• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Thread

The sun say Dembele and Dempsey are out of contract next year, would mean they might go for a reasonable price this summer

Yeah. I think Jol has said that he won't stand in their way if they get a good offer or something similar to that as well.

I actually don't want either of them at Spurs, I don't see how they strengthen our starting 11, we have plenty of cover for central midfield (where Dembele seems to do the best) and we have VdV + we should have striker options for attacking midfield (where Dempsey seems to be at his best). I think they would do well at either Liverpool or Saudi Sportswashing Machine.

dembele though isnt a centre mid and he doesnt play there i dont think . he "wonky's" in there from the wing. and he's pretty good at it

i think he would be very good as wing back up for a 433 or 442 wonky

dont think we need dempsey at all unless we are losing squad players and he's willing to play as a squad player.

guys like him and dembele (who i think is very talented either way) have their abilities highlighted cause of the team they play in and the position the team is expected to be in. if you catch my meaning.

I could imagine Dembele playing in a front three, or in VDVs position (albeit in a different fashion)

Just struck me as two good players as possible bargains this summer.

Saudi Sportswashing Machine/Liverpool are good shouts as well - I could imagine them making an impact there

There are extremes and you sir have taken it to one of them.

My point is thus, if we didnt have Defoe for arguments sake and shopping for a premier league striker was like a price comparison website then Defoe for me would tick more boxes than Rossi. Even if Rossi scores in Spain with more flair and grace I would take Defoe because Defoe's record is more in keeping with our circumstances. His record is scorching hot in the Premier League/we play in the premier league

The same as if I was a supporter of a Spanish club I would take Rossi over Defoe because you know what you are going to get.

I suppose one of the things I do believe above and beyond the Rossi v Defoe debate......Defoe is totally under used by us as a team, in my opinion...

Think you're reaching a bit with Defoe's PL record being "scorching hot"

9 so far this season

Are his PL totals throughout his career, an average of about 11 a season, perhaps we have different definitions of scorching. As for the other argument about being PL proven well I'm not really convinced by this either, if you went through our signings over the last 6-7 years I'd say the "unproven" players from foreign leagues have done better on average than the PL "proven" players.

Anyone read harry redknapps interview about modric this morning? Redknapp needs to learn when to keep his fudging mouth shut. Arghhh

dembele though isnt a centre mid and he doesnt play there i dont think . he "wonky's" in there from the wing. and he's pretty good at it

dont think we need dempsey at all unless we are losing squad players and he's willing to play as a squad player.

guys like him and dembele (who i think is very talented either way) have their abilities highlighted cause of the team they play in and the position the team is expected to be in. if you catch my meaning.

Dembele is playing as a central midfielder at the moment. Saw him against United on Monday and was very impressed. Judging by that game alone, I think he's actually pretty similar to Modric.

He did used to play in a more attacking role, and from what I saw I'm sure he could do a job for us in VDV or Lennon's position (though not 'role'). If he'd be happy with a squad role, could be a useful guy to have around as first cover for Modric, VDV and Lennon - I'd argue he's better than any of our current cover options for those spots (i.e. Hudd and Kranjcar).

Dembele is playing as a central midfielder at the moment. Saw him against United on Monday and was very impressed. Judging by that game alone, I think he's actually pretty similar to Modric.

He did used to play in a more attacking role, and from what I saw I'm sure he could do a job for us in VDV or Lennon's position (though not 'role'). If he'd be happy with a squad role, could be a useful guy to have around as first cover for Modric, VDV and Lennon - I'd argue he's better than any of our current cover options for those spots (i.e. Hudd and Kranjcar).

i'm definately confused then...what formation were fulham playing? cause they had frei, dempsey, murphy, dembele, diarra playing in that midfield.

didnt they? arrgh , you're making me doubt myself now

African Dembele has been playing cm most of this season and has been brilliant. Jol moved him there when he realised Murphy is past it.

i'm definately confused then...what formation were fulham playing? cause they had frei, dempsey, murphy, dembele, diarra playing in that midfield.

didnt they? arrgh , you're making me doubt myself now

4231 - Dembele and Diarra central, Duff right, Frei left, Dempsey behind Pogrebnyak. Dembele has been playing there for a couple of months now.

4231 - Dembele and Diarra central, Duff right, Frei left, Dempsey behind Pogrebnyak. Dembele has been playing there for a couple of months now.

Yep thats how they lined up against united. Well no against united they played 4-1-4-1 but usually Dempsey has a more attacking role higher up the pitch.

Against united it was:

------------------------Diarra----------------------------

Duff--------Dempsey----------Dembele----------Frei

-------------------------Pog-----------------------------

Yup, although (to split hairs) I would argue it was more of a 4-5-1 as Dempsey was defending as part of a central midfield trio.

Murphy was on the bench, only came on later.

Can anyone who's seen a lot of Dembele this year say if the United game was a typical performance from him? Or was he particularly good that day? Was really impressed with his technique, composure, dribbling and 'progressiveness' on the ball, as well as his work- rate and athleticism off it.

I'm probably getting a bit carried away here based on one game, but IF Modric did leave in the summer maybe Dembele would be a decent replacement. Not necessarily as good as Luka, but a) who is? (that we could get), b) he's a similar style of player, c) he'd be cheap and d) he's entering his peak years.

Yup, although (to split hairs) I would argue it was more of a 4-5-1 as Dempsey was defending as part of a central midfield trio.

Murphy was on the bench, only came on later.

Can anyone who's seen a lot of Dembele this year say if the United game was a typical performance from him? Or was he particularly good that day? Was really impressed with his technique, composure, dribbling and 'progressiveness' on the ball, as well as his work- rate and athleticism off it.

I'm probably getting a bit carried away here based on one game, but IF Modric did leave in the summer maybe Dembele would be a decent replacement. Not necessarily as good as Luka, but a) who is? (that we could get), b) he's a similar style of player, c) he'd be cheap and d) he's entering his peak years.

He's been exceptional this season. I did post on here for a few months now that the transformation of dembele to a cm is one of Jols smarter moves.
I actually remember a game earlier in the season where i saw Dembele drop so so deep to collect the ball and i thought wtf is he doing there...i then realised he was starting there. He dictates play now, can pass, has excellent movement too. anyway i think he's united bound (or maybe liverpool or Filth).

Dembele would be an excellent understudy for Rafa next season. Doesn't have the defensive game for the Modric role though.

The only two players who could fill Modric's shoes IMO are Ever Banega and Javi Martinez.

Dembele would be an excellent understudy for Rafa next season. Doesn't have the defensive game for the Modric role though.

The only two players who could fill Modric's shoes IMO are Ever Banega and Javi Martinez.

If Modric left it doesn't necessarily mean we'd need to replace him with a Modric type of player (which neither Martinez or to a lesser extent Banega are btw). I actually think a player like Gylfi Sigurdsson could benefit us more in terms of productivity. He has physical presence too which would help.

Back