• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

what has happened to the transfer section?

http://www.givemefootball.com/332941-liverpool-target-afellay-back-on-the-market?

we were interested in afellay a year ago wonder if we still are, do wonder why they did not want to buy him after his loan, always looked good when i saw him play

We could have had him on a loan with a possibility to sign him permanently last summer, but chose not to? Since then he's had an average season at Schalke, where they seem to rate Farfan higher than him and they chose to sign Bastos instead of him when they could probably have signed Afellay fairly cheaply.

I think he's looked good when I've seen him play (although I haven't seen much of him), but I'm not sure what would have changed our minds since last summer about him. Seems very unlikely to me.

:ross:

Le Havre are fearful they could be set to lose another one of their starlets to one of Europe's top leagues in the shape of El-Hadji Ba.

The 19-year-old defensive midfielder has emerged into the first-team this year, but he is still on a trainee contract and will be free to leave in the summer.

Tottenham were understood to be close to signing the player back in 2011 and they are reportedly still keen, whilst Sunderland are also been credited with an interest.

Le Havre are a renowned breeding ground for young talent in France, but they have always struggled to hold onto to top assets with the likes of Charles N'Zogbia, Paul Pogba and Matthias Lepiller all departing before making the grade in France.

"I hope there won't be any proceedings [about his future]," he told L'Equipe.

"We will meet his representatives soon and we hope to find an agreement for everyone's interest."

Le Havre's chairman of their education centre Johann Louvel says the player has a lot of work to do.

"He still has difficulties to hold on more than one hour, so he still has to make a lot of basic work to be able to repeat efforts. So I cannot see any sport or financial interest for him to leave us," he added.

Who : El Pichichi Where : Total Tottenham When : 18/02/13

So.. I spoke to this close friend of mine (and Álvaro's) about last January's transfer window, and he told me that the following chronological events took place (some are already known):

- Chelsea made an enquiry for Negredo in December (and then opted for Ba);
- In early January Arsenal, Everton and Saudi Sportswashing Machine made enquiries (they were apparently told that nothing below €20M would be acceptable)
- Borussia Dortmund made an offer of reputedly €14M
- Tottenham opened talks, making an official enquiry, while at the same time first offering something like €12M
- Both Dortmund and Tottenham were told that, as the window was reaching its end, nothing below €25M would be acceptable
- On the final day of the window, Everton made an €11M bid (which was rapidly rejected)
- Also on the final day, Tottenham apparently made a final attempt, offering some sort of fee for a 6-month loan deal (also rejected)
- With the Russian transfer window still open, Lokomotiv Moscow apparently made an offer of €16M, last week
- Sevilla has rejected the bid, but with the russian window going on until the 27th of February, anything can still happen (however, Sevilla won't likely be willing to sell a player when they can no longer replace him..)

Meanwhile, Sevilla is in deeper and deeper financial problems, with reports of the players not having been paid last season's prize-money and the last couple of month's wages already confirmed by the President del Nido... Solutions to leave this crisis are being prepared though, he says...

Who : El Pichichi Where : Total Tottenham When : 18/02/13

So.. I spoke to this close friend of mine (and Álvaro's) about last January's transfer window, and he told me that the following chronological events took place (some are already known):

- Chelsea made an enquiry for Negredo in December (and then opted for Ba);
- In early January Arsenal, Everton and Saudi Sportswashing Machine made enquiries (they were apparently told that nothing below €20M would be acceptable)
- Borussia Dortmund made an offer of reputedly €14M
- Tottenham opened talks, making an official enquiry, while at the same time first offering something like €12M
- Both Dortmund and Tottenham were told that, as the window was reaching its end, nothing below €25M would be acceptable
- On the final day of the window, Everton made an €11M bid (which was rapidly rejected)
- Also on the final day, Tottenham apparently made a final attempt, offering some sort of fee for a 6-month loan deal (also rejected)
- With the Russian transfer window still open, Lokomotiv Moscow apparently made an offer of €16M, last week
- Sevilla has rejected the bid, but with the russian window going on until the 27th of February, anything can still happen (however, Sevilla won't likely be willing to sell a player when they can no longer replace him..)

Meanwhile, Sevilla is in deeper and deeper financial problems, with reports of the players not having been paid last season's prize-money and the last couple of month's wages already confirmed by the President del Nido... Solutions to leave this crisis are being prepared though, he says...

I don't think we were ever interested in Mehgredo. He's not young, pretty average and overpriced - it never really made sense.

From what transpired in January it appears we only had one forward target/deal we were working on all along.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foo...ice-spurs-flop-emmanuel-adebayor-8514753.html

Spurs linked to a big forward that AVB once managed.

Éderzito António Macedo Lopes known as Eder. 11 goals in 16 this season for Braga.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Éderzito_António_Macedo_Lopes

Seems a bit too 'formulaic crap journalism' to me. Struggling for any actual info, so wiki AVBs squads at Porto and Academica and see who is currently doing well.

From The ****erel Crows on COYS

Just been told by a close friend of his wife that Modders and his agent have been told by Real Madrid that he will be sold in the summer. They are actively looking at where in Europe they would be interested in moving to.

From The ****erel Crows on COYS

Just been told by a close friend of his wife that Modders and his agent have been told by Real Madrid that he will be sold in the summer. They are actively looking at where in Europe they would be interested in moving to.

Cheeky bid ?

Most likely isn't true (still think he'll be the long-term replacement for Alonso), but didn't prevent me having a schadenfreude-laced chuckle anyway. He could have stayed, developed his game like Bale's doing under AVB, and left this summer for a good fee and with a lot of his goodwill among the fans and management restored, confident in his new-found abilities and ready to truly fit in at Madrid.

Instead, he left a year early, struggled horribly, blamed it on us and is now the victim of active 'Modric out!' rumors, barely a year into his dream move. Pfft.

Could see him go to PSG, with or without Mourinho. He won't be coming back to us as we wouldn't come anywhere near the fee they'll be asking and there are few others that will.

Gareth Bale is prepared to delay his dream move to Real Madrid for one more year – for the sake of his family, writes the Sunday People .

Spurs chairman Daniel Levy believes he can persuade the Welsh international to stay if the club qualify for the Champions League and will offer an improved contract as an extra incentive.

And his plea for Bale to remain at White Hart Lane will be helped further by the fact that those closest to the 23-year-old star are also encouraging him to stay.

His long-term girlfriend Emma Rhys-Jones gave birth to their first child in October. The couple were teenage sweethearts and she still lives in Cardiff with their daughter.

Bale – whose touching heart goal celebration is dedicated to his partner – has discussed moving to Spain with her. She is apparently happy to go along with whatever he decides, *although it is thought she would prefer to stay in England for now.

Sources close to Bale believe those strong family ties mean he remains open to the prospect of staying at Spurs, if they finish in the top four.

However, he is being coveted by every top club in Europe as his astonishing form continues, with Real Madrid the move he eventually wants.

He only signed a new four-year contract – worth around £75,000 a week – last year. But Tottenham are prepared to offer him £130,000 a week to ward off the predators and if Bale does move, the club will not consider any offers below £50million.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/tottenham-transfer-news-gareth-bale-1740327

Real Madrid are ready to make a summer raid on Tottenham – for Kyle Walker rather than Gareth Bale, writes the Sunday People.

The Spanish giants have been watching the England right-back closely for the last 18 months – and the two clubs have a partnership agreement in place which sees them having an informal ‘first option’ on available players at the other club.

And as Real seek a summer replacement for their former Liverpool full-back Alvaro Arbeloa, Walker is top of their hitlist.

Walker signed a five-year deal at Spurs less than a year ago, so Spurs chairman Daniel Levy would demand at least £15million for him.

But Real have been keen on the defender ever since his outstanding performance for England against Spain at the European Under-21 Championships in 2011.

Jose Mourinho is a confirmed admirer of Walker, 22, and even though the Special One is likely to leave the Bernabeu this summer, Walker will remain a target for the club.

Real’s spies have been at virtually every Tottenham match this season as they monitor the progress of Bale.

But the brilliant Welshman does not want to leave White Hart Lane this summer, believing another year at Spurs would benefit for professional and personal reasons.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/tottenham-transfer-news-kyle-walker-1740338

Liverpool are set to invite non-League sensation Daniel Carr for a week-long trial after he scored 23 goals in 23 games for Dulwich Hamlet.

Who remembers the last Dulwich Hamlet striker to get signed by a Premier League team? :D

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2289019/Joe-Cole-I-wrong-join-Liverpool.html

Interesting quote from Joe Cole:

'Spurs was probably the best option because they were offering me a five-year deal and it meant I could stay in familiar surroundings.
'But I just couldn’t do it, I just couldn’t see myself pulling that Spurs shirt over my head. With the rivalry between Spurs and West Ham and Chelsea, it felt a bit mercenary.

Rather than mercenary to go to Liverpool because they offered £80k a week to us offering £40k??? Right Joe it was the shirt that made the difference.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2289019/Joe-Cole-I-wrong-join-Liverpool.html

Interesting quote from Joe Cole:

'Spurs was probably the best option because they were offering me a five-year deal and it meant I could stay in familiar surroundings.
'But I just couldn’t do it, I just couldn’t see myself pulling that Spurs shirt over my head. With the rivalry between Spurs and West Ham and Chelsea, it felt a bit mercenary.

In a way I respect him for standing by his footballing principles like that but ultimately he let his heart rule his head. From a pure career oriented perspective that was probably a mistake as Spurs have looked a better team by far over the last few years, but who knows how his career would have turned out if he had come to Spurs. Sliding doors.

Edit - did they offer him an extra 40k a week? Well then ignore all that brick I just typed.

There was a quote from someone at Liverpool about it. To make sure they would get him they made 'an offer he couldn't refuse'.

The important thing to remember about Cole going to Liverpool was that it left us the place and funds to go for Rafa a few weeks later. Like losing a quid then finding a wad of notes.

Back