• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT: Tottenham Hotspur vs Sundlan' 12.45pm

Well that was a fantastic experience!

Sat 15 rows from the front in the East Stand. The atmosphere was a curious beast and amused me a lot as I never felt we were in danger of not winning this one.
Seeing Dier and Toby in real-life brought extra appreciation of the fact that they are monsters.
Vertonghen seemed so very composed and calm, great to observe him.
Rose and Trippier kept picking up good, advanced positions with space around them. Not many teams would allow us that so I wish it could have been used more.
The heavy volume of passes sideways and around as the team probed for a way through was instructive to observe in the flesh rather than on TV. It really came over as just an incessant pressure on the opposition and I just expected breakthroughs. It was wonderful to see a game where we had nearly 30 efforts on goal and actually scored more than a couple.

My girlfriend loved the whole thing (to her surprise).
Our enjoyment was enhanced by the guy right in front of us who after FIVE MINUTES, started laying into our own players with abuse. A Spurs fan for over 40 years, apparently, I feared for his heart as his voice kept fading out. He stormed out in disgust when Sunderland scored and promptly missed our equaliser. Near the end of the game there wasl es to grumble about (though he chuntered about passes going astray or sideways) so he did give some chat about Son selling shirts in Korea.

Also, great credit to the Sunderland fans who, at 3-1 down, started singing "You're nothing special, we lose every week"

Well that was a fantastic experience!

Sat 15 rows from the front in the East Stand. The atmosphere was a curious beast and amused me a lot as I never felt we were in danger of not winning this one.
Seeing Dier and Toby in real-life brought extra appreciation of the fact that they are monsters.
Vertonghen seemed so very composed and calm, great to observe him.
Rose and Trippier kept picking up good, advanced positions with space around them. Not many teams would allow us that so I wish it could have been used more.
The heavy volume of passes sideways and around as the team probed for a way through was instructive to observe in the flesh rather than on TV. It really came over as just an incessant pressure on the opposition and I just expected breakthroughs. It was wonderful to see a game where we had nearly 30 efforts on goal and actually scored more than a couple.

My girlfriend loved the whole thing (to her surprise).
Our enjoyment was enhanced by the guy right in front of us who after FIVE MINUTES, started laying into our own players with abuse. A Spurs fan for over 40 years, apparently, I feared for his heart as his voice kept fading out. He stormed out in disgust when Sunderland scored and promptly missed our equaliser. Near the end of the game there wasl es to grumble about (though he chuntered about passes going astray or sideways) so he did give some chat about Son selling shirts in Korea.

Also, great credit to the Sunderland fans who, at 3-1 down, started singing "You're nothing special, we lose every week"

Glad to hear you had a great time.

To me this was GREAT game and result for us.
To me, from listening on the radio we were not as good as we were vs Leicester on Wednesday, but we still had enough to beat and often bamboozle a Fat Sam side AND get a scoreline to show for our dominance.
Shame about the lack of cleansheet but we can't have everything.

I also think people need to realise many of the players had played in midweek and the match started earlier than the others on the same matchweek, so all those moan about our lack of tempo need to look at things in better perspective. Also remember we have another midweek must-win game as well; Imo Poch got our tempo absolutely spot on.

To me the result bodes well as i think we'll come up against even more "Park-the-bus" tactics and when some of our recent top midfield performers had a slight 'off-day' in terms of getting on the scoresheet we were able to find others (i.e. Eriksen and Dembele) to step up instead.

Bring on Leicester. Bring on the fight for the Title/Top 4.

COYS!

It kept on autocorrecting it

f55e3e0fdd90f6de82bf9d30c82b3b518ec5ecd8a7b92c0b64b6540eb19cafed.jpg

Back