without a goal in 3 league matches. During that period, he had many chances to score but wasted them, including the one-on-one chance chance against Leicester. Kane really needs to improve his one-on-one chance record if he wants to become a world class striker. We cannot expect him to score every time but a top striker should be scoring the one-on-one chances. Disappointingly, we don't have anyone else who can get us the goal when needed. It is a pity that our top league goal scorer behind Kane is the 19-year old Alli ! This is why we really need to buy an experience striker to challenge and guide Kane. In the meantime, players like Lamela, Son and Eriksen can help us by scoring more goals starting with this match.

Our midfield started the season really well. But just when we were starting to have a settled midfeld, Dembele got injured. Our midfield have not been the same compact one since he was injured. Hope Dembele will be back for this match. Pochettino should have learned by now that Carroll is simply not ready to start any league matches. For all his workrate, Carroll makes too many mistakes just like Mason and Bentaleb. We should only bring Carroll on as a sub when needed. I still think we need a reliable defensive midfielder to improve our midfield. Dier started the season well but has been very poor in recent matches. Maybe his lack of experience in midfield has caught up with him. Or maybe he needs a rest. So, hope we will buy an experienced defensive midfielder in this transfer window.

Amazingly, despite losing to Leicester, we still have the best defensive record in the league, conceding far less goals than anyone. But we still need to improve our defending more, especially from the set pieces like corners. It was really disappointing the way we conceded the goal to Leicester via the corner. If we are not comfortable defending from set pieces, then we should not be conceding the free kicks and corners in the first place. We could have avoided the corner from which Leicester scored from. Alli should have cleared the ball first time instead of trying to be too clever and conceding the corner as the result. This is where we can improve our defending. We should keep the ball as far away from our goal as possible. Really hate those back pass to the goalie which always put pressure on Lloris who can't seem to improve his kicks ! And our defenders like Alderweireld should concentrate more on our defending than attacks ! No doubt that our former player Defoe will be our main threat, having scored 5 goals in in his last 2 matches. But will be disappointed if we don't keep the clean sheet in this match.

This is going to be a real test of character for the team, having to recover from the defeat to Leicester. But we badly need to win this match to get back our winning formula. Hope we will get the all important win !

Any team update yet ?

Hope Pochettino will play our best available players, including Dembele, from the start. Eriksen has scored 3 goals in 3 matches against Sunderland. Hope he can continue his goal run against them. Hope we will to turn up with the right mentality and get all the 3 points !

Our team today :-
Lloris (c),
Trippier, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Rose,
Dier, Dembele,
Lamela, Eriksen, Alli,
Kane.
Our subs today :-
Vorm, Davies, Wimmer, Carroll, Chadli, Onomah, Son.​

THFC team: Lloris (c), Trippier, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Rose: Dier, Dembele; Lamela, Eriksen, Alli; Kane

Subs: Vorm, Davies, Wimmer, Carroll, Chadli, Onomah, Son

Sunderland: Pickford, Jones, van Aanholt, O’Shea (c), Brown, Johnson, Lens, Cattermole, M’Vila, Defoe, Graham.

Subs: Rodwell, Borini, Coates, Fletcher, Kirchhoff, Watmore, Mannone.

Sunderlands line up is Clear - hoof to Graham to knock in areas. Defoe can shoot from.
CM - kick lumps.

I like the look if our fb's a lot

I hope that Trippier varies it a but today. I thought that he was a bit too reliant on whipping balls in against Leicester last weekend. Teams like Leicester and Sunderland will eat that up all day and look to hit you on the break.

Back