• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Thread

wow, dembele a CM..i never would have thought it. considering he was a forward in holland

i take it back, i got that very wrong indeed

If there was an offer of ?ú50mill for Modric then I would take it + ?ú50mill from Levy and owners.

?ú17mill - Klaas Jan Huntelaar (Buyout Clause)
?ú17mill - Gisueppe Rossi
?ú30mill - Iker Munian
?ú36mill - Jose Mourinho

370880_Tottenham_Hotspur.jpg

wow, dembele a CM..i never would have thought it. considering he was a forward in holland

i take it back, i got that very wrong indeed

To be fair to you he started most games earlier this season as an attacking midfielder. Problem was (and is) that he doesn't score enough goals. I've only seen 1-2 games of him in central midfield, but he does a pretty good job there and his lack of goals isn't as much of a problem there.

Having watched Inler against Chelsea, and alot of the Napoli games the past 12 months or so, Inler could be an under the radar target with everyone going for Cavani and Lavezzi, perfect replacement for Modric.

If there was an offer of ?ú50mill for Modric then I would take it + ?ú50mill from Levy and owners.

?ú30mill - Iker Munian
?ú36mill - Jose Mourinho

Absolutely no creativity in central midfield and no real target-man to hit long balls to?

Hudd would have to be an absolute starter. Although I would probably also like us to go for someone like Sahin.

Having watched Inler against Chelsea, and alot of the Napoli games the past 12 months or so, Inler could be an under the radar target with everyone going for Cavani and Lavezzi, perfect replacement for Modric.

I was shocked when Napoli were able to pick him up relatively cheaply last season seemingly without any PL sides showing interest. I honestly think he would be a good signing for just about any top PL side with the possible exception of us who signed Parker instead and City, although City might still be improved by him.

To be fair to you he started most games earlier this season as an attacking midfielder. Problem was (and is) that he doesn't score enough goals. I've only seen 1-2 games of him in central midfield, but he does a pretty good job there and his lack of goals isn't as much of a problem there.

where would dembele have been playing when murphy was playing?

?ú30mill - Iker Munian
?ú36mill - Jose Mourinho

That team to me would suck donkey balls. Reasons being:

1) Rossi will not be able to create anything and is clearly best suited to playing upfront.

2) Sandro and parker as a cm partnership is not good unless they have a creative player like modric also there to form a midfield 3.

3) Huntelaar is not physically capable of playing the lone striker role in this league imo.

4) No thanks on a dawson kaboul partnership.

where would dembele have been playing when murphy was playing?

They're playing together in (what I assume is) a 2-man central midfield today, and are 2-0 up... Jol does play some attacking lineups these days! Front 6 of Murphy, Dembele, Duff, Ruiz, Dempsey and Pog!

Dembele would be an excellent understudy for Rafa next season. Doesn't have the defensive game for the Modric role though.

The only two players who could fill Modric's shoes IMO are Ever Banega and Javi Martinez.

I thought Dembele looked good defensively against United, but that was just one game.

?ú30mill - Iker Munian
?ú36mill - Jose Mourinho

You think Jose would play Dawson !!!

Some guy came in today and handed me a betting slip and asked for the price. Nothing out of the ordinary but when I looked at it it Said 'Tottenham Hotspur to sign T.Krul in the next transfer window' stake ?ú400.00.

I phoned through for a specials price but Will Hill odds compilers told me no prices could be given until 1.6.2012. Tried asking the guy what his source was but he didn't really understand me and at a guess I'd say he was Dutch.

Not ITK as you can tell but just passing on what happened. ?ú400 is a lot for that kind of bet if it's just a 'hunch'

Not happening. Krul is nothing special, same as Vorm, Al Habsi and this month Bogdan. They will look good on MOTD, but they're not the kind of keepers we should be focusing on.

Anyone read harry redknapps interview about modric this morning? Redknapp needs to learn when to keep his fudging mouth shut. Arghhh

Nothing new there, especially with regards to Modric who, remember, he suddenly decided to try and sell in the last week of the window except he forgot that Levy had said no 2 months earlier...

Manchester United have lined up a ?ú15m deal for PSV Eindhoven midfielder Kevin Strootman, who has been dubbed "the new Roy Keane".

Full story: Sunday Mirror

Tottenham are in pole position to land Argentinian defender Julian Velazquez in a ?ú4m summer transfer.

Full story: Metro

Liverpool are ready to make summer moves for Barcelona's young striker Cristian Tello, Crystal Palace winger Wilfried Zaha and Atletico Madrid defender Alvaro Dominguez.

Full story: Caughtoffside

Arsenal have clinched the signing of German striker Lukas Podolski for a fee of ?ú10m, with the 26-year-old agreeing a five-year contract at around ?ú80,000-a-week.

Emirates Marketing Project are ready to sanction the sale of Mario Balotelli this summer after manager Roberto Mancini finally lost patience with the striker during the 3-3 draw with Sunderland.

Full story: The Sunday Times (Subscription required)

Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp thinks his Swansea counterpart Brendan Rodgers should have a big role to play in the future of England's national team.

Full story: Sunday Telegraph

Sir Alex Ferguson plans to give Michael Owen, who has made six league starts in almost three years at Old Trafford, a pivotal role in Manchester United's title push.

Full story: Mail on Sunday

Liverpool defender Jamie Carragher says Kenny Dalglish deserves more patience in his rebuilding efforts at Liverpool.

Sir Alex Ferguson says Wayne Rooney can reach 40 goals before the end of the season. The Manchester United striker currently has 31 for club and country.

Full story: The Observer

Former Manchester United defender Paul McGrath claims Emirates Marketing Project could pay the price after getting '****y' when they were five points clear at the summit.

Emirates Marketing Project boss Roberto Mancini will stay at the club, and is booked in for talks over a lucrative new contract in the summer.

Full story: Sunday Express

Preston manager Graham Westley has accused four of his players of leaking sensitive team and tactical information to Sheffield Wednesday on the eve of the League One game between the sides which North End lost 2-0.

Roberto Mancini says he contemplated replacing unpredictable striker Mario Balotelli after just five minutes against Sunderland.

David Beckham, who played on loan for Preston before making it big at Manchester United, will pay tribute by video to North End legend Sir Tom Finney at his 90th birthday celebrations next week.

Sir Alex Ferguson plans to give Michael Owen, who has made six league starts in almost three years at Old Trafford, a pivotal role in Manchester United's title push.

I see April Fool's is in full force.

Back