• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Thread

If I were Levy I'd call a meeting with Harry and the entire playing squad and give them a briefing on how to handle media questions about other clubs. Firstly, announce to the media that none of the players or manager are allowed to talk about potential transfers, either now or in the future. Then tell the players that if they're asked about whether they'd like to someday play for X club, or whether they think X player will leave, they are to say the rehearsed line every time "sorry I can't talk about that, we'll just have to wait and see".

If I were Levy I'd call a meeting with Harry and the entire playing squad and give them a briefing on how to handle media questions about other clubs. Firstly, announce to the media that none of the players or manager are allowed to talk about potential transfers, either now or in the future. Then tell the players that if they're asked about whether they'd like to someday play for X club, or whether they think X player will leave, they are to say the rehearsed line every time "sorry I can't talk about that, we'll just have to wait and see".

:ross: 8-[

Agreed with above poster. I work in PR and some of the players are so fudging stupid when speaking to the media, it's unreal. I say 'stupid', it's more pushing their own agenda really

My new boss at work had to undergo a 3 day media training course, you would think footballers, managers should go through this too

No I wouldn't prefer that. I like a good balance of solid pro's, promise and wise old heads.

In my first post I was merely stating that were looking at absolutely massive transition fairly soon, probably this summer, and that weve never had this amount of foced upheavel before (well to my knowledge at least).

The post that you have quoted was a response to Lily White claiming that this kind of situation is normal for us. It wasn't in anyway a slight on the job Harry has done.

However, what I certainly would want to take from Arsenal is an established system and style. It's got it's floors of course, but the reason they are doing well this season despite, in my opinion, having an average side is that they have a system that their playing staff can play in. They dont have to mutilate their team into odd bastardised formations if say Walcott gets injured. If Lennon gets injured for us then best players get shunted about and the team is instantly lop sided and half as effective.

If or when Harry goes in the summer there's no hiding the fact that the next bloke is going to have a fairly large rebuilding job on his hands.

But that certainly isn't anything to do with transfer rumours. With regards the initial Bale story i'd say play him on left wing or cash in.

I don't think that we are looking at a lot of upheaval this summer. We need to sign at least one striker and move out some players that are surplus to requirements. Friedel looks good for another year and Parker could play top flight football for another four or five. We need to strengthen in central defence and cover for Lennon would be welcome but this is not major rebuilding. If we change manager in the summer, then it is inevitable that they will want to bring in some of their own players but they will have the luxury of inheriting the best Spurs side in decades on which to build.

Has anyone seen Bale's part in the Sun today? Absolute fudging disgrace he is.

Why do you even read the Sun? When did the Sun EVER write anything that has got to do with reality? Newspapers have an agenda, first and foremost about making money, but they also have agendas on a political level. And their journalists have personal agendas. If you think they will present an objective view of anything Gareth Bale told them (or more likely, never did tell them), then you are wrong.

Anything written in any newspaper has to be approached with severe criticism.

Do I think Gareth Bale would like to play for Barcelona? Absolutely. So would everyone else in the PL. Will Levy sell him to Barcelona? Yes he will, for a ton of money. Will the world move on? Yes it will.

There is one thing about Tottenham Hotspur that many fans do not seem to grasp. Our progression as a club does not hang on Modric, Adebayor, VdV, Bale or any of our current stars. This club will live on beyond them as it has lived beyond Bill, Danny, Steve, Glenn, David and the rest of our heroes from the past. What is most important to this club right now is the construction of a new stadium, new facilities and thus create a basis of income that makes us competitive on an economic level. The selling of Bale, Modric and so on might or might not happen, but it will in the end make us stronger if we just get the stadium in place. We are currently establishing ourselves as true contenders for Champions League qualification. Make note of that, qualification, not the title. We have a long way to progress still, and the way to do that is exactly the way Daniel Levy is doing it for us, brick by brick and with a profit.

Casillas, Valdes, Hart, Buffon, Neuer?

Either this is meant to read as sarcasm or its post-of-the-century!

Can you walk me through how the conversation with Barca/Real would go when we approached them for Casillas or Valdes?!? Or what we would say to convince them to move? Or how about how we would convince the Juve-legend Buffon to leave the team he's spent over 10 years at? Or why Hart would leave Man C?

nothing wrong if Bale goes on to Barca to be a top, top player. so long as Barca pays us our dues.
i think Bale would be a 2-3 club type of player, I won't expect him to leave Spurs until he's 26-27, when he is hitting his stride.

I don't think that we are looking at a lot of upheaval this summer. We need to sign at least one striker and move out some players that are surplus to requirements. Friedel looks good for another year and Parker could play top flight football for another four or five. We need to strengthen in central defence and cover for Lennon would be welcome but this is not major rebuilding. If we change manager in the summer, then it is inevitable that they will want to bring in some of their own players but they will have the luxury of inheriting the best Spurs side in decades on which to build.

I agree with most of that but if we do not sign ade on a permant deal we will need 2 strikers, im not convinced on adebayor but he is a good hold up man.

EXCLUSIVE: Spurs line up Ecuador's answer to Roberto Carlos

Spurs are poised to sign Ecuadorian Christian Ramirez for ?ú1.5million when he turns 18.

The attacking left-back, in the Roberto Carlos mould, has been to London to sort out terms and will join from Independiente Jose Teran in the summer.

Ramirez was a stand-out in the Under-17 World Cup and will be over in August on his 18th birthday – under transfer rules the earliest a player can move from South America to Europe.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/new...cuador-s-Christian-Ramirez-article885799.html

EXCLUSIVE: Spurs line up Ecuador's answer to Roberto Carlos

Spurs are poised to sign Ecuadorian Christian Ramirez for ?ú1.5million when he turns 18.

The attacking left-back, in the Roberto Carlos mould, has been to London to sort out terms and will join from Independiente Jose Teran in the summer.

Ramirez was a stand-out in the Under-17 World Cup and will be over in August on his 18th birthday – under transfer rules the earliest a player can move from South America to Europe.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/new...cuador-s-Christian-Ramirez-article885799.html

I always like these kind of transfer rumours - even though most of them turn out not to be true and, of the few that are true, the player usually turns out to be something of a disappointment.

In this case it helps, I suppose, that left back is one position for which we need cover.

simply deluded ..

Either this is meant to read as sarcasm or its post-of-the-century!

Can you walk me through how the conversation with Barca/Real would go when we approached them for Casillas or Valdes?!? Or what we would say to convince them to move? Or how about how we would convince the Juve-legend Buffon to leave the team he's spent over 10 years at? Or why Hart would leave Man C?

#-o

Sigurdsson once again proved what a top signing he will be for someone this summer

Sigurdsson once again proved what a top signing he will be for someone this summer

Agreed. Pretty good performance today, didn't realise he was only 22 as well. ?ú6-8m signing in the summer for someone - Could see him going somewhere like Saudi Sportswashing Machine and being a top player.

He had 2 shots in the whole game. Did absolutely nothing else. I think we sold Bent for only scoring and he is a million times better than him.

He will be a top signing this summer for someone though, Swansea, Wolves, Blackburn, Bolton et al.

TRANSFER GOSSIP

Gareth Bale has admitted he will struggle to reject the advances of Barcelona or Real Madrid should either side come calling for him in the summer.

Full story: Metro

Metro the anti Spurs paper creates a total non-story out of Bale's interview in the Sun yesterday hahaha, tacos

Tottenham are lining up Ecuadorian Christian Ramirez - a stand-out in the Under-17 World Cup - for ?ú1.5m when the attacking left-back turns 18 in August.

Full story: Daily Mirror

Swansea are ready to offer Aston Villa's ?ú5m-rated former Cardiff defender James Collins a controversial return to Wales.

Scotland keeper Allan McGregor has emerged as a summer target for West Brom if they cannot strike a deal with Birmingham to keep Ben Foster.

Full story: Express & Star

Emirates Marketing Project manager Roberto Mancini says the title race will be over if Manchester United defeat Blackburn and QPR in their next two games to go eight points clear, before City play again.

Meanwhile, City captain Vincent Kompany has defiantly insisted that title-race nerves are not getting to his team-mates.

Full story: Daily Mail

Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp says five wins from the last seven games will ensure White Hart Lane hosts Champions League action next season.

Nottingham Forest boss Steve Cotterill is hoping for the all-clear to keep Garath McCleary by offering the winger an ?ú8,000-a-week deal.

Sir Alex Ferguson says David de Gea has finally 'got a grip' of life at Manchester United after he was forced to drop the keeper earlier in the season.

Full story: Guardian

Former Liverpool defender Sami Hyypia has been placed in temporary charge of Bayer Leverkusen after Robin Dutt was sacked following a fifth consecutive loss.

Stoke winger Jermaine Pennant took to Twitter to criticise manager Tony Pulis for playing him out of position in the 2-0 defeat at relegation-threatened Wigan.

He had 2 shots in the whole game. Did absolutely nothing else. I think we sold Bent for only scoring and he is a million times better than him.

He will be a top signing this summer for someone though, Swansea, Wolves, Blackburn, Bolton et al.

Agreed. Him and Clodgers proved yet again they're working in a no-pressure environment populated with talenteless overachievers who like to pass the ball around and enjoy their time in the PL. Happy days.

I knew his goal yesterday would trigger the 'sign him up' comments though - it is inevitable. Average player scores a Premier League goal against us = transfer links. Thankfully we won else the Clodgers fest would have been unbearable this week.

The new Geovanni?

Back