• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer thread

His contract expires next summer. Now palace may feel he's worth more keeping a year then letting him go on a free than getting £20-30m now. Don't know.

Yeh last year, not sure there's a +1 for Palace to extend either.

Also wonder if he may want to run it down, get bigger wage / signing fee and have the pick of a club where he may not have to compete with the likes of Son/Kulu/Richarlison to get a game...

I would say, at 25/30m he would be quite good to get in, whether Parrish would do the deal at that price remains to be seen (doubt it) and there doesn't seem to be much talk of his future even with 1 year left, maybe it's just a big clear fudge OFF from Palace.

And West Ham getting Paqueta. People were talking as if we had the best window not long ago, it has been decent but nothing more. Plenty of clubs are getting some real quality in….

And West Ham getting Paqueta. People were talking as if we had the best window not long ago, it has been decent but nothing more. Plenty of clubs are getting some real quality in….

I think if we are getting in the targets that our elite level manager wants then we shouldn't really worry about what business others are doing.

Really?? Where are you seeing this??

Ornstein reporting I believe.

I think if we are getting in the targets that our elite level manager wants then we shouldn't really worry about what business others are doing.
It’s all well and good saying that, but it’s not as if we got all our first choices here. Lenglet? Spence etc? We’ve had a decent window and more balanced squad than we started with. But haven’t really made any game changer signings, and with our lack of creativity still the likes of Paqueta and Eriksen would have been welcome instead of going to rival PL teams. Man U and Chelsea haven’t stopped spending, I don’t think it’s been an amazing window, or a bad one - but let’s see if we do anything in the final week…..

It’s all well and good saying that, but it’s not as if we got all our first choices here. Lenglet? Spence etc? We’ve had a decent window and more balanced squad than we started with. But haven’t really made any game changer signings, and with our lack of creativity still the likes of Paqueta and Eriksen would have been welcome instead of going to rival PL teams. Man U and Chelsea haven’t stopped spending, I don’t think it’s been an amazing window, or a bad one - but let’s see if we do anything in the final week…..

Interesting point regarding 'real game changers' ....
Apart from Bastoni, who do you think Conte/Paratici have targeted unsuccessfully that could be in that bracket?

Interesting point regarding 'real game changers' ....
Apart from Bastoni, who do you think Conte/Paratici have targeted unsuccessfully that could be in that bracket?
I don’t pay too much attention to links, I’m sure there’s plenty who havent caught attention of the media that Conte would have wanted - but Pau Torres I would put in the Bastoni category.

But I’m not necessarily talking about superstar names, just players who would elevate the team. Bissouma and Richarlison I think will prove very good signings, as will Spence if Conte wanted him. But I’m not getting a real ‘wow, this window has been brilliant’ vibe. I get it’s a gradual process, but whilst we got our main business done early others have certainly caught up since…..

Now Zaniolo is looking less likely I see us being linked with dan james and traore.

Meanwhile CR7 is being linked quite heavily to Marseille.

Seems crazy but we should do it. The global fan fare would go some way to covering the wages!

Conte knows all about eriksen. If he'd have wanted him we'd have made an offer at least. Paqueta has been available all window.

Think as fans we need to stop thinking what we want is what conte and paratici want.

Now Zaniolo is looking less likely I see us being linked with dan james and traore.

Meanwhile CR7 is being linked quite heavily to Marseille.

Seems crazy but we should do it. The global fan fare would go some way to covering the wages!

We've already been linked with dan james and traore.

Conte knows all about eriksen. If he'd have wanted him we'd have made an offer at least. Paqueta has been available all window.

Think as fans we need to stop thinking what we want is what conte and paratici want.
My point wasn’t about what we want (although I would have taken both Eriksen and Paqueta - they are more creative than what we have in that area of the pitch), it’s the fact that other clubs are acquiring top players and we haven’t really ‘won’ the window as some were claiming….

My point wasn’t about what we want (although I would have taken both Eriksen and Paqueta - they are more creative than what we have in that area of the pitch), it’s the fact that other clubs are acquiring top players and we haven’t really ‘won’ the window as some were claiming….

Who "won" the window will only be decided at the end of the season. Not even then for some players. For the moment it looks like we've improved. 7 players in, maybe even more. We have a solid squad with strength in depth. A far cry from last summer.

Last edited:

Both were available
Neither will be playing CL this season

Back