• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer thread

I'd say that Barella and Eriksen at Inter were creative rather than functional
But who played CM? Brozovic
He got his creativity from his wide player with Barella making the late runs but still only getting 3 goals
He also played 3-5-2 there which he has avoided here but that’s where eriksen came in and added that spark behind the front 2
Look at his Chelsea CM, it’s was matic and Kante. That’s more representative of his 3-4-3 set up

Well we need a LCB in case we lose the only one we have, and also a striker as again… we have only one
We also need a new back up keeper… Gaian we only have one keeper currently and a guy who is a Sunday league player
They are priorities
If we can get a quality RWB to add to Doherty then great
Maybe you guys can find some Davies stats that will make him a top CB în the league. Look at all those matches where we won 5-0, 4-0 with Davies în the squad. The numbers don't lie.

Maybe you guys can find some Davies stats that will make him a top CB în the league. Look at all those matches where we won 5-0, 4-0 with Davies în the squad. The numbers don't lie.
Lost me there?
Are you saying he is good or bad?
I mean I said we need an option there in case we lose him to injury. I’d prefer it to be an upgrade myself but Davies is massively key for us right now. And he okayed I. Those wins I think your referring too… even scored in a 5-1 win recently

Reactions: DTA
Lost me there?
Are you saying he is good or bad?
I mean I said we need an option there in case we lose him to injury. I’d prefer it to be an upgrade myself but Davies is massively key for us right now. And he okayed I. Those wins I think your referring too… even scored in a 5-1 win recently
Sure Davies has had a decent season, but he is far from being "massively key". Put a price tag of 15m and nobody would pay that, just like with Doherty. Davies is easily upgradable, even în height he is only 181cm, we need a taller LCB. He should be a bench player, a decent substitute for when our starting LCB is injured.

Sure Davies has had a decent season, but he is far from being "massively key". Put a price tag of 15m and nobody would pay that, just like with Doherty. Davies is easily upgradable, even în height he is only 181cm, we need a taller LCB. He should be a bench player, a decent substitute for when our starting LCB is injured.
He is massively key right now which is what most of us are talking about. We have no left footed centre back other than him and arguably he has been the pick of the 3 since we gone 3 at the back
We need another option but that can’t happen until the summer. It’s why it’s a priority for me, along with a new keeper, a striker (we only have Kane) and then we can look at wing backs and other areas

Reactions: DTA
Erm, this was from you stating that Reguillon was the best WB we have and others disagreeing and saying Doherty was. Nobody has said he's world class.
A top quality replacement for Emerson and one for Reguillon is needed. This would leave good cover from Doherty and Sessegnon.
Well TAA is world class and you liked the post where he was compared and was said îs even better than TAA because of "all" the goals he scored(2 goals în 32 matches while at the club). We didn't know, Conte included, that Doherty could have managed at least 12 assists himself if he only played him more. We had a TOP leading PL ASSISTS guy and he kept him on the bench. Probably when he saw the ball bouncing off of him like it touched a rock în November, December and January while Conte was at the club and the previous year too. That time blinded Conte în seeing this great wonder în our squad.

Last edited:
He is massively key right now which is what most of us are talking about. We have no left footed centre back other than him and arguably he has been the pick of the 3 since we gone 3 at the back
We need another option but that can’t happen until the summer. It’s why it’s a priority for me, along with a new keeper, a striker (we only have Kane) and then we can look at wing backs and other areas
He is playing because he is the only LCB în the squad and doing a decent job. Davies is certainly NOT the pick of the 3 at the back. He is the first that has to be put on the bench of the 3. Bring în someone like Bastoni and Davies will soon see just cup games against inferior opposition.

Davies has been a very respectable player and a solid citizen 'in the room' for Spurs since he joined. His game is more conservative than some free-wheeling backliners but all in all he has shown himself to be responsible in defending and judicious in attacking. And a very viable part of the current three-man CB set up Conte favours. Steady but not spectacular. He has limits and largely plays within them. There's no crime in that.

So when you speak of replacing him, it would be nice to read remarks that reflect a little respect for both the player and the person we have in our team. There seems to be this overwhelming urge to emphatically downplay a member of the team in order to gain the spurious achievement of winning an internet argument.

Well TAA is world class and you liked the post where he was compared and was said îs even better than TAA because of "all" the goals he scored(2 goals în 32 matches while at the club). We didn't know, Conte included, that Doherty could have managed at least 12 assists himself if he only played him more. We had a TOP leading PL ASSISTS guy and he kept him on the bench. Probably when he saw the ball bouncing off of him like it touched a rock în November, December and January while Conte was at the club and the previous year too. That time blinded Conte în seeing this great wonder în our squad.

You brought assist numbers in to the discussion as a way of showing how much better TAA is than Doherty, i then showed you that Doherty is actually producing at the same level this season. Someone else then said when at Wolves he outproduced TAA - your reaction to having your own argument turned on It's head says it all

Last edited:
He played well on the left once. The others he was terrible.

Disagree. He was fine as a LWB earlier as well, but we were poor as a team and him being "out of position" meant he was seen as the problem.

He's not a top class wing back, but right now I'd have him over any of our other WB options, either side. That unfortunately says more about our other options than him. But he's much more a solution than a problem. If we go into next season with him as one of two RWB options I'd be happy with that.

Changing LWB this summer is low priority. See how Sess develops and judge Reggie when on better form. If you sell players just due to an off-form period then squad turnover would be astronomical!!

Besides, we need to focus cash this summer on RWB, LCB, CM, back-up keeper, back-up CF....no money left for a LWB!
Both WBs are high priority for me as Conte's system relies so heavily on them. The way Reggie is playing is his level, not just poor form.
Also, Real are supposed to be interested in buying him back using the clause they have in his contract. If that happens we'll definitely
need a new LWB.

Maybe read what's being said. You stated Reggie is the best WB we have and Doherty has only played well in a handful of games. Everyone else gave evidence that Doherty has performed at a higher level as a WB as far back as his time with Wolves. Nobody has said he's the best WB in the world or better than TAA. You want to judge him when he was playing poorly at RB, not what he has done consistently at RWB over a number of years at different clubs.

We need another RWB that is obvious. And Doherty has earned the right to stay and fight to be first choice.

Due to other priorities, LWB we will probably (and reasonably) have to roll with Sess and Reg. There is still potential in both (especially Sess). That said, if RM want to buy back Reg for €40m then I'd snap their hand off, and happily roll they dice and use some of that for a new man.

Well în that case we should focus on other areas of the field în the transfer window, because according to you guys we have one of the best RWB în the world. And I thought our best players are Kane and Son, didn't see our little Cafu over here.

Seems fairly easy to argue against Doherty being one of the best wing backs in the world. So easy it almost seems surprising that many people would hold that particular opinion...

At least the straw man loses another argument.

Seems fairly easy to argue against Doherty being one of the best wing backs in the world. So easy it almost seems surprising that many people would hold that particular opinion...

At least the straw man loses another argument.
Hey I was ready to only bring in Reguilon vs Doherty, but if they were willing to debate me on him vs TAA, who am I to say no? They're just handing me their lunch money.

Maybe read what's being said. You stated Reggie is the best WB we have and Doherty has only played well in a handful of games. Everyone else gave evidence that Doherty has performed at a higher level as a WB as far back as his time with Wolves. Nobody has said he's the best WB in the world or better than TAA. You want to judge him when he was playing poorly at RB, not what he has done consistently at RWB over a number of years at different clubs.
I have said more than one occassion, he was brick în November, December, January. Those are the first 3 months of Conte and the RWB role. He has played 1,5 months of good football and you want to take that just 1,5 months out of his entire 1 year and 8 months at the club and then compare that to TAA. A comparison în which he still loses by the way, has less assists per game. He has been a reserve to Aurier and Royal many times, cost 15m and you compare him with TAA. Look I am happy he finally turned up, it was about time but sorry I am not ready to forget 1y6m of poor play because he played well 2m.

Last edited:
I have said more than one occassion, he was brick în November, December, January. Those are the first 3 months of Conte and the RWB role. He has played 1,5 months of good football and you want to take that just 1,5 months out of his entire 1 year and 8 months at the club and then compare that to TAA. A comparison în which he still loses by the way, has less assists per game. He has been a reserve to Aurier and Royal many times, cost 15m and you compare him with TAA. Look I am happy he finally turned up, it was about time but sorry I am not ready to forget 1y6m of poor play because he played well 2m.
No, you compared him to TAA , others were in reply to that (if you could be bothered to read what was actually written I said TAA is way better). He played 3 times (twice at LB) before the start of the year under Conte and that was for a total of less than 90 mins. He only started getting game time at RWB late January and has played well since then.

I give up, no point in continuing this as you are coming out with blatant lies about what others have said and even the games that Doherty has played.

Back