• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT: Tottenham Hotspur vs Sundlan' 12.45pm

can't remember if we've ever equalized so quickly, that changed everything, it got our tails up, gave Eriksen the confidence to have another go later on to get his 2nd, well-taken effort from demebele, sunderland have the worst defensive record in the league and it showed but we needed a confidence boost after the leicester games

Said exactly the same thing to the missus watching the re-run on BT. Had it done to us plenty of times, we probably have done, but just cannot remember the last time we hit back straight away.
That was massive, we possibly might still have won, but had we gone in 1-0 down at HT, can you imagine how much timewasting would have gone on. They were taking over 30 seconds to take a throw-in at 0-0. F#ck knows what would have happened if there were still defending a lead in the 2nd half.

Sunderland played with 6 at back. Back 4 tightly packed in the middle, and Johnson and Lens/Graham playing as full backs. The most pleasing thing was that we gave Fat Sam one right in the face, straight after he put on defender number 7 to secure a draw. Eat brick Fat bastard! How's that for 'soft team'!

Are we not allowed to criticise a first half performance in a game we won?

The rest of the board had to deal with people throwing toys out of the pram when we were really unlucky against Leicester after playing so well.

Of course I'm all for free speech and understand peoples frustration and disappointment at times, but some people are so negative and have sent agendas about certain players and staff and appear to find something to moan about even after a win.

Said exactly the same thing to the missus watching the re-run on BT. Had it done to us plenty of times, we probably have done, but just cannot remember the last time we hit back straight away.
That was massive, we possibly might still have won, but had we gone in 1-0 down at HT, can you imagine how much timewasting would have gone on. They were taking over 30 seconds to take a throw-in at 0-0. F#ck knows what would have happened if there were still defending a lead in the 2nd half.

Time wasting always annoys me and the pathetic response refs and commentators take to it. They don't seem to understand it's not only meant to waste time but primarily to slow momentum of the game. [

Time wasting always annoys me and the pathetic response refs and commentators take to it. They don't seem to understand it's not only meant to waste time but primarily to slow momentum of the game. [

Exactly. And that's precisely what they were doing, to a tee. I know I want us take time in the last few mins if we are ahead, or take it to the corner, but good grief if a Spurs team ever resorts to tactics like that from the off I will pack it all in.
I would be raging if I was a Sunderland fan who had done a 600mile round trip getting up at daft o'clock to witness that

Exactly. And that's precisely what they were doing, to a tee. I know I want us take time in the last few mins if we are ahead, or take it to the corner, but good grief if a Spurs team ever resorts to tactics like that from the off I will pack it all in.
I would be raging if I was a Sunderland fan who had done a 600mile round trip getting up at daft o'clock to witness that

You'd be surprised what some people enjoy. ;)

They had some interesting comments on us as well before they got angry.

Spurs keep a good shape on the edge of our box like.

Got a lot of really clever footballers going forwards.

That width may be our downfall, we get so narrow in the box.

We are going to get totally battered unless they learn to pass and cut the bloody stupid long balls out to Defoe.

How deep are we sitting man!

Every time we get a throwin the play stops

Then we'll moan at 5 minutes injury time :lol:

This is so easy for Tottenham at the back

Can see us nicking this

A phrase uttered by fans of bottom half clubs every game they play, regardless of who they are playing against.

We're looking better than expected, hope this keeps up.

Jones needs to stop pulling jerseys before he gives up a penalty.

Do like our organisation here. Difficult to break down. Let that home crowd start getting on their back

Honestly though...we defended so well all half and finally get a chance and have something to defend and we concede straight after.

Canny 45 when all said and done, Pickford looking good.

Great half :)

I really don't care how fudgein' boring it is as long as we can come away with a point or three!

A good sign that I'm disappointed that we arent winning.

Same again 2nd half and we can take something from this

they had a lucky break with a bobble and scored but we are not losing away from home, so hang on in man

What the fudge is Savage talking about? When was the last time Cattermole got a 2nd yellow

Absolutely shocking punditry

fudge OFF SAVAGE fudge OFF HODDLE. Pair of bulbricking has beens.

Very quick with yellows for us, but Dembele gets away with the clearest yellow of the match

Another yellow for us for fudge all.

The second half is about to turn into The Mike Dean Show

Ali should be picked up by the ref there. When he got turned over by O'Shea, he clearly took a swing at his danglers when he got up.

Bizarre sub

fudge off Dean how is that not a foul

Ref should definitely have given something for that foul on Defoe there as well.

We've had fudge all off this ref mind

Not even a blatant penalty for Spurs not given...

Game over. Cheers Sam you fudging clown.

Alli is a mammoth bellend

If only we got to half time 0-1 we might've got a draw

Mike Dean has cost us this game for incorrectly booking Lee Cattermole, changed the game.

The capitulation at the back, and the lack of desire to close players down and stop them
Shooting has cost us.
Our chances that we've created away from home at Spurs isn't embarrassing at all.

1-1 and doing okay, changes it and it's 4-1

that's only his second booking in 11 games and he hasn't had a red in two years. The other refs seem to have stopped booking him on reputation. Today was down to Mike Dean, not Cattermole

Yes, we were pitiful when it counted, but Rose got Cattermole booked for nothing and then won a penalty when there was no contact. Poor refereeing to fall for it, but that is no way to play football.

Looking back on the Spurs game, Spurs scored a very fortunate equaliser, got a penalty that was a bit fortunate and scored a goal with a deflection which went in the only place where it would have went in.

Yes, in the last 20 minutes, we weren't brilliant, but, at 1-1 we had chances which we didn't capitalise on (the two on none springs to mind as the best of these).

It was an excellent, disciplined performance for an hour.

We looked comfortable until the changes were made.

2duy346.png

The responses to this were even more hilarious:

Dave Kitson really doesn't like our rotten core.

"We can do a lot better " is he a fan ? Definite axe to grind for some reason.

He knows nothing about Sunderland

Whoever wrote that doesn't understand Sunderland at all

We are a massive club.

'Nobody in football has respect for this club'

:lol:
Defoe doesn't have any respect for us does he now?

If any of the London clubs came in for him he'd be off in a second.

Kitson loves having a dig at us. It's an insult to great pros like O'Shea, Larsson, Defoe etc the way he goes on.

I think the rotten core were about to go out on the tinkle and didn't invite him after a Stoke match perhaps? Knows Cattermole and Johnson and still didnt get a night out...bitter ginger taco!

I used to have some respect for TSF I genuinely enjoyed his earlier books, since that Adam Johnson post it's gone out the window
'He'll never play football again'. I hope if Johnson is found innocent he comes after people like this.

Dave Kitson is a pale ginger dildo. Never liked him me and never ever will/
Pigmy army, Pigmy army!

The lad is a fudgein clown shoe.

He can mock us as much as he wants, he will always have ginger gonads

Sunderland is the worst team to come to the Lane in a long time. They didn't even try.

Kirchoff, is he even a footballer? Looked like someone who won a 'Be a player for a day' contest.

Eriksen was turd for 40 minutes. After that he had a few long range shots, but was still average otherwise. His through ball attempts were atrocious. To be fair, Alli and Lamela didn't have much luck either.

Good job he played turd..because otherwise we could have lost!

Totally this. Too many times in the first half we fannied around outside the box with nobody wanting to take a shot, bar Rose and Kane. If you dont buy a ticket, you cant win the lottery.
In the second half literally seconds before Dembele scored I shouted "somebody just take a f#ckin shot" Amazing what happens when you do

Yeah.. We did fanny about too much..as we needed someone to attack the defence!!!!!!
That is what other teams do to us as soon as they attack. We need that option as well. Dembele did exactly that..

A lot of similarities to the Leicester games. But overall well played by us, though we struggled a bit more in the first half than is ideal of course.

I think Sunderland were a bit underrated by some on here before the game. Yeah they had only beaten Swansea and Villa recently, but it's not like they had been useless. And Allardyce loves putting out that kind of resilient team against us/top teams. They held Arsenal to a draw at the Emirates past the hour mark before conceding a couple more. City got some early goals and put them to bed early, but that kind of thing happens. They're not terrible, and only very rarely is a Allardyce team going to be poor against us.

Very happy to see Eriksen score again, even if it was a bit lucky. Confidence on the ball in and around the box should do him good.

Kane is becoming a very good penalty taker (knock on wood).

Vertonghen was majestic.

see Eriksen score again, even if it was a bit lucky. Confidence on the ball in and around the box should do him good.

Kane is becoming a very good penalty taker (knock on wood).

QUOTE]

And you know for a fact that is from hours on the training pitch after he missed one.

Back