• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Thread

Berahino is the sort of CF we should be after, and sort of player we would go for. He's versatile, young, English, would understand if Harry is ahead of him in the pecking order....
Is he any good though? I have only watched him a few times and mainly U21's and I am not convinced by him.

The problem with Austin, and Ba before him, is that with a pre-existing condition that causes them to fail medicals, the club won't be able to get insurance for them. Therefore if they do break down, that's £30-40m (with wages) that immediately has to be written off the books.

Note how only desperate/badly run clubs ever took a punt on Ba - Saudi Sportswashing Machine, West Ham and Chelsea.

The problem with Austin, and Ba before him, is that with a pre-existing condition that causes them to fail medicals, the club won't be able to get insurance for them. Therefore if they do break down, that's £30-40m (with wages) that immediately has to be written off the books.

Note how only desperate/badly run clubs ever took a punt on Ba - Saudi Sportswashing Machine, West Ham and Chel53a.

But Ba failed a medical at Stoke only IIRC and Austin failed a medical at Hull wasn't it?

Players fail medicals at one club and don't at others as each club asks different things

Note how only desperate/badly run clubs ever took a punt on Ba - Saudi Sportswashing Machine, West Ham and Chel53a.
I'm not sure it is (yet) fair to put Austin in the same bracket as Ba. Ba's knee problems were publicly known after having a pin inserted when starting his career in France after a double leg break and subsequently having to have that pin removed via an emergency procedure a few years later when playing for Hoffenheim in Germany, he then had further surgery to clear the knee up but (and this bit has never been proven/admitted) there are rumours that he suffers from holes in the articular cartilage and these tend to be degenerative. Ba failed medicals at both Stuttgart and Stoke (although somehow passed one at West Ham?) and was on a pay as you play deal at Saudi Sportswashing Machine.

Austin on the other hand has only failed one medical at Hull and had some (frankly disgraceful) comments made about him by Sullivan (that Austin strenuously denied). It may well be that he does have a knee problem, but equally he could be absolutely fine.

But Ba failed a medical at Stoke only IIRC and Austin failed a medical at Hull wasn't it?

Players fail medicals at one club and don't at others as each club asks different things

I think several clubs took Ba on with failed medicals and without insurance. It was a calculated risk by unsustainably run clubs.

We don't know if Austin's situation is identical, but he was seemingly given a wide berth over the summer. It wouldn't surprise me if a desperate Saudi Sportswashing Machine or Sunderland took him on in January, possibly without insurance.

I think several clubs took Ba on with failed medicals and without insurance. It was a calculated risk by unsustainably run clubs.

We don't know if Austin's situation is identical, but he was seemingly given a wide berth over the summer. It wouldn't surprise me if a desperate Saudi Sportswashing Machine or Sunderland took him on in January, possibly without insurance.
That doesn't really make sense. The medical that Austin failed at Hull would be confidential, if the contents were leaked the Austin's representatives would sue Hull City. Any club can bid for Austin and then (assuming the bid is accepted) carry out a medical and then pull out of the deal (or perhaps offer a lower fee in lieu of the problem).

The problem with Austin in the summer was the fact that QPR were not going to accept a penny less than £15 million (Saudi Sportswashing Machine had a £12 million offer rejected) also Austin's agents let it be known that he did not want to move up North, which limited his options somewhat.

I think it's reasonably likely that Austin will run his contract down and go on a free in the Summer. We'll then never know whether or not he does have an injury problem as if a medical did show up any problems then one assumes he would simply negotiate a deal that is heavily weighted on a pay as you play basis.

Corinthians lives in expectation of closing, at any time, selling Alexandre Pato to Tottenham, England. The entrepreneur striker, Giuliano Bertolucci, and Kia Joorabchian are in London, England, to define the details of the proposal to be made to Timon.

The expectation at Parque São Jorge is that Tottenham is willing to pay up to R $ 60 million for the business. Corinthians is left with only 60% of the value, as 40% of Duck economic rights belong to the attacker himself. That is, the transaction can earn R $ 36 million to the Sao Paulo club, which has invested around R $ 40 million in 2013.

Two other teams signaled with the possibility of making proposal by Duck: West Ham, England, and Barcelona. The deal with the British eventually discarded because it would not involve Kia - the Iranian relationship with the London club is terrible.

Since Barcelona should send an observer to Brazil to accompany the final two rounds of the Brasileirão. By contract, Pato was unable to face the Corinthians on Sunday (22).

http://www.diariosp.com.br/noticia/detalhe/88154/agente-vai-a-londres-para-vender-alexandre-pato

Liverpool deal off? :rolleyes:

That doesn't really make sense. The medical that Austin failed at Hull would be confidential, if the contents were leaked the Austin's representatives would sue Hull City. Any club can bid for Austin and then (assuming the bid is accepted) carry out a medical and then pull out of the deal (or perhaps offer a lower fee in lieu of the problem).

The problem with Austin in the summer was the fact that QPR were not going to accept a penny less than £15 million (Saudi Sportswashing Machine had a £12 million offer rejected) also Austin's agents let it be known that he did not want to move up North, which limited his options somewhat.

I think it's reasonably likely that Austin will run his contract down and go on a free in the Summer. We'll then never know whether or not he does have an injury problem as if a medical did show up any problems then one assumes he would simply negotiate a deal that is heavily weighted on a pay as you play basis.

I think this response is pretty much more or less on the money. Austin wasn't going to be sold by QPR for a penny less than £15m and no one was really likely to pay that for a relegated player. He might well go on a free but a bid of around half that money could see QPR saying that they would prefer to earn something rather than nothing and for a club with their finances, £7.5m is a big chunk of dough when 4 months down the line they get nothing. Either way, I think he would be an ideal signing, be it in January or the summer and would enhance our squad whilst making us less reliant on Kane.

Corinthians lives in expectation of closing, at any time, selling Alexandre Pato to Tottenham, England. The entrepreneur striker, Giuliano Bertolucci, and Kia Joorabchian are in London, England, to define the details of the proposal to be made to Timon.

The expectation at Parque São Jorge is that Tottenham is willing to pay up to R $ 60 million for the business. Corinthians is left with only 60% of the value, as 40% of Duck economic rights belong to the attacker himself. That is, the transaction can earn R $ 36 million to the Sao Paulo club, which has invested around R $ 40 million in 2013.

Two other teams signaled with the possibility of making proposal by Duck: West Ham, England, and Barcelona. The deal with the British eventually discarded because it would not involve Kia - the Iranian relationship with the London club is terrible.

Since Barcelona should send an observer to Brazil to accompany the final two rounds of the Brasileirão. By contract, Pato was unable to face the Corinthians on Sunday (22).

http://www.diariosp.com.br/noticia/detalhe/88154/agente-vai-a-londres-para-vender-alexandre-pato

Liverpool deal off? :rolleyes:

Really not sure on Pato, but I trust the club's judgment and if they decide that this is the way to go, he will have my full support.

I think this response is pretty much more or less on the money. Austin wasn't going to be sold by QPR for a penny less than £15m and no one was really likely to pay that for a relegated player. He might well go on a free but a bid of around half that money could see QPR saying that they would prefer to earn something rather than nothing and for a club with their finances, £7.5m is a big chunk of dough when 4 months down the line they get nothing. Either way, I think he would be an ideal signing, be it in January or the summer and would enhance our squad whilst making us less reliant on Kane.

Agree. I think Austin would be a great back up to Kane and will actually push Kane to be an even better striker. I'd trust our medical department to suss out whether his knee is a problem or not and there are plenty of examples of players who have failed medicals that have gone on to have successful careers.

Agree. I think Austin would be a great back up to Kane and will actually push Kane to be an even better striker. I'd trust our medical department to suss out whether his knee is a problem or not and there are plenty of examples of players who have failed medicals that have gone on to have successful careers.

I'd take Austin, short term, 8M or so .. would mitigate a lot of risk for season, and give us the option to rest Kane for certain games.

Not sure about Austin to be honest he as missed several games for QPR this season through injury. Not convinced there is not some truth about his injury problem.

£8m on a player who will be free 4 months later (and no compensation like in the cases of young players like Ings or Dembele)?
Agreed. I think the reason Austin is still at QPR this season is for this exact same reason. The player knows that he can earn big wages on a free transfer next Summer, yet the goals that he potentially offered QPR meant that they were not interested in a cut price deal as they really do need instant promotion. And every chairman out there knows the price for Austin next summer is £0. Hence everybody waits.

Dembele from Fulham is the one that could well be gettable this January. Still no new contract signed by him and the development fee that they would receive for him would be minimal as he hasn't been there for that much of his development. He's not really ready yet, but is worth buying now while the opportunity exists. Negredo is then the one we should loan in to give us proper cover for Kane. I think getting his large wages off the books for 6 months might also appeal to Valencia.

We should remember that we have Oduwa at Rangers on loan. Contract up at the end of the season but the lad is apparently learning well up there, so who knows?

Back