• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

U23s, Academy and Loanees

Good win for Udinese yesterday.
Went down to 10 men just before half time.

AC Milan got it back to 1-1 with a pen, but Udinese came back to win 3-1...

Udogie got man of the match on the fotmob.

Sampdoria are somehow winning 2-0.
2 goals chalked off for offside and under pressure this half. Haven't seen much of winks.

Good win for Udinese yesterday.
Went down to 10 men just before half time.

AC Milan got it back to 1-1 with a pen, but Udinese came back to win 3-1...

Udogie got man of the match on the fotmob.

Sampdoria are somehow winning 2-0.
2 goals chalked off for offside and under pressure this half. Haven't seen much of winks.

Amazing talent we have in Udogie. Hope we sort out our brick before he gets here.

Been here for 12 years my mate said
That’s too long for any coach

Posted on the previous page, but yes, I not sure its that much of a loss is it? Our academy isn't exactly churning out talent. I mean, do we do any better than the average PL team in terms of young players who come out of the academy?

Posted on the previous page, but yes, I not sure its that much of a loss is it? Our academy isn't exactly churning out talent. I mean, do we do any better than the average PL team in terms of young players who come out of the academy?
No idea
There will be people who say it’s brick and others than won’t
We have players in the first team squad who have came in on his watch so it must be doing something right
But it can always do better I’m sure

I think we have plenty of ex youth players playing in the top few divisions in England, and some in Scotland to show we can produce good players.

I would question why we never seem to do well at youth level, and possibly don't develop players as much as we should .

I think our academy has produce some good players, Walker Peters, Rose, Mason, Winks, Townsend and Kane have all played for England, I can only think Chelsea who bought off nearly every young kid in Britain and United with there gentlemen's agreement with the FA to select anyone who gets in their team (including their ball boys) an England cap can beat us.

The recent crop seem to be doing well. 18's and 17's in the final of winning the prem?

I think we have plenty of ex youth players playing in the top few divisions in England, and some in Scotland to show we can produce good players.

I would question why we never seem to do well at youth level, and possibly don't develop players as much as we should .

See above

No idea
There will be people who say it’s brick and others than won’t
We have players in the first team squad who have came in on his watch so it must be doing something right
But it can always do better I’m sure

Aside from Kane, who any club might un-earth once in say 50 years type, we dont have many, or to my point above, no more than any PL club could reasonably expect to have

I believe the rationale of academy football is to develop players for the first team, winning a pot is nice but not a measure of success or failure. There are some very gifted young players at the club mostly in the younger groups.

Donley, Dorrington, Hall and Mundle all look promising and Mike Moore at 16 is exciting, there is an other young black lad in midfield but I cant remember his name he is very strong on the ball and drives forward with purpose.

I believe the rationale of academy football is to develop players for the first team, winning a pot is nice but not a measure of success or failure. There are some very gifted young players at the club mostly in the younger groups.

Donley, Dorrington, Hall and Mundle all look promising and Mike Moore at 16 is exciting, there is an other young black lad in midfield but I cant remember his name he is very strong on the ball and drives forward with purpose.

Ofcourse. But if they are winning pots indicates there are some good players in that squad. The utd beckham, neville, scholes butt team won pots. Chelsea won pots.

It's not the be all and end all but it's better than being brick.

I'm sure it would help with the clubs mentality if we could start winning cups thought the club.

It needs to start somewhere.

Jose did say we had some good youngsters coming through. He just wasn't impressed with the ones in the u21's when he was here

Ofcourse. But if they are winning pots indicates there are some good players in that squad. The utd beckham, neville, scholes butt team won pots. Chelsea won pots.

It's not the be all and end all but it's better than being brick.

That sums up all I dislike about modern football thinking and fans, not winning equals being brick, sad as people are missing out on so much. I seen so many great players who've not won something and teams that have played great football but not been able to get their hands on a trophy and enjoyed watching them.

I'm sure it would help with the clubs mentality if we could start winning cups thought the club.

It needs to start somewhere.

Jose did say we had some good youngsters coming through. He just wasn't impressed with the ones in the u21's when he was here

U21's have been weak for a couple of seasons, they've improved since Christmas with the inclusion of some of the younger players.

That sums up all I dislike about modern football thinking and fans, not winning equals being brick, sad as people are missing out on so much. I seen so many great players who've not won something and teams that have played great football but not been able to get their hands on a trophy and enjoyed watching them.

I have no idea what you are even talking about.

Back