• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

what has happened to the transfer section?

Barcelona star Lionel Messi hints that he would relish the prospect of playing alongside Gareth Bale & Wayne Rooney.

Make it happen Levy.

So apparently my brothers ( 1 a Spurs fan the other Liverpool) seem to think they read/heard that Levy is planning on changing the wage cap to attract bigger players aswell as offering Bale a bigger wage. So is there any news on this? Apparently Redknapp was talking about it on Sunday but i must of missed it?

Does anyone think SAF is considering selling Rooney? or is it just the press stirring?

So apparently my brothers ( 1 a Spurs fan the other Liverpool) seem to think they read/heard that Levy is planning on changing the wage cap to attract bigger players aswell as offering Bale a bigger wage. So is there any news on this? Apparently Redknapp was talking about it on Sunday but i must of missed it?

The idea that there was ever a specific wage cap for individual players at Spurs was always a myth, IMO.

There is an overall wage budget which is determined by the club's revenues. At Levy's Spurs, that wage budget will almost always be between 50-60% of turnover.

How that budget is divvied up isn't set in stone.

Absolute bollox, imv - not a chance

I agree, just got me thinking that he's 27 and appears to have stopped improving...

although I'm not a Man Utd fan watching every week so I don't know how important he is to their team anymore?

I think we should go in for Rooney - just not sure how plausible it would be. I imagine Utd would want Bale as part of the deal i.e. they give us cash plus rooney for Bale which a) would make space in the team for Bale and b) make space on the wage front. I also imagine Utd would make it very difficult for us to get Rooney in the absence of Bale in the deal.

Rooney would be great for us linking up with Bale etc.

I think he'll be a fantastic player but that's the position of the pitch that we have most cover for, Bale can play there now, Dempsey plays there, Siggy plays there, Holtby plays there, Dembele could play there if asked, it wouldn't make much sense to spend money on him, could be much better used on other areas of the pitch.

Striker, winger, CM, and fullbacks should be looked at before another AM. Would be quite a waste if we signed Eriksen.

Striker, winger, CM, and fullbacks should be looked at before another AM. Would be quite a waste if we signed Eriksen.
Possibly cheap, talented and young. Sounds like the perfect Levy signing to me. And one for the project.

Possibly cheap, talented and young. Sounds like the perfect Levy signing to me. And one for the project.

Eriksen is a poor man's Siggy. Not up to EPL standard IMO.

Also if we sign another midfielder then it's got to be a CM, not another #10.

Agree GB, I have watched Eriksen alot.. dont think he would make it in the PL, he is much more suited to playing in Spain.

Completely agree with the first bit. re the full backs, would take a lot of money to get better than Walker and Benny and I'm confortable (for now) with Naughton and Rose as their deputies (plus Smith for cup games).

Also dont see us having the cash for any other full backs - a new CF, CM and winger plus potentially a reserve keeper will set us back a pretty penny and probably more than we actally have to spend. And we wont be getting huge amounts from sales this summer either - few million from selling Thudd, perhaps selling Adebayor, but anyone else would either be low value (eg. Bentley) or free (Gallas, Freidel)

Just can't see both of these happening, unless we are selling the ones we already have.

Parker/Sandro and Dembele/Livermore is a solid midfield 2. We're not just going to break that up on a whim. If we're sticking with a midfield two and Bale as an AM i can see us in for a new striker.

And if we go to a midfield 3 i'd bet on Bale being moved forwards to the striker spot. He'd be wasted from the wide positions.

Just can't see both of these happening, unless we are selling the ones we already have.

Parker/Sandro and Dembele/Livermore is a solid midfield 2. We're not just going to break that up on a whim. If we're sticking with a midfield two and Bale as an AM i can see us in for a new striker.

And if we go to a midfield 3 i'd bet on Bale being moved forwards to the striker spot. He'd be wasted from the wide positions.

Really dont see Livermore as a good enough CM and also having 3 of your 4 CMs (Parker, Sandro and Livermore) as essentially defensive midielders just wouldnt work. Assuming Thudd leaves (which I would think is more likely than not) he needs to be replaced with a creative CM and then Livermore / Carroll either loaned out or staying as 5th / 6th choice (preferably loaned out though as staying and only making say 5-10 starts would kill their development).

I do agree that getting a CF, winger and CM isnt that likely just because, unless we manage to find a couple bargains, I cant see us affording it. We'll only generate £5m - £10m from sales this summer and cant see us spending more than £30m total so £20m - 25m net spend.

Really dont see Livermore as a good enough CM and also having 3 of your 4 CMs (Parker, Sandro and Livermore) as essentially defensive midielders just wouldnt work. Assuming Thudd leaves (which I would think is more likely than not) he needs to be replaced with a creative CM and then Livermore / Carroll either loaned out or staying as 5th / 6th choice (preferably loaned out though as staying and only making say 5-10 starts would kill their development).

I do agree that getting a CF, winger and CM isnt that likely just because, unless we manage to find a couple bargains, I cant see us affording it. We'll only generate £5m - £10m from sales this summer and cant see us spending more than £30m total so £20m - 25m net spend.

Well, depends, if we got 4th/3rd with CL money +new TV deal, I think you could see us spending more

Striker is #1 priority, I suspect AVB still want's a Moutino/CM type
The only other areas for me is potentially cover/competition for Lennon

Back