• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Thread

Mods - is it time for a poll on who GGers would like to see join in Jan?

For me it has to be a CF as cover for Kane. The only position ( apart from GK!!) we don't have real like for like cover.

Austin and Dembele would be my preference. And if we were only allowed one Chrimbo pressie it would have to be Dembele who seems to most fit the bill.
Another strong midfielder who can defend and score would be my choice because although we have Dembele playing so well he could get injured...who else have we got in this position?

Tottenham will have to pay £14million if they wish to sign Gent striker Laurent Depoitre, according to reports.

Although Harry Kane has rediscovered his goal-scoring form, Spurs could still do with another out-and-out striker to support him, and appear to have set their sights on Depoitre.

According to Belgian paper Het Nieuwsblad, Spurs have a concrete interest in the 26-year-old, who is valued at £14m by his club.

Gent are reportedly willing to sell the Belgian in the summer if he does not extend his contract beyond its current expiry point, which is in the summer of 2017.

Lyon are also believed to have enquired about the player after impressing against the French side in the Champions League, but are understood to have been put off by his valuation.

http://metro.co.uk/2015/11/26/totte...gent-striker-laurent-depoitre-report-5527777/

I think it's fair to say most people would be on board if we did sign him/were actually interested as our recent business has been very good - but at this stage it's all rumour and from the outside he doesn't look a player we would be interested in or would fit in to the managers plans so I think it's more a case of dismissing the rumours
I haven't seen much of Pato to properly assess,but I agree I'd bet it's more likely to be rumours than us genuinely interested...

If Pato is only half as good now as he was in his first seasons in Italy, it's a big yes from me! With a bit of coaching by Poch I think he could be a very good player for us. Big big gamble though. That said, I'd rather have Negredo. Big, strong and fairly quick and able to do things on his own.

Record-chasing Leicester striker is one of several frontmen on the radar while Jose Mourinho admires Spurs midfielder he'll see close up this weekend

Chelsea are ready to splash £40million in January bids for Jamie Vardy and Mousa Dembele.

Jose Mourinho’s champions have had a shambolic start to their title defence.

And they have lined up the Spurs midfielder and Leicester’s red-hot striker as targets for the looming winter transfer window.

The Stamford Bridge boss believes £20m-rated Dembele would give his ailing champions a desperately-needed mid-season boost and believes the club should make an offer.

Dembele has been in outstanding form for Mauricio Pochettino’s team in recent weeks but Spurs had been willing to sell the player last summer and his long-term future remains uncertain.

And Mourinho will get another close look at him on Sunday when the two teams meet at White Hart Lane.

As revealed in Mirror Sport earlier this month, Spurs are opening talks over a new deal to replace Dembele’s current contract which expires in 18 months.

But he is likely to keep his powder dry with Chelsea and Stoke City both holding a keen interest in him.

Vardy, the division’s top marksman this season, will try to break Ruud van Nistelrooy’s Premier League record of scoring in 10 games in a row when Leicester take on Manchester United on Saturday night.

Chelsea have Vardy - the Premier League’s leading scorer with 13 - among their strikers under consideration for a January move as they seek to solve their problems in front of goal, with Diego Costa having found the target just four times this season.

They have been impressed by Vardy’s work rate but are examining other elements of his game, including whether he could cope with the pressure of performing in their star-studded squad.

That Vardy is being watched by Chelsea at all caps a remarkable rise for the striker who was playing non-league football just four years ago.

But Leicester boss Claudio Ranieri has told Vardy he can win trophies with Leicester and become the club’s new “king”.

Ranieri said: “If you go to a big team and stay on the bench, do you feel good or not?

"Now they are the kings here. In another side would they be the king or something else?

“That is important. I want ambitious men but it is also important they understand where Leicester is going.

"I think we are building a very good construction.

“I understand if somebody wants to go but I believe in the next years Leicester, slowly, slowly, can grow up and battle at the top.”

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/chelsea-eye-transfer-raids-jamie-6908119

Weaken their rivals. Predictable as always.

Yes I know it probably no more than click bait but in the spirit of the article - Jose can do one. Why the fudge would we sell them one of our best players this season to give them a leg up?

Yes I know it probably no more than click bait but in the spirit of the article - Jose can do one. Why the fudge would we sell them one of our best players this season to give them a leg up?

Because Levy won't let players get into the final 12 months of their contracts (devil's advocate)?

Another strong midfielder who can defend and score would be my choice because although we have Dembele playing so well he could get injured...who else have we got in this position?

Bentaleb, Mason and Alli? I suppose another wouldn't hurt (and could be where those pipe-dreams of Axel Witsel in January are arising from), but the priority is backup for Kane, within a neutral net spend.

Bentaleb, Mason and Alli? I suppose another wouldn't hurt (and could be where those pipe-dreams of Axel Witsel in January are arising from), but the priority is backup for Kane, within a neutral net spend.

Witsel isn't as good as any of our 4 current CMs IMO.

And coming from Russia he'd be on enormous wages.

Well, let's agree to disagree on that. I think he's better than any of our midfielders save for Dembele on current form. Alli and Bentaleb could probably grow into superior players, but they're not as good as him at the moment.

However, I do agree that his wages will likely be a tad too high for us to consider him a realistic target, and that we won't be willing to spend the money required to bring him in come January.

That's an incredibly brave statement and I don't think many people would agree with you. HOWEVER, I wouldn't sign him as Dier, Alli, Mason and Bentaleb are all top-half PL standard as they stand today, are young so should still improve and don't need a big-money signing coming in and blocking their development. Until it becomes clear that one of our CMs is unlikely to be good enough then I wouldn't sign a CM at all

Whilst we don't usually do much in jan, I do think there is a chance of us making a reasonably big name signing. Poch made some comments recently about how Spurs are attractive for young players AND big name signings....the last bit was odd to add on and stress if he didn't have something in mind

Perhaps part of the attraction for Pato is that he is a good level striker AND his team are wanting to let him go. At the moment, do you really think that any club will sell their striker to us for cheap? All clubs must realise that we are desperate for a new striker and so they'll likely bump up their asking prices when we come knocking. So, the next step is to look for a good striker who will be moving clubs, and Pato may fit this criteria. That's if we are really after him.

Having a laugh aren't they? With the form Moussa has been in this season they would have to pay £40m for him on his own.

Having a laugh aren't they? With the form Moussa has been in this season they would have to pay £40m for him on his own.

They're having a laugh thinking that Dembele would want to lower himself by playing for those clowns.

I appreciate that the transfer story is about a proposed bid but, why bid if the player has zero interest? I remember someone on here discussing how much it actually cost to make a bid and well, it wasn't as cheap, to make a bid, as you'd think it would be.

Well, let's agree to disagree on that. I think he's better than any of our midfielders save for Dembele on current form. Alli and Bentaleb could probably grow into superior players, but they're not as good as him at the moment.

However, I do agree that his wages will likely be a tad too high for us to consider him a realistic target, and that we won't be willing to spend the money required to bring him in come January.

GB is probably overstating the case for our younger players. But the idea that Alli and Bentaleb can grow into superior players is key here. They won't do so by not getting game time.

Giving game time and trusting our younger players is paying off big time. This isn't the time to stop.

Arsenal and Tottenham look set to miss out on Partizan Belgrade starlet Andrija Zivkovic.

Reports in Spain forward claim the Serbian has been in contact with Atletico Madrid and a January move has been discussed.

Both north London clubs retain an interest in the 19-year-old, who starred in Serbia's triumphant Under-20 World Cup campaign earlier this year, but Atletico are now in the most advanced position to capture him.

According to AS, Partizan may cash in on Zivkovic in January with his contract due to expire at the end of the season.

Zivkovic is the youngest player to feature for the Serbian national team and has been labelled the 'Serbian Lionel Messi'.

http://talksport.com/football/arsen...let-andrija-zivkovic-prepares-atletico-madrid

Back