• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Thread

Mods - is it time for a poll on who GGers would like to see join in Jan?

For me it has to be a CF as cover for Kane. The only position ( apart from GK!!) we don't have real like for like cover.

Austin and Dembele would be my preference. And if we were only allowed one Chrimbo pressie it would have to be Dembele who seems to most fit the bill.

For me it has to be a CF as cover for Kane. The only position ( apart from GK!!) we don't have real like for like cover.

Austin and Dembele would be my preference. And if we were only allowed one Chrimbo pressie it would have to be Dembele who seems to most fit the bill.

Why don't you start a thread where people can post a wish list of players for January? We can pull it together into a poll and put it to the people.

Would you really want 2 bench warmers for Kane?

The only way I can see us signing two players is if we give Dembele a 6 month loan back to Fulham and bring in Negredo on loan to fill that gap.

What do people think of the Pato rumours?

I have not seen enough of him since he went back to Brazil to make an informed opinion on him, and my concern is that he is currently being hawked around Europe, and a part of me thinks if he were top notch that that would not be necessary

He's been scoring goals in Brazil, with a decent scoring rate compared to other strikers. I too am concerned by how much he is being hawked about but, I'm sure that Pochettino and his team will have considered whether signing Pato is viable. For me, I only hope that Pato has the right attitude. If not, we don't want to bring a bad apple in, even if he might score is goals. Our squad is as closely knit as I can remember for some time, let's not go changing that!

I have not seen enough of him since he went back to Brazil to make an informed opinion on him, and my concern is that he is currently being hawked around Europe, and a part of me thinks if he were top notch that that would not be necessary

I think a big motivation behind the hawking is financial on the part of the club that cannot afford to keep him

From what I have seen of him in the past I am not sure if he would be suited for the "pressing game"
IF we are in for him then it would be clear Mitchell and Poch believe that he is suited to the system, and that is good enough for me. I've never had such confidence in our recruitment, and I'd take their opinions over anybody's on here including my own....

Mitchell and Poch believe that he is suited to the system, and that is good enough for me. I've never had such confidence in our recruitment, and I'd take their opinions over anybody's on here including my own....

This a thousand times. Well said.

I think it's fair to say most people would be on board if we did sign him/were actually interested as our recent business has been very good - but at this stage it's all rumour and from the outside he doesn't look a player we would be interested in or would fit in to the managers plans so I think it's more a case of dismissing the rumours

So I guess the concensus is that if we sign him yippee, and if we don't, well then he is no loss.

I figure that seems reasonable

Agree. I think Austin would be a great back up to Kane and will actually push Kane to be an even better striker. I'd trust our medical department to suss out whether his knee is a problem or not and there are plenty of examples of players who have failed medicals that have gone on to have successful careers.
I think we will be going backwards if we sign him!

Back