• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer thread

My point wasn’t about what we want (although I would have taken both Eriksen and Paqueta - they are more creative than what we have in that area of the pitch), it’s the fact that other clubs are acquiring top players and we haven’t really ‘won’ the window as some were claiming….

I don't know about 'winning the window' comments, but who knows we may have had to wait a lot longer to secure a 'top' player, whereas Conte's main requirement seemed to be to have most of our acquisitions completed in time for the pre-season games. So maybe there was a balance to be struck between getting players Conte was happy with, early vs waiting to see who else was 'gettable' later on.

These numbers are crazy. 70/80 Fofana. 50/60 Gordon.

When a team seemingly has unlimited money it blows the whole concept of value out of the window. There is no fail/loss consequence. If these transfers don’t work, they will just move on with the next ones. It’s a wonder anyone expects us to compete in the market with the likes of Chelsea and Man Utd.

I put City and Liverpool slightly behind those 2 purposely as I think their business is a touch more strategic - albeit still spending chunks.
Chelsea are getting the fans onside....they'll be returning to a normalish model soon. The RA days are over.

Last edited:
Joking aside I think we should do it.

It could be the difference between us winning a trophy or not. I could see him taking us all the way to winning the CL tbh.

Sign for Juventus. Allegri, Sarri and Pirlo all get the sack year by year.

Sign for United. Solskjaer gets the sack.

It's almost like signing him is a curse. Now, I don't actually believe in curses. But I do believe in football clubs signing players that fit into the system of play. Current state Ronaldo fits well as a poacher/finisher expected to do little else. Only problem being that there's hardly any roles like that anymore.

If he would accept reasonable wages, mainly a role as a sub and backup and wanted to work hard for the team, sure. I don't think he would ever accept that.

He would cause a lot more problems than he would fix. I would guess he would be a liability, not get on with Conte and risk ruining the good mood and belief in the squad in the process.

There's hardly a player we have been even vaguely linked to I would be less optimistic about. I'd sign Traore twice before going anywhere near him.

Sign for Juventus. Allegri, Sarri and Pirlo all get the sack year by year.

Sign for United. Solskjaer gets the sack.

It's almost like signing him is a curse. Now, I don't actually believe in curses. But I do believe in football clubs signing players that fit into the system of play. Current state Ronaldo fits well as a poacher/finisher expected to do little else. Only problem being that there's hardly any roles like that anymore.

If he would accept reasonable wages, mainly a role as a sub and backup and wanted to work hard for the team, sure. I don't think he would ever accept that.

He would cause a lot more problems than he would fix. I would guess he would be a liability, not get on with Conte and risk ruining the good mood and belief in the squad in the process.

There's hardly a player we have been even vaguely linked to I would be less optimistic about. I'd sign Traore twice before going anywhere near him.

I think he could be an alternative RWF to Kulusevski. If he was a trouble maker then no thanks but if he came in and behaved and integrated nicely into the squad then he could really elevate us and the mentality.

Could be the final piece of our new clams attitude currently led by Romero and Richarlison.

Your last sentence is utterly absurd but that is just my opinion of your opinion which you are entitled to!

Don't think we'll bring any more in now - it's just desperate clubs left trying to shift crap players. We've gone early and smart instead

Don't think we'll bring any more in now - it's just desperate clubs left trying to shift crap players. We've gone early and smart instead

Conte has said if anyone goes (not including winks and reguillon) they have to be replaced. Gil is allegedly flying to valencia. He's been on the bench the last couple of games.

Conte has said if anyone goes (not including winks and reguillon) they have to be replaced. Gil is allegedly flying to valencia. He's been on the bench the last couple of games.

If Gil leaves, we could move Moura back to WF and promote Spence or Doherty to second RWB

If Gil leaves, we could move Moura back to WF and promote Spence or Doherty to second RWB

We could do a lot of things. But in his interviews he has specifically said. If anyone leaves they have to be replaced. (Obviously the players left out of preseason not included). He's said it more than once now.

https://www.tribalfootball.com/arti...nte-if-gil-leaves-we-need-replacement-4426357

Conte said, "I was very clear in the press conference before this game. This squad is this and if someone goes away then another has to come. This has to be very clear for everybody. Otherwise we stay with this squad and we continue our path with these players, this squad.

"But if someone has to go away, along another must come. This is very clear for me, for the club, but we are totally agreed on this aspect.

"This is not my task. About the transfer market you have to speak to the club. I think we have to respect their role."

Back