• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

U23s, Academy and Loanees

Aside from Kane, who any club might un-earth once in say 50 years type, we dont have many, or to my point above, no more than any PL club could reasonably expect to have
We have tanganga .. who we will sell
And Skipp who really could be anything (he didn’t look out of place in the CL)

Posted on the previous page, but yes, I not sure its that much of a loss is it? Our academy isn't exactly churning out talent. I mean, do we do any better than the average PL team in terms of young players who come out of the academy?
Our academy hasn’t had the budget to compete to recruit the best players but still produces some good players from within. The biggest issue (since Sherwood left really) has been pathway from youth football to men’s football. Dean Rastrick should have a part to play in this aspect.

Our current under 15 and 16 teams are considered very good, perhaps even the best in the country and Perkins (though unfortunately gone now) had brought in some decent young players from elsewhere for various under 19 age groups. We’re trying to get another one of the really good Chelsea youngsters right now.

I think the problem is the step from U18 to first team, U21 football doesn't work for me. Young players need to be playing against and with experienced players to complete their development not people at the same stage as themselves. Most teams in PL have massive squads of players with many never playing 90 minutes, they should be playing regularly with young players in a genuine reserve league, it will help youngster and give them games. It's difficult to come into the first team is you've only played 10/15 mins in 3 games over a month.

I think the problem is the step from U18 to first team, U21 football doesn't work for me. Young players need to be playing against and with experienced players to complete their development not people at the same stage as themselves. Most teams in PL have massive squads of players with many never playing 90 minutes, they should be playing regularly with young players in a genuine reserve league, it will help youngster and give them games. It's difficult to come into the first team is you've only played 10/15 mins in 3 games over a month.

They should split league 2 or the national league and add u21 prem teams to it. Proper competitive games against men playing for their mortgages. Might even get them better tv deals.

They should split league 2 or the national league and add u21 prem teams to it. Proper competitive games against men playing for their mortgages. Might even get them better tv deals.

Something on that level would be good but U21 should have some experienced players in the team to help them. Back in 60's our reserves regularly had players with international experience playing like Hollowbread, Hopkins, Henry, Marchi, Harmer, and Medwin.

Not sure lower league teams would agree to that

Back