• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

what has happened to the transfer section?

Well, depends, if we got 4th/3rd with CL money +new TV deal, I think you could see us spending more

Striker is #1 priority, I suspect AVB still want's a Moutino/CM type
The only other areas for me is potentially cover/competition for Lennon

I think we could keep our powder dry on that one and use Townsend as cover. I think he's ready for it.

Just can't see both of these happening, unless we are selling the ones we already have.

Parker/Sandro and Dembele/Livermore is a solid midfield 2. We're not just going to break that up on a whim. If we're sticking with a midfield two and Bale as an AM i can see us in for a new striker.

And if we go to a midfield 3 i'd bet on Bale being moved forwards to the striker spot. He'd be wasted from the wide positions.

Sell Defoe and Hudd. Buy Leandro and Moutinho. That would be the perfect summer.

Would give us the option of playing both 4-2-3-1 and 4-3-3 then.

Sell Defoe and Hudd. Buy Leandro and Moutinho. That would be the perfect summer.

I think it is far more likely that we will look to move Adebayor on than Defoe.

I think it is far more likely that we will look to move Adebayor on than Defoe.

Defoe will be 31 - Levy knows it's the last chance we'll ever get anything for him.

We'll not be able to offload Ade either, as City won't continue to pay half his wages if he moves again.

Defoe will be 31 - Levy knows it's the last chance we'll ever get anything for him.

We'll not be able to offload Ade either, as City won't continue to pay half his wages if he moves again.

There were plenty of rumours that we were willing to let Ade go in January. I think that his poor form and high wages mean that it is more than likely that he will move on if a suitable offer comes in this summer.

We don't know what the arrangement is with City regarding his wages. I think it is unlikely that Levy would agree to a deal that restricted us moving him on, particularly considering his history.

Leeds continued to pay toward the wages of a number of their ex-players after several moves.

Defoe is relatively cheap, in the best form of his career, settled and hard working. I know that you don't like him but I think that you will have to put up with him for a season or two more yet.

Not sure that Leandro is half as good as some people (who have probably seen very little of him) seem to think he is.

Could be a good signing for a realistic price ((£10-15 million) but not for the £20-25 million, or more, that Internacional are reported to be demanding.

Plenty of more proven, and probably better, strikers in Europe (or elsewhere) that we could get for less, I'd wager.......if only we scouted properly. Let's not fixate on this one player.

Just can't see both of these happening, unless we are selling the ones we already have.

Parker/Sandro and Dembele/Livermore is a solid midfield 2. We're not just going to break that up on a whim. If we're sticking with a midfield two and Bale as an AM i can see us in for a new striker.

And if we go to a midfield 3 i'd bet on Bale being moved forwards to the striker spot. He'd be wasted from the wide positions.

Not enough passing ability there imo

Chelsea are prepared to sell Fernando Torres for £15m, only two years after signing the Spaniard, 28, in a £50m deal from Liverpool

Full story: Express

Add another £20m and maybe we're in the ballpark..but only just

actually funny enough, if bale didnt want to go i wouldnt take that...and i'm actually being truthful here

50 million and modric is not enough for me to reliinquish what i think i would have with bale and some run of the mill top class role players

last couple of seasons he has more or less averaged 2 in 3 overall at Club level

the way defoe is playing now in the premier league, one of the top 2 or three most competitive in the world, would defoe be able to match what leandro has done in brazil or would he be able to surpass it do you think?

2 in 3 is actually quite good though, no matter who you are or where you play

last couple of seasons he has more or less averaged 2 in 3 overall at Club level

Take away his 34 goals in 39 games in the Campeonato Gaucho - games which, barring those against Gremio, are against the equivalent of local Conference or League Two level teams - and his record isn't so impressive.

28 goals in 72 games in the Campeonato Brasileiro Série A - the proper Brazilian league - gives you a better idea. Not a terrible scoring record by any means. But nor is it a record which screams "twenty million pound player" either.

Only 2 in 14 for the Brazil national team too.

Not sure that Leandro is half as good as some people (who have probably seen very little of him) seem to think he is.

Could be a good signing for a realistic price ((£10-15 million) but not for the £20-25 million, or more, that Internacional are reported to be demanding.

I like what I've seen of Damião and want us to sign him if the price is realistic, Internacional are asking for silly money though - the kind he'd be worth if he had already turned into a proven top class striker in one of the european top leagues. We're not even trying to sign him on a high as he's playing and scoring less than he was when we initially went for him. Internacional has signed several new forwards that takes some of the shine off Damião, although he's still important player for them he aint pulling up trees.

Brazilian teams are forced to play in region competitions against rather poor level opposition.
Damião score 1 in 1 ratio in these games, in the brazilian top league however he has 28 in 72 which is good but not sensational. Imagine Jermain Defoe's goal ratio if we faced teams like Sutton, Bromley, Enfield, Hayes & Yeading for a big part of the season.

He has lost his place in the national team where he is ranked behind Fred (who is back in brazilian football after he got released by Lyon after he lost his spot in the team to Milan Baros and a teenage Benzema) and an ageing Luis Fabiano.
Both with a more impressive goal ratio in the brazilian top league.

Do you think they would take a straight swap with Ade? [-o<

Isnt Dzeko their highest scorer this season though? Cant see City selling him.

From a day or two ago:

""Edin is an important player for us. At this time we have not spoken about the transfer market as there are still 10 games to go. But in June anything can happen. If a player asks me to leave, we will evaluate the situation, this applies for all players.

Dzeko for me is a great player. In Italy he could score more than 20 goals a season. But he would cost €20million, maybe more."

....He's definitely for sale.

Back