• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer thread

I slikewise find this narrative that Reggie missed a sitter puzzling. The pass wasn't even meant for him, it was an overhit pass for Kane who was in the six yard box. Regiie then tried to catch the over hit pass and now gets castigated because he reacted and got close to something that wasn't even meant for him.

I get it, when we lose we look for people to blame but it wasn't even a tap in, the ball was past the box. Reggie actually did very well to get in front of the defender but he gets criticised instead. I find it all a bit strange.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk
We didn’t have any sitters
We barely created a shot all game

First of all the last "chance" for Reguilon wasn't a miss. He just thrown himself at the ball but the ball was to fast and he couldn't get there. He wasn't even în the box when Hojbjerg was beating Cucurella, I am looking at it right now, he just entered the box when PEH crossed. So the last one is not an indication of anything, just the fact that he can still get into goal scoring situations. He needs to get back into form as he was slightly injured, we can judge him further în the next few games.
As for Doherty in the same sentence with Arnold, Walker and James is not realistic. It doesnt matter what position RB or RWB they are simply better football players, a lot better. All of them go on to the attack and do it well, they don't just defend. That is why Walker costs 50m, 5 years ago and Doherty cost 15m last summer. Arnold is even better, he is TOP Assists în the Premier League with 12 and plays well all the time. He is miles of any WBs we have.
I never mentioned the chance against Brighton. He's missed loads of other chances. Kane has set him up several times in the last couple of months and he has missed every time. I don't expect him to score each of these chances but the amount he has missed is poor.

I didn't say Doherty is better than Walker, Arnold or James. They are far better. Re-read my post. He was at the time with Wolves the best RWB in the league. Look at his stats attacking wise for that time. Not many teams play with WBs but he was the standout one at the time. My original post was about how he has done it consistently as a RWB and not for just a few games as you wrongly state.

I never mentioned the chance against Brighton. He's missed loads of other chances. Kane has set him up several times in the last couple of months and he has missed every time. I don't expect him to score each of these chances but the amount he has missed is poor.

I didn't say Doherty is better than Walker, Arnold or James. They are far better. Re-read my post. He was at the time with Wolves the best RWB in the league. Look at his stats attacking wise for that time. Not many teams play with WBs but he was the standout one at the time. My original post was about how he has done it consistently as a RWB and not for just a few games as you wrongly state.

I think he actually has comparable stats to TAA this season if you factor in minutes played

Edit: just checked - he is assisting at exactly the same rate that best in the league TAA is and is scoring at 3 times the rate as him to boot. Obviously small sample size but there isn't really an argument to say he is way behind TAA atm wrt to attacking output - he's certainly way ahead of Regulion and the rest of our WB options in any case.

Last edited:
I think he actually has comparable stats to TAA this season if you factor in minutes played

Edit: just checked - he is assisting at exactly the same rate that best in the league TAA is and is scoring at 3 times the rate as him to boot. Obviously small sample size but there isn't really an argument to say he is way behind TAA atm wrt to attacking output - he's certainly way ahead of Regulion and the rest of our WB options in any case.
He was second to him too in his last season at wolves… playing in a team with only one real goal scorer

The brief was: how do you add more attacking intent down the flanks if we are faltering. I don’t think there is much doubt that Kulu and Moura teaming up along the right would ask more questions. Coordinated the two could compliment with Moura making runs to break defensive lines and be set free by Kulu or just make space for him.

As I said you’d most likely stick to plan A at this point in the season but you need a back up plan if we are nullified.

I appreciate your response and apologise if I was overly sarcastic. Openly I do feel a little triggered by this Kulu at RWB idea as I just don’t see it working but as always, if sharing a negative outlook on a potential solution i’d be happy to be proved wrong. As i’ve said before I’d be amazed if breaking up the front three to put one of them forwards in a wingback position works, when has that ever happened before? (Don’t say Moses as he wasn’t part of a successful front three).

Kulu at RWB and Moura would ask questions in both ways, in defence and attack. I’d be surprised to see Conte go with an out of the box thinking solution and we’ll most likely see Royal there until he’s injured; I just hope the lack of genuine options doesn’t cost us in the long run. For the insanely positive and the rest of us, hindsight is 20/20 but if we lose out on top four and people are saying “If only we hadnt lost Doherty”, it speaks volumes about our squad planning going in to the season despite our manager / formation change.

He was second to him too in his last season at wolves… playing in a team with only one real goal scorer
Well în that case we should focus on other areas of the field în the transfer window, because according to you guys we have one of the best RWB în the world. And I thought our best players are Kane and Son, didn't see our little Cafu over here.

Well în that case we should focus on other areas of the field în the transfer window, because according to you guys we have one of the best RWB în the world. And I thought our best players are Kane and Son, didn't see our little Cafu over here.
Well we need a LCB in case we lose the only one we have, and also a striker as again… we have only one
We also need a new back up keeper… Gaian we only have one keeper currently and a guy who is a Sunday league player
They are priorities
If we can get a quality RWB to add to Doherty then great

I don’t normally agree with your posts but appreciate what you’re getting at here in if it’s a bit overly hyperbolic in an ironic sense, any stats admirably comparing Doherty to TAA are just nonsense

Erm, this was from you stating that Reguillon was the best WB we have and others disagreeing and saying Doherty was. Nobody has said he's world class.
A top quality replacement for Emerson and one for Reguillon is needed. This would leave good cover from Doherty and Sessegnon.

Erm, this was from you stating that Reguillon was the best WB we have and others disagreeing and saying Doherty was. Nobody has said he's world class.
A top quality replacement for Emerson and one for Reguillon is needed. This would leave good cover from Doherty and Sessegnon.

plus, as we have seen, Doherty has the ability to cover either side.

He played well on the left once. The others he was terrible.

Has he played many on the left though? I can’t remember? I admit recency bias may be a factor here! In fact I’m convinced that only for that bastard Marty Cash it was only a matter of time before we saw Doherty steaming in from the left to smash home one of his own crosses from the right.

Changing LWB this summer is low priority. See how Sess develops and judge Reggie when on better form. If you sell players just due to an off-form period then squad turnover would be astronomical!!

Besides, we need to focus cash this summer on RWB, LCB, CM, back-up keeper, back-up CF....no money left for a LWB!

Changing LWB this summer is low priority. See how Sess develops and judge Reggie when on better form. If you sell players just due to an off-form period then squad turnover would be astronomical!!

Besides, we need to focus cash this summer on RWB, LCB, CM, back-up keeper, back-up CF....no money left for a LWB!
Agree with your general point. But wing backs are so crucial to Contes set up and an upgrade on both sides would make a massive difference to us, we will be a serious outfit with quality in that area. I can imagine Conte to be constantly frustrated by how we work positions to Reguilon and nothing comes of it. I think both WBs are bigger priorities than another CM…..

Agree with your general point. But wing backs are so crucial to Contes set up and an upgrade on both sides would make a massive difference to us, we will be a serious outfit with quality in that area. I can imagine Conte to be constantly frustrated by how we work positions to Reguilon and nothing comes of it. I think both WBs are bigger priorities than another CM…..
Agreed
CM in a conte system is a functional role
Wing backs is the creative role

Has he played many on the left though? I can’t remember? I admit recency bias may be a factor here! In fact I’m convinced that only for that bastard Marty Cash it was only a matter of time before we saw Doherty steaming in from the left to smash home one of his own crosses from the right.

Only a few. But apart from villa he wasn't good. (Not counting brighton as he was injured so early).

Back