• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Thread

Mate and I were saying we think Berahino will come to us in Jan with Townsend and cash the other way. Mate pointed out Baggies look like they're learning to play without Berahino. We both think he will be back in next week.

Mate and I were saying we think Berahino will come to us in Jan with Townsend and cash the other way. Mate pointed out Baggies look like they're learning to play without Berahino. We both think he will be back in next week.

I think you and your friend are on to something there. I have been wondering why he has not been playing and I think Townsend would do very well for them.

I posted this in the premier league thread but it's probably more relevant here.

So west brom played one up top today, berahnio on the bench with two other strikers, think Peace made a huge fudge up not biting our hands off for 20m on the last day, it was clear as day they didn't need, or pulis want, 4 strikers! Saido's value would have reduced massively now, running his contract down and not playing.

I posted this in the premier league thread but it's probably more relevant here.

So west brom played one up top today, berahnio on the bench with two other strikers, think Peace made a huge fudge up not biting our hands off for 20m on the last day, it was clear as day they didn't need, or pulis want, 4 strikers! Saido's value would have reduced massively now, running his contract down and not playing.
Not really... He started with just Rondon but they were awful so he brought on Lambert at half time and they were miles better, MotD2 did a feature on it

Pulis seemed to stockpile strikers at Stoke... Though not many that were like Berahino I suppose...

Kind of worrying that Berahino as a wide player isn't getting game time for WBA. They have decent, but far from great, wide players. For him to be a top target for us I would like to see him provide the kind of work rate that a wide player in a Pulis team is expected to put in. Perhaps slightly unfair as I don't know the overall situation there, but when I did see Berahino a bit for them under Pulis so far his work rate hasn't impressed me all that much.

Pulis seemed to stockpile strikers at Stoke... Though not many that were like Berahino I suppose...

Kind of worrying that Berahino as a wide player isn't getting game time for WBA. They have decent, but far from great, wide players. For him to be a top target for us I would like to see him provide the kind of work rate that a wide player in a Pulis team is expected to put in. Perhaps slightly unfair as I don't know the overall situation there, but when I did see Berahino a bit for them under Pulis so far his work rate hasn't impressed me all that much.

I think you have a point. However we should not lose sight of the fact that the kid doesn't want to play for them and feels cheated. If Poch wants him, then I'd trust him to get the best out of him, but I have to say I have seen Berahino a couple of times this season and have not been impressed. Could have been a lucky escape! I'd imagine the emergence of Vardy has also put pressure on him as he is nowhere near an England place.

I think you have a point. However we should not lose sight of the fact that the kid doesn't want to play for them and feels cheated. If Poch wants him, then I'd trust him to get the best out of him, but I have to say I have seen Berahino a couple of times this season and have not been impressed. Could have been a lucky escape! I'd imagine the emergence of Vardy has also put pressure on him as he is nowhere near an England place.

Agree that if Pochettino wants him and thinks he can mould him into the player we need then go for it! Our competence in the summer transfer window seems obvious.

I'm just not convinced that he actually is as much of a prime target as some seem to think.

Agree that if Pochettino wants him and thinks he can mould him into the player we need then go for it! Our competence in the summer transfer window seems obvious.

I'm just not convinced that he actually is as much of a prime target as some seem to think.

I agree with that. I would imagine that any negotiation would be very difficult as well although I liked the swap with Townsend idea. They could still want Fazio as well. It would be nice to see them not be able to flog Berahino for anywhere near their asking price and for him to just run down his contract. Sure they will get a tribunal fee, but it won't be anywhere near what they were asking for.

BTW does anyone know what happened with Ings' tribunal fee? Does it normally take this long?

I agree with that. I would imagine that any negotiation would be very difficult as well although I liked the swap with Townsend idea. They could still want Fazio as well. It would be nice to see them not be able to flog Berahino for anywhere near their asking price and for him to just run down his contract. Sure they will get a tribunal fee, but it won't be anywhere near what they were asking for.

BTW does anyone know what happened with Ings' tribunal fee? Does it normally take this long?

I think it has finally been decided that the two clubs can't agree and they've been asked to submit their cases.

Yeah I read somewhere if Burnley could prove we bid for Ings then they'd get £10m plus?

Regarding Berahino Im not convinced we will be back in for him - We went for him before we got Son, as has been previously mentioned we have so many similar types to him do we really want or need another one? Surely we need someone who like Kane can play up top on his own, I don't think Berahino is that player....

Bordeaux star Henri Saivet was watched by a string of Premier League clubs asLiverpool made the last 32 of the Europa League.

Everton, Tottenham, Aston Villa, Swansea and Bournemouth were all represented at Anfield on Thursday when Saivet scored a superb opener in his side’s 2-1 defeat.

The Senegal international, 25, has been converted into a central midfielder after being recognised as a winger or forward.

And the posse of scouts could not have failed to be impressed by Saivet, who will be available for £3.5million in the January transfer window.

Everton are long-time admirers, while Sunderland and Southampton are also among those who have shown interest in him in recent seasons.

Saivet has been hailed as the “new Thierry Henry” and reached Under-21 level with France before committing to his native Senegal.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/bordeaux-star-henri-saivet-watched-6918346

Not really... He started with just Rondon but they were awful so he brought on Lambert at half time and they were miles better, MotD2 did a feature on it

He started the season playing two strikers as well and they kept getting turned over so he reverted back to the system he knows and loves, I don't see him going 4-4-2 long term, they were getting battered so he had to change something that day.

Bordeaux star Henri Saivet was watched by a string of Premier League clubs asLiverpool made the last 32 of the Europa League.
I watched the match, he was good, really good. Busy, very good with the ball to his feet. We could do a lot worse IF we want a CM to push Dembe a bit up closer to Kane.

I watched the match, he was good, really good. Busy, very good with the ball to his feet. We could do a lot worse IF we want a CM to push Dembe a bit up closer to Kane.

We don't need another CM; signing another would block the development of our 4 young CMs. We just need a CF and (depending on what happens with Fazio, how you view Dier's long-term role and how long it might take CCV to playing at the top level) potentially a CB. The latter can wait til the summer though. A CF in Jan would be superb

We don't need another CM; signing another would block the development of our 4 young CMs. We just need a CF and (depending on what happens with Fazio, how you view Dier's long-term role and how long it might take CCV to playing at the top level) potentially a CB. The latter can wait til the summer though. A CF in Jan would be superb

A CF in January is critical

Know everyone is going to say "good players not available, etc, etc.), but we need a CF, unacceptable level of risk with only Kane.

Hence why I would pay for Austin (if our plan A didn't materialize), even with the likelihood of it being a dead investment, we need to view it almost as an insurance buy (and give players rest).

A CF in January is critical

Know everyone is going to say "good players not available, etc, etc.), but we need a CF, unacceptable level of risk with only Kane.

Hence why I would pay for Austin (if our plan A didn't materialize), even with the likelihood of it being a dead investment, we need to view it almost as an insurance buy (and give players rest).

Son looked good at CF against Qarabag and Njie played CF yesterday (not ideal for a pacy forward to play against bus parkers). Harrison got called up to the senior squad the other day and Coulthirst is back from his loan too

I think it's useful to have someone more Kane-like who can deputise for him, but we do have options.

Austin really isn't a good player. He's another Rasiak/Saha, with a very risky injury concern, whose price will drop £8m in 5 months (he'll be free in the summer).

Son looked good at CF against Qarabag and Njie played CF yesterday (not ideal for a pacy forward to play against bus parkers). Harrison got called up to the senior squad the other day and Coulthirst is back from his loan too

I think it's useful to have someone more Kane-like who can deputise for him, but we do have options.

Austin really isn't a good player. He's another Rasiak/Saha, with a very risky injury concern, whose price will drop £8m in 5 months (he'll be free in the summer).

Agree with it being expensive, but justifiable insurance in my opinion.

Disagree with Austin being Rasiak/Saha, the guy has a 1 in 2 goal scoring record (or better) for every club and at every level he has played, may not be pretty but he knows how to find the back of the net.

None of our options are likely to be that prolific (this season).

I'd be tempted to buy him, play him & Njie or him & Son in UEFA/FA cup until the semi's or better, as well as giving us the option to pull Kane 15 mins from end of games where we are leading comfortably.

If we don't buy someone, we will regret it ...

Back