• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Victimpool FC - Klopp leaving, grown men crying

It is a big game, it's put them in the Semi Final and with a big possibility of putting another trophy in the cabinet. We are talking about a team that have been to two Champions League finals in recent memory, winning one of them. If they can treat it as a big tournament then we certainly should.

If we had 'gone' for this tournament we probably would have created a much better atmosphere than the one we did, once the fans who have paid money to watch us see that team sheet they're already going to give up.

Not moaning, we have had a fantastic season, but if Liverpool win yet another Trophy achieving Champions League in the process then they certainly will have had a good season and they will only get better under Klopp.

Am I right in thinking that if Liverpool win EL and City won the CL then there'd be no CL spot for 3rd and 4th?

No, if liverpool win the europa league and City win the champions league (ugh), and both finnish outside the top four then the 4th place loses champions league. In this case there would be 5 English teams in the champions league.

There's no two ways about it, that was a very impressive win for Liverpool. From watching it on the telly it looked like a magic atmosphere there last night.

Amazing game.

However, it shows all that is wrong with Liverpool. Most people are portraying it as a Klopp masterclass. They were being battered. In desperation Klopp made those substitutions. He got lucky.

And you can not go on being lucky forever. The problem with Liverpool is that there is no plan. No system. No Liverpool way of doing things. No business strategy other than hit and hope.

They will buy big in the summer. They might get lucky like they did with Suarez. Or maybe they won't. There may be a dead cat bounce. But ultimately it will be a disappointing season. The following summer they will buy big again. Results won't improve. Klopp goes.

And then the pattern repeats.

They are deteriorating season on season. Sooner or later they implode like Villa or Saudi Sportswashing Machine. And it's 40 years to get back.

We know.

It is a big game, it's put them in the Semi Final and with a big possibility of putting another trophy in the cabinet. We are talking about a team that have been to two Champions League finals in recent memory, winning one of them. If they can treat it as a big tournament then we certainly should.
Victimpool have to treat it as important - they have no chance of finishing in the top 4 and far less of winning the league.

If we had 'gone' for this tournament we probably would have created a much better atmosphere than the one we did, once the fans who have paid money to watch us see that team sheet they're already going to give up.
I'm sure we would have. I'm glad we didn't.

Not moaning, we have had a fantastic season, but if Liverpool win yet another Trophy achieving Champions League in the process then they certainly will have had a good season and they will only get better under Klopp.
They'll have had an incredible season by their (non-Suarez) recent seasons.

The Klopp bit is subjective. I think he's an excellent manager but I don't think he's nearly good enough to negate all of the things that are wrong with Victimpool (mostly the fans).

Am I right in thinking that if Liverpool win EL and City won the CL then there'd be no CL spot for 3rd and 4th?
No.

It was a fine, if not freak, result. I think Dortmund got arrogant and Liverpool lucky, but fair play, you earn that luck if you fight hard enough. I do not think they will win it.

I think they definitely got arrogant. The whole fans love in smacked of Dortmund thinking it was a given they go through and win the cup, so they could just happily make friends along the way. I'd be embarrassed if we starting singing an opposing teams anthem at our home game, I mean wtf?!?

I think they definitely got arrogant. The whole fans love in smacked of Dortmund thinking it was a given they go through and win the cup, so they could just happily make friends along the way. I'd be embarrassed if we starting singing an opposing teams anthem at our home game, I mean wtf?!?
Dortmund have been singing you'll never walk alone for years haven't they? Don't think that was a liverpool tribute.

I think that match was typical of some Dortmund performances I have seen from them. Glorius going forward but give up chances if you go at them. Klopp knew this and went gung ho at them right to the death. He knew they would buckle under the pressure. Call it tactical or desperation but it worked.

By rights Dortmund should have been out of sight but got roostery when they went two up and the Liverpool goals panicked them. The Coutinho goal was excellent but the other two were defensive mistakes really. Watch the corner kick and a Dortmund player actually moves away from the flight of the ball rather than into it cutting it out. Criminal.

Well done Liverpool. I wish it was us doing that and not them.

Does seem to be a love-in between the two club reading the forums. Hopefully this was a freak result and not a sign of things to come for Liverpool under Klopp. Do we think Sevilla would beat them over two legs?

I think that match was typical of some Dortmund performances I have seen from them. Glorius going forward but give up chances if you go at them. Klopp knew this and went gung ho at them right to the death. He knew they would buckle under the pressure. Call it tactical or desperation but it worked.

By rights Dortmund should have been out of sight but got roostery when they went two up and the Liverpool goals panicked them. The Coutinho goal was excellent but the other two were defensive mistakes really. Watch the corner kick and a Dortmund player actually moves away from the flight of the ball rather than into it cutting it out. Criminal.

Well done Liverpool. I wish it was us doing that and not them.

How do they seem defensively now under Tuchel compared to when they were under Klopp? Have they gone backwards defensively, but got better attacking wise?

Does seem to be a love-in between the two club reading the forums. Hopefully this was a freak result and not a sign of things to come for Liverpool under Klopp. Do we think Sevilla would beat them over two legs?
Sevilla are the better side but they've had a poor run in the league recently. Anything can happen in a cup though - just look at last night.

Sevilla are the better side but they've had a poor run in the league recently. Anything can happen in a cup though - just look at last night.

Don't want Liverpool getting Champions League football, at the moment they seem to be at about our level with regards to players they could attract, we seem to go for alot of the same players. Us being in the CL and them not will be a big advantage to us.

Don't want Liverpool getting Champions League football, at the moment they seem to be at about our level with regards to players they could attract, we seem to go for alot of the same players. Us being in the CL and them not will be a big advantage to us.

This; plus they pay a lot of higher (stupid) wages too

I didn't see any of the games, but it baffles me that Liverpool managed to beat them over two legs. I thought Dortmund looked very solid against us over two legs, and Liverpool certainly hasn't looked solid this season. I don't think they'll go on to win it. They're still too unstable.

We will not be paying as higher wages as Lpool so dont think the CL will matter so much in our favour (should we be in it:cool:)

I didn't see any of the games, but it baffles me that Liverpool managed to beat them over two legs. I thought Dortmund looked very solid against us over two legs, and Liverpool certainly hasn't looked solid this season. I don't think they'll go on to win it. They're still too unstable.

The Klopp love-in was a massive distraction for Dortmund IMHO
Emotion is big leveler if harnessed correctly.
Tuchel mentioned this before the first leg, I think. "we need to play the game not the occasion" or something along those lines. Dortmund did not!

So yeah, miracle at Anfield last night, guy in wheelchair gets up when Lovren scores - except he wasn't in a wheelchair. :p
Soldado to score hat-trick at Anfield in the next round!

How do they seem defensively now under Tuchel compared to when they were under Klopp? Have they gone backwards defensively, but got better attacking wise?
I not too sure I'd be able to make an accurate comparison between them both, but this team seem to have a glass jaw so to speak. Once you hit them they don't seem to recover too well and last night was a prime example.

Back