• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer thread

Reguilon? Seriously?
Doherty did more in his one full game at LWB (his ‘wrong’ side) than Reguilon has done in his entire time at Spurs. He should be the first of the 4 out the door imo. People are dreaming of 40m for Reggie! We’d be lucky to get half that.
This is gas and revisionism. Reggie was very, very good at LB under Jose until his injury. One of the top 3 in the PL at the time. Better than Doherty has been in this short spell as WB. Was he able to return to his top level no, but to say that that Doherty was better in one game than Reggie's entire spell is total gas.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

This is gas and revisionism. Reggie was very, very good at LB under Jose until his injury. One of the top 3 in the PL at the time. Better than Doherty has been in this short spell as WB. Was he able to return to his top level no, but to say that that Doherty was better in one game than Reggie's entire spell is total gas.

Reggie looked very good on his debut when he contributed an assist and did a 50 yd sprint to make an interception. We thought he was the business. Feels like he’s been very underwhelming since then. He flatters to deceive imo.

Reggie looked very good on his debut when he contributed an assist and did a 50 yd sprint to make an interception. We thought he was the business. Feels like he’s been very underwhelming since then. He flatters to deceive imo.
That is a fair enough comment and I have no problem with it. Just so many people are forgetting his first season and his performances at LB. Yes 100% he now needs to play LWB, adapt to that role, be good at it and if he isn't up to it then we will need to find alternatives. But that doesn't mean he wasn't very good initially up to his injury and then decent when he returned but by then the entire squad had become Josed and no one looked particularly good.

That is a fair enough comment and I have no problem with it. Just so many people are forgetting his first season and his performances at LB. Yes 100% he now needs to play LWB, adapt to that role, be good at it and if he isn't up to it then we will need to find alternatives. But that doesn't mean he wasn't very good initially up to his injury and then decent when he returned but by then the entire squad had become Josed and no one looked particularly good.

Agree with a lot of that. Reggie is also off form at the moment - its like Davies is playing well this season but people on here were on his back last year when he wasnt.

Personally, I don't see that LWB is a position needing strengthening this summer given other priorities and the age/potential of Sess with Reggie as a more than adequate alternative when on form. I think we need to spend big on LCB, RWB, CM and get a back-up CF and back-up GK...and I'd expect that to more than use up the capital available to us. Even after that you could debate higher priorities than LWB - maybe a stronger back up CB, or replacing Moura etc?

Therefore we should see how Sess progress and Reggie bounces back. If Real force our hand and exercise their right, then there's not much we can do

Emerson was better than Doherty when we were playing a back 4. Since the change to a back 3 and Doherty got a run of games he has been by far the best WB we have.
He's also proved it at Wolves where he was the best RWB in the league during his time there.

Reguillon has never come close to those performances. His crossing is hit and miss (better than Emersons). He gets himself into goal scoring positions but never takes them, whereas Doherty gets into them and scores (same amount of goals in far less games). If finishing can be trained then why aren't there more top quality strikers? He's 24 and still looks like a rabbit caught in the headlights when he gets into the box.
Of course finishing can be improved through training, have you ever seen a training session? Coaches do finishing training all the time. Now sure Reguilon is not going to turn into a world class finisher, but he can clearly improve. As for Doherty he played very poor a lot under Conte's 3 at the back. He only started to play well în recent games and as always, if you get 2 or 3 good games people on this forum make you out to be world class. They forget how you couldn't even stop the ball properly 2 months ago.

Agree with a lot of that. Reggie is also off form at the moment - its like Davies is playing well this season but people on here were on his back last year when he wasnt.

Personally, I don't see that LWB is a position needing strengthening this summer given other priorities and the age/potential of Sess with Reggie as a more than adequate alternative when on form. I think we need to spend big on LCB, RWB, CM and get a back-up CF and back-up GK...and I'd expect that to more than use up the capital available to us. Even after that you could debate higher priorities than LWB - maybe a stronger back up CB, or replacing Moura etc?

Therefore we should see how Sess progress and Reggie bounces back. If Real force our hand and exercise their right, then there's not much we can do
Davies wasn’t playing well at left back.. he isn’t playing left back currently
Reggie hasn’t played many good games at LWB

Of course finishing can be improved through training, have you ever seen a training session? Coaches do finishing training all the time. Now sure Reguilon is not going to turn into a world class finisher, but he can clearly improve. As for Doherty he played very poor a lot under Conte's 3 at the back. He only started to play well în recent games and as always, if you get 2 or 3 good games people on this forum make you out to be world class. They forget how you couldn't even stop the ball properly 2 months ago.
Sorry but your wrong
I mean your factually wrong
Look at the actual games he played RWB (not right back or left wing back) with the first team. It’s very interesting reading

Oh yeah Moura really killed it when he came on today, we should start Kulu out of position as an inverted wing back where he’ll definitely prosper and put Lucas as one of our starting forwards against those awful obstinate teams that don’t cater to our evident footballing needs*

*Disclaimer - This post is entirely ironic despite the lack of emojis

Editing post (still ironically) - Lets get Royale at RCB while we’re at it, let’s actively try to draw blood from our eyes while watching Spurs play!

The brief was: how do you add more attacking intent down the flanks if we are faltering. I don’t think there is much doubt that Kulu and Moura teaming up along the right would ask more questions. Coordinated the two could compliment with Moura making runs to break defensive lines and be set free by Kulu or just make space for him.

As I said you’d most likely stick to plan A at this point in the season but you need a back up plan if we are nullified.

The brief was: how do you add more attacking intent down the flanks if we are faltering. I don’t think there is much doubt that Kulu and Moura teaming up along the right would ask more questions. Coordinated the two could compliment with Moura making runs to break defensive lines and be set free by Kulu or just make space for him.

As I said you’d most likely stick to plan A at this point in the season but you need a back up plan if we are nullified.
Moura would just run in any direction other than the one planned

A better idea would be to move Kulu infield and drop one of the CBs and move to a back 4. We'd be adding creativity and control in the area that was suffering as well as adding additional attacking numbers without specifically weakening the defense.

A better idea would be to move Kulu infield and drop one of the CBs and move to a back 4. We'd be adding creativity and control in the area that was suffering as well as adding additional attacking numbers without specifically weakening the defense.

Honestly thought that was the sub to make yesterday
take off Reg and go 4-3-3… with Bergeron on the right and Kulu in the middle 3

Last edited:
Sorry but your wrong
I mean your factually wrong
Look at the actual games he played RWB (not right back or left wing back) with the first team. It’s very interesting reading
Just because you say I am wrong doesnt mean I am wrong. I have seen all the matches under Conte. He was very poor until February, grew a bit of form and then got injured. Nothing less, nothing more.

Just because you say I am wrong doesnt mean I am wrong. I have seen all the matches under Conte. He was very poor until February, grew a bit of form and then got injured. Nothing less, nothing more.
Well your wrong based on the results with him at RWB
So it’s an opinion of yours
Unless of course we are a good enough side to carry a weak wing back (which judging in yesterday I’d argue we’re not)

Well your wrong based on the results with him at RWB
So it’s an opinion of yours
Unless of course we are a good enough side to carry a weak wing back (which judging in yesterday I’d argue we’re not)
Give me a break on our results with him on the field. All of our wins are because of Son, Harry, Lloris, Kulu. Players that decide the game, not Doherty. We beat Villa 4-0 without him. Wolves pummeled us at home with him on the field. He wasnt on the field because Conte, our world class manager, thought he wasnt good enough to be on the field. Chose Royal ahead of him and he was right to do so at the time.

Emerson was better than Doherty when we were playing a back 4. Since the change to a back 3 and Doherty got a run of games he has been by far the best WB we have.
He's also proved it at Wolves where he was the best RWB in the league during his time there.

Reguillon has never come close to those performances. His crossing is hit and miss (better than Emersons). He gets himself into goal scoring positions but never takes them, whereas Doherty gets into them and scores (same amount of goals in far less games). If finishing can be trained then why aren't there more top quality strikers? He's 24 and still looks like a rabbit caught in the headlights when he gets into the box.
Yeah because teams în the Premier League let "the best RWB în the league" leave for £15m. Walker, Arnold, James etc. are miles ahead of him.

It can be improved but not to the extent that he's going to be consistently taking those opportunities. We'd see some sort of indication at this stage if there was potential for an improvement

Yeah because teams în the Premier League let "the best RWB în the league" leave for £15m. Walker, Arnold, James etc. are miles ahead of him.
Only prob with that is only James plays RWB and when Doherty was at Wolves James was just starting to break into the Chelsea team.

It can be improved but not to the extent that he's going to be consistently taking those opportunities. We'd see some sort of indication at this stage if there was potential for an improvement

Only prob with that is only James plays RWB and when Doherty was at Wolves James was just starting to break into the Chelsea team.
First of all the last "chance" for Reguilon wasn't a miss. He just thrown himself at the ball but the ball was to fast and he couldn't get there. He wasn't even în the box when Hojbjerg was beating Cucurella, I am looking at it right now, he just entered the box when PEH crossed. So the last one is not an indication of anything, just the fact that he can still get into goal scoring situations. He needs to get back into form as he was slightly injured, we can judge him further în the next few games.
As for Doherty in the same sentence with Arnold, Walker and James is not realistic. It doesnt matter what position RB or RWB they are simply better football players, a lot better. All of them go on to the attack and do it well, they don't just defend. That is why Walker costs 50m, 5 years ago and Doherty cost 15m last summer. Arnold is even better, he is TOP Assists în the Premier League with 12 and plays well all the time. He is miles of any WBs we have.

First of all the last "chance" for Reguilon wasn't a miss. He just thrown himself at the ball but the ball was to fast and he couldn't get there. He wasn't even în the box when Hojbjerg was beating Cucurella, I am looking at it right now, he just entered the box when PEH crossed. So the last one is not an indication of anything, just the fact that he can still get into goal scoring situations. He needs to get back into form as he was slightly injured, we can judge him further în the next few games.
As for Doherty in the same sentence with Arnold, Walker and James is not realistic. It doesnt matter what position RB or RWB they are simply better football players, a lot better. All of them go on to the attack and do it well, they don't just defend. That is why Walker costs 50m, 5 years ago and Doherty cost 15m last summer. Arnold is even better, he is TOP Assists în the Premier League with 12 and plays well all the time. He is miles of any WBs we have.
I slikewise find this narrative that Reggie missed a sitter puzzling. The pass wasn't even meant for him, it was an overhit pass for Kane who was in the six yard box. Regiie then tried to catch the over hit pass and now gets castigated because he reacted and got close to something that wasn't even meant for him.

I get it, when we lose we look for people to blame but it wasn't even a tap in, the ball was past the box. Reggie actually did very well to get in front of the defender but he gets criticised instead. I find it all a bit strange.

Back