• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Victimpool FC - Klopp leaving, grown men crying

I would still like to see him here, as I have said before I think he would work well with Kane. But its not going to happen.
I think Klopp's team (when playing his way) is about as close as any to ours in the PL.

IMO Benteke would fit our system about as well as he does theirs.

In answer to both posts above, I rate Benteke and I still believe that Kane could play behind the main striker ( and would/could be even a better player from there). But as I said earlier that boat has sailed and I do not see it resurfacing so its a pointless debate.

As for your point about Defoe Steff, well I think Defoe has been under rated by some fans and we got shut of him to soon ( imo), I heard he has scored 15 goals this season in a brick side so he still can do the job.

Thought I'd have a look over at rawk to see their reaction to the game, and stumbled across this

Sakho is the most comfortable on the ball of all our defenders

To me he's probably one of the least comfortable ball playing cb's in the league, he looks so clumsy it's laughable! Strong as an ox, but useless with his feet as soon as someone is within 10 yards of him.

Thought I'd have a look over at rawk to see their reaction to the game, and stumbled across this

To me he's probably one of the least comfortable ball playing cb's in the league, he looks so clumsy it's laughable! Strong as an ox, but useless with his feet as soon as someone is within 10 yards of him.
Lol! Even Steve Wonder can see that Sakho has the finesse and technique of an anvil.

really fudging hate them, but Klopp is still likeable

Will be interesting to see if he does a clearout and buys "his" kind of players. without it they will remain inconsistent (and their hit/miss ratio on buys is appalling).

really fudgeing hate them, but Klopp is still likeable

Will be interesting to see if he does a clearout and buys "his" kind of players. without it they will remain inconsistent (and their hit/miss ratio on buys is appalling).
I'd be a bit embarrassed if our manager spent the whole match gurning up and down the touchline like a special needs kid on crystal meth.

I'd be a bit embarrassed if our manager spent the whole match gurning up and down the touchline like a special needs kid on crystal meth.

didn't say I wanted him to manage us (do think he's batbrick crazy), but he's interesting and can often (not always) be truthful in post match analysis.

I see that Liverpool can no longer win the title. Can they still finish above us? It may still mathematically possible and, of course, their fans still believe. However, the sane amongst us, understand that they won't. So what is that now 6 in last 7? And I'd say the gap between us on and off the field is wider than it has been at any time during those 7 seasons.

I believe that today we have better players, we are a better side, better club, with a better vision for the future. And we, Tottenham Hotspur, are the club they need to emulate. Their entitled fans with their blind faith in the Klopp delusion and the "next season is our season" lie will hate that truth and that makes me very happy.

I concede through gritted teeth that in recent years we have strived to emulate Arsenal's model for running a football club but I say we are now very close to or even matching our nearest and dearest rivals. What other clubs should Liverpool seek to copy? The only other plausible English sides are Southampton, Stoke or West Ham. Perhaps these are more realistic targets for the "Greatest Club in History."

They are a broken club that are flattering to deceive. (ref Villa, Leeds, Wolves, Pompey, Saudi Sportswashing Machine, Sunderland, Blackburn, etc.)

I see that Liverpool can no longer win the title. Can they still finish above us? It may still mathematically possible and, of course, their fans still believe. However, the sane amongst us, understand that they won't. So what is that now 6 in last 7? And I'd say the gap between us on and off the field is wider than it has been at any time during those 7 seasons.

I believe that today we have better players, we are a better side, better club, with a better vision for the future. And we, Tottenham Hotspur, are the club they need to emulate. Their entitled fans with their blind faith in the Klopp delusion and the "next season is our season" lie will hate that truth and that makes me very happy.

I concede through gritted teeth that in recent years we have strived to emulate Arsenal's model for running a football club but I say we are now very close to or even matching our nearest and dearest rivals. What other clubs should Liverpool seek to copy? The only other plausible English sides are Southampton, Stoke or West Ham. Perhaps these are more realistic targets for the "Greatest Club in History."

They are a broken club that are flattering to deceive. (ref Villa, Leeds, Wolves, Pompey, Saudi Sportswashing Machine, Sunderland, Blackburn, etc.)

I would love to believe all that; however, i think they finally have a good coach who has a plan and a vision. If they actually buy well this Summer and don't go down the scuttergun approach of several of previous summers i think Klopp could make them a challenger again...

I would love to believe all that; however, i think they finally have a good coach who has a plan and a vision. If they actually buy well this Summer and don't go down the scuttergun approach of several of previous summers i think Klopp could make them a challenger again...

Klopp = more charming Rodgers but with worse results.

As usual, next season is "their season" but I say that next season they will finish behind Arsenal, Chelsea, Leicester, Manchester x 2, Us, Southampton, Stoke, West Ham and perhaps other emerging clubs. That makes them mid table entertainers hoping for a good cup run (see tonight). And we should know, we had 20 years of that...

Klopp = more charming Rodgers but with worse results.

As usual, next season is "their season" but I say that next season they will finish behind Arsenal, Chelsea, Leicester, Manchester x 2, Us, Southampton, Stoke, West Ham and perhaps other emerging clubs. That makes them mid table entertainers hoping for a good cup run (see tonight). And we should know, we had 20 years of that...

Klopp may have had worse results so far, BUT he hasn't brought in any of HIS players and he has worked with the players bought by Rodgers/The Committee in the last summer random supermarket sweep.
Klopp is so much better tactically than Rodgers it's unreal..

Klopp may have had worse results so far, BUT he hasn't brought in any of HIS players and he has worked with the players bought by Rodgers/The Committee in the last summer random supermarket sweep.
Klopp is so much better tactically than Rodgers it's unreal..

Same ol', Same ol' with Liverpool. It is always the last managers fault.

How many of our first choice team are Pochettino's players? Toby? Alli? That is it. Everyone else was already here.

Klopp has a lot to prove at Liverpool. And I doubt he'll get anywhere near what BR achieved there. Or what Pochettino has already achieved here.

And tactically more astute? I see no evidence. Their defending is a joke. His tactics are "try really hard in the big games". As I say, they flatter to deceive.

Spurs are a good team but nothing amazing.

We drew them twice and outplayed them in our home game.

They got smashed by Dortmund, albeit with a weakened squad, while we went to Dortmund and were the better team. Ours is a year of transition while they were a more settled squad. They are reaping the rewards of having a good coach in his 2nd year at the club.

I imagine next year for LFC will be much better league points/position wise , and Spurs will also be up thereabouts. I would say Spurs and LFC both have a shot at the title next year.

I'm not convinced by these. And whilst they will add to their squad they won't be able to take the champions league as lightly as they took the Europa. Hence they will lose more games next season.

Sorry, but when it comes to the Spurs, I'm always a bit "meh" about their potential.
They're like Arsenal lite, in the sense that they'll have a bunch of exciting youth, mostly British, that tease glimpses of potential, and they're always a year away from surpassing people's expectation. But they'll always be the Spurs.

They've made the most of a season that has seen every contender shoot themselves in the foot. I certainly didn't notice any gulf in class, or execution, when they played us in the league home and away, and somehow they'll be a big threat next season and we're some way behind?

Not having that. They whimpered out of the Cup competitions this season, losing to Arsenal and Crystal Palace, both games at home. If you ask me, this is their peak. Next season teams are going to be far more prepared for them, and the players will be facing the pressure of expectation and living up to this season's standards.

Meh. Far too much Spurs hype in this thread. I remember the same hype a few seasons back when they seemed to find it easy beating us, and Bale was theirSuperstar. Then the hype of their transfers the following summer, and how Lamela was going to change the way we viewed football, and now it's Kane, Ali & Co, carrying the flag for English hype.

It is interesting how Leciester's season is being dismissed as an anomoly, but the Spurs' season is one of growth. The media will have you convinced that Leceister will drop down below the 8th position next season, unlike Spurs. Spurs apparently are the real deal, and the true threat to next season's title, and in some ways, they'll be unlucky not to win it this season. Meh.

My favourite from those RAWK quotes above is:

"I imagine next year for LFC will be much better league points/position wise ... and LFC have a shot at the title next year."

That should be in the dictionary as the definition of "blind faith".

Challenger for what? 7th place?

I'm not going to judge Klopp until he's had a season at Liverpool. Don't forget he didn't have a pre-season either.

There's no reason Liverpool can't improve on where they are right now.

Back