• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Thread

Would really like to see us find a loan deal to the Premiership for Rose next season to someone wanting to play him as a left back.

Naughton back, possibly Verthongen in, should be enough cover for the left back next season.

A real lack of good left backs in the Premier League in my opinion, so shouldn't be impossible.

Does this logic apply to Messi aswell?

There are extremes and you sir have taken it to one of them.

My point is thus, if we didnt have Defoe for arguments sake and shopping for a premier league striker was like a price comparison website then Defoe for me would tick more boxes than Rossi. Even if Rossi scores in Spain with more flair and grace I would take Defoe because Defoe's record is more in keeping with our circumstances. His record is scorching hot in the Premier League/we play in the premier league

The same as if I was a supporter of a Spanish club I would take Rossi over Defoe because you know what you are going to get.

I suppose one of the things I do believe above and beyond the Rossi v Defoe debate......Defoe is totally under used by us as a team, in my opinion...

TRANSFER GOSSIP

Emirates Marketing Project's Abu Dhabi owners are ready to sanction an ?ú80m world-record transfer fee and a salary of between ?ú400,000 and ?ú500,000 a week to land Portuguese superstar Cristiano Ronaldo from Real Madrid.

Full story: Goal.com

Three former Chelsea managers are plotting raids on the club. Fernando Torres is a ?ú45m target for Guus Hiddink's Anzhi Makhachkala, Carlo Ancelotti wants Ashley Cole at Paris Saint-Germain and Real Madrid, coached by Jose Mourinho, are eyeing Raul Meireles.

Full story: Daily Mirror

Torres' agent has hinted that the Spanish striker, 28, could be tempted by a move to Serie A side Roma.

Full story: Daily Star

Chelsea are ready to make a ?ú35m bid for Real Madrid's Angel di Maria. The Argentina winger, 24, is seeking to double his ?ú40,000 a week wages.

Full story: The Sun

Juventus want to muscle in on this summer's anticipated auction for Napoli striker Edinson Cavani. Emirates Marketing Project and Chelsea both want to sign the 25-year-old Uruguay international.

Full story: talkSPORT

Sunderland boss Martin O'Neill wants a reunion with Gabriel Agbonlahor and Richard Dunne, both of whom he managed at Aston Villa.

Big-spending La Liga side Malaga plan to scupper Manchester United's attempts to land Ajax midfielder Christian Eriksen.

Full story: Inside Futbol

Arsenal striker Carlos Vela wants to stay at Real Sociedad when his loan spell finishes at the end of the season.

Full story: talkSPORT

West Brom are keen on signing Ghanaian midfielder Derek Boateng. The 28-year-old wants to leave his current club FC Dnipro in Ukraine, after a reported race row with an opponent earlier this month.

Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson has joked he will set old foe Roy Keane on Patrick Vieira after the Emirates Marketing Project executive's latest criticism of the Premier League leaders.

Blackpool boss Ian Holloway believes the Football Association could be too scared to name Harry Redknapp England manager.

Full story: Metro

Emirates Marketing Project manager Roberto Mancini has publicly expressed his admiration for Tottenham midfielder Luka Modric, saying that he is "definitely one of the best in the Premier League".

Full story: The Sun

Aston Villa midfielder Stephen Ireland is ready to make himself available for Ireland again - but not before Euro 2012.

Full story: Daily Star

Emirates Marketing Project boss Roberto Mancini and striker Mario Balotelli have patched up their differences following a training ground bust-up on Wednesday.

Full story: Daily Mail

Injury-hit Bolton Wanderers may turn to 18-year-old Josh Vela, who is yet to make a first-team appearance, against Wolves because they are so short of midfielders.

Former national team manager Terry Venables believes that the delay in appointing a successor to Fabio Capello may harm England's Euro 2012 hopes.

Full story: The Daily Telegraph

Tottenham will turn to Swansea manager Brendan Rodgers if Harry Redknapp is appointed England boss.

Full story: Daily Express

Fans of German fourth-tier football team Magdeburg formed a human arrow pointing to the net to help end the relegation-threatened team's goal drought.

Diego Maradona ran from the dugout to the stands to rescue his girlfriend from angry fans, during his team Al Wasl's 2-0 defeat to Al Shabab in the UAE League.

Full story: Gulf News

Ridiculous if it has an element of truth in this one

Emirates Marketing Project's Abu Dhabi owners are ready to sanction an ?ú80m world-record transfer fee and a salary of between ?ú400,000 and ?ú500,000 a week to land Portuguese superstar Cristiano Ronaldo from Real Madrid

Ridiculous if it has an element of truth in this one

Emirates Marketing Project's Abu Dhabi owners are ready to sanction an ?ú80m world-record transfer fee and a salary of between ?ú400,000 and ?ú500,000 a week to land Portuguese superstar Cristiano Ronaldo from Real Madrid

Don't think so. Firstly, that would plunge them head over heels into the deep end in terms of losses. any hope of meeting FFP rules will go right out the window and down the Marianas Trench if they pull that off. Even with the prospect of increased shirt deals ,image rights, etc. that Real used to finance their gamble.

Secondly, Real bought him for eighty million quid, I find it extremely hard to believe they would sell a superstar in the prime of his career, and possibly the only player who could challenge Messi in their squad, for the same price.

Thirdly, who would Real buy to replace him? There's no player in the world on his level that doesn't play for Barca.

Fourthly, why would Ronaldo want to move from sunny Madrid, where he's idolized, to cold, rainy Manchester, where he's already been? And when he's already played for United, a bigger club by far?

Bordering on impossible, imo.

Emirates Marketing Project manager Roberto Mancini has publicly expressed his admiration for Tottenham midfielder Luka Modric, saying that he is "definitely one of the best in the Premier League".
Full story: Gulf News

Hmm...well, there are worse teams to sell to, if we choose to do so in the summer. We can demand a 60 million quid fee, and they'd probably be daft enough to pay it.

In fact, if we could sell them both Bale and Modric for 55/60 million quid each, I'd definitely do it.

That way, they fail FFP and get banned from Europe, and we pay off most, if not all of our stadium debt and can simply buy them back when they're declared insolvent.:D

Ronaldo would never sign for that 2-bob outfit

Who makes up this flimflam on a weekly basis? Who works for these blogs?

What a bunch of clueless fudgetards

Last edited:
Shopping list:
Llorente (prob missed the boat again).
Torres (possibly too expensive and chelsea wouldn't sell to us unless we opened up to Modric leaving - on those terms, no).
Ade (may have pushed his price up. As we all knew, he can be a bit hit and miss, but definately more hit than miss).
Rossi (not sure, very gettable I'd imagine, but not the strong hold up player we need IMO).
Carlton Cole (ticks all the boxes really. Cole >> Crouch >>> Ibra)

Shopping list:
Llorente (prob missed the boat again).
Torres (possibly too expensive and chelsea wouldn't sell to us unless we opened up to Modric leaving - on those terms, no).
Ade (may have pushed his price up. As we all knew, he can be a bit hit and miss, but definately more hit than miss).
Rossi (not sure, very gettable I'd imagine, but not the strong hold up player we need IMO).
Carlton Cole (ticks all the boxes really. Cole >> Crouch >>> Ibra)

Torres for Modric....hmm. D'you know what, I'd consider it at the very least. He's looked like getting back to his best in the last few games, and his lethality and ability at his best are both streets ahead of anything we've got at the moment. We could concievably play a 4-2-3-1 with Livermore/Sandro/Parker pairing Hudd in front of the back four, with Bale, VdV and Lennon up front feeding Torres. It's the system Real uses, after all, with the Alonso/Khedira double pivot.

But then we'd be giving in to Modric's demands and strengthening Chelski, and that's something I won't be able to stand. Sigh.

Jesus I've woken up to some utter brick this morning.

Yaya Toure has insisted Emirates Marketing Project's big-name players are at Eastlands to win trophies and not pocket huge wages.

"Players like Sergio Aguero, David Silva and Mario Balotelli have come here with me to City for one thing," Toure told The Sun. "Not for money - but to win games and win trophies."

I wish one of those macarons would just come out and admit they joined a club with little history to line their pockets and get it over with.

Then this gem from someone whose father needs to educate him on a bit of history before mentioning fudging Chelsea in the same breath.

Marseille forward Andre Ayew says it would be a "dream" to sign for Bayern Munich.

"They have the same status as Real Madrid, Barcelona, Chelsea - the ultimate aspiration."

He probably meant 'status' within the media or bank account balances

Likely this. 'Status' is the amount a club's willing to pay in order to get the player they want. In terms of history, we have an equal, and in many cases greater claim to status than Chelsea. But they're rich, and wealth buys 'status'.

Personally I agree with zin. It's borderline ludicrous to compare Chelsea to Bayern or the Spanish duo. But that's what you get for letting rampant greed into the game, I suppose.

Mancini tapping up modric i see.
Well that's that then. A poster on the old board told me that once City want a player, that's it, they sign for them. He said that there was little point anyone considering Javier Pastore because City were linked with him in a paper. About two weeks later he signed for PSG.

Well that's that then. A poster on the old board told me that once City want a player, that's it, they sign for them. He said that there was little point anyone considering Javier Pastore because City were linked with him in a paper. About two weeks later he signed for PSG.

I doubt that Mancini will be there next season

Mourinho has denied contact with Emirates Marketing Project. The rumor was that he was going to arrive June 30 from mundo deportivo.

I am waiting to see if anyone has Fergie sized balls enough to come out and call Emirates Marketing Project, and Mancini, pathetic...money talks I suppose...

Real Madrid manager Jose Mourinho may raid former club Chelsea for promising keeper Thibaut Courtois, 19, who is on loan at Atletico Madrid.

The agent of Bologna midfielder Gaston Ramirez, who has been linked with Chelsea, Liverpool and Manchester United, has admitted there is a concrete offer from an English Premier League team for his client.

Full story: Inside Futbol
Gaston Ramirez has eight senior caps for Uruguay

Gaston Ramirez has eight senior caps for Uruguay

Bayern Munich have joined the race to sign Benfica midfielder Nico Gaitan, who is also a Manchester United target.

Full story: Talk Sport

Liverpool are planning a move to sign Emirates Marketing Project striker Emmanuel Adebayor with Tottenham unwilling to meet the wage demands of their loan star.

Full story: Caught Offside
OTHER GOSSIP

Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp admits he is powerless to stop playmaker Luka Modric leaving.

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger says he is 'confident' of signing up key players Robin van Persie and Theo Walcott to new contracts beyond next season.

Ricardo Fuller has scored 43 goals in 177 league appearances for Stoke

Ricardo Fuller has scored 43 goals in 177 league appearances for Stoke since joining in 2006

Pavel Pogrebnyak is set to snub interest from several other Premier League clubs in favour of joining Fulham permanently, after manager Martin Jol revealed talks have begun.

Arsenal's Mikel Arteta has said that it is unfair to compare him to fellow Spanish midfielder Cesc Fabregas who left north London for Barcelona in the summer.

Full story: London Evening Standard

Stoke striker Ricardo Fuller has opened talks on a new contract at the Britannia Stadium as he enters the final eight games of his current deal.

Full story: Stoke Sentinel
AND FINALLY

Emirates Marketing Project Sergio Aguero injured his foot on his son's mini-motocross bike.

However, the Guardian says the Argentinian had an allergic reaction to a foot spray.

Full story: the Guardian

Keeper Iker Casillas has been chastised after being caught on video picking his nose and wiping his hand on the face of a young mascot before Real Madrid's Champions League game against Apoel Nicosia.

Back