• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Thread

Another take on the above this time in The Sun

Bale's storming performances in the Champions League last season — including an amazing hat-trick at Inter Milan — caught everyone's attention.

Scouts swarmed to White Hart Lane to watch him, sparking speculation he could move to pastures new.

Bale said: "I have three years left on my contract and I'm very happy at Tottenham. In a way it's flattering, a good feeling when you get linked with very big clubs.

"It's a compliment but it doesn't affect the way I play at all, it doesn't ever go to my head
. It's a nice feeling to know those clubs are looking at you.

"I don't know whether they are or not. Some of it might just be pure speculation, you never know.

"The point when it turns your head is when that speculation turns to reality and a bid is accepted.

"If you are talking about Barcelona or Real Madrid, two of the biggest clubs in the world, then it's a bit like Harry and England, it's a once-in-a-lifetime dream. If you said to any young player that you could play for Barcelona or Real would they turn it down? Probably not.

"If it happens you would have to look very seriously at the situation. If a bid was accepted you would obviously have to seriously consider it. But that has not happened so, at the moment, I'm just concentrating on Tottenham."

Bale joining real or barca wouldn't anger me. Of course i'd be sad he's leaving but i wouldn't really blame him if either of them came calling. Beats him joining another premiership club.

Could we survive with both him and luka leaving though?

With nigh on ?ú80m banked plus any other transfer money we have (wasn't it reportedly circa ?ú30 if Redkanpp stays?) and potentially ECL footie, I'd say we'd manage.

Bring in Mourinho with that money as a transfer kitty too (if Arry leaves), then I think we'd be okay.

Mourinho, ECl footie, new statium on the horizon, big signings (what would ?ú110m buy you?) - then again, it never goes like that at Spurs does it :D

I do not see how that could be Bale talking up a move at all, he is just keeping his opitons open nothing wrong with that.

If/when Bale eventually moves, I'd like him to go to Spain. It would be nice to see more British players abroad.

if Bale keeps mincing around in the cnetre of the park, take the money.

We wouldn't miss 'the roaming bale' at all. We'd certainly miss bale the winger, just as we have in the past two months.

Luka will go i recon and that'll be pretty drastic. It seems like everyone at the club feels its a stop over before other things, like hey lads lets all give it a crack this year, who knows where we'll be this time next season.

Not being funny but i recon that comes from redknapp. why would players commit? who are they commiting to and playing for?

We need some fudging stability. With Redknapp, Friedel, Ade, Bale, Luka, King, Gallas and their respective situations, it all feels a bit house of cards esq. Add the fact that our defensive cover is 34 year old Nelesn and 33 year old Saha up front and the situation looks pretty delicate.

The current situation seems the absolute antithisis of everything Levy has ever tried to build ie young players on the way up.

Really strange to see a club with such a good first 11 having such a huge transitional feel to it. Even the stadium situation adds to the feeling imo.

Not being funny but i recon that comes from redknapp. why would players commit? who are they commiting to and playing for?

We need some fudging stability. With Redknapp, Friedel, Ade, Bale, Luka, King, Gallas and their respective situations, it all feels a bit house of cards esq. Add the fact that our defensive cover is 34 year old Nelesn and 33 year old Saha up front and the situation looks pretty delicate.

But its always been like that, not just since Harry has been here. Our best players have always moved on to more successful clubs and bigger wage packets e.g Berbatov, Carrick, Campbell et el Its the nature of football. The big successful clubs with the cash can get all the best players and thats why everyone will always struggle to compete.

With nigh on ?ú80m banked plus any other transfer money we have (wasn't it reportedly circa ?ú30 if Redkanpp stays?) and potentially ECL footie, I'd say we'd manage.

Bring in Mourinho with that money as a transfer kitty too (if Arry leaves), then I think we'd be okay.

Mourinho, ECl footie, new statium on the horizon, big signings (what would ?ú110m buy you?) - then again, it never goes like that at Spurs does it :D

Ok hypothetically speaking, if we sold Bale and Modric for say ?ú90m, 5m for Arry, and add that to our usual transfer kitty (lets say 20m).......who would people but for that ?ú115m?

But its always been like that, not just since Harry has been here. Our best players have always moved on to more successful clubs and bigger wage packets e.g Berbatov, Carrick, Campbell et el Its the nature of football. The big successful clubs with the cash can get all the best players and thats why everyone will always struggle to compete.

it hasnt always been like that. we never had a manager who wasnt committed to the club, and never had 6-7 members of our first team squad aged 33-41 with our most influential forward on a one season loan. In 8 games Adebayor is a Emirates Marketing Project player again. Then our forward line consists of Defoe and Saha. You do realise that?

Gallas, Nelsen, Friedel, Parker, Saha - combined age 1,984 years old.
King - Last legs
Adebayor - not our player
Modders & Bale - question marks
Manager - wants a different job

I dont recall a situation like this before

it hasnt always been like that. we never had a manager who wasnt committed to the club, and never had 6-7 members of our first team squad aged 33-41 with our most influential forward on a one season loan. In 8 games Adebayor is a Emirates Marketing Project player again. Then our forward line consists of Defoe and Saha. You do realise that?

King - Last legs

ageism2.jpg

Gallas, Nelsen, Friedel, Parker, Saha - combined age 1,984 years old. Friedel and Parker have a year or 2 left in them, Gallas has hardly played this year anyway and the other 2 we always knew were stop gaps because bassong and pav wanted to be playing regular football and nelsen and saha were like emergency cover.
King - Last legs we have been expecting this for a few years now, surprised he is still playing. But Caulker looks very promising and could be Kings replacement.
Adebayor - not our player No but can't see him going back to Emirates Marketing Project. may be available at a good price
Modders & Bale - question marks Always will be question marks over our best players
Manager - wants a different job We knew this could arise. It is a new situation as how often have we had a manager good enough to be linked with a top job?

Maybe not but there is bugger all we can do about it. we just have to trust Levy that he has plans in place.

King - Last legs

If we're going use the word "never" with poetic licence, allow me also to state that we never had a team that was regularly in the top four before.

Sure, we have more old and experienced players on our books now than we did prior to Redknapp's arrival. That's because Harry correctly identified the one issue persistently keeping Spurs from cracking the top four and staying there - the lack of mental toughness and know-how. He's brought that to the club with the likes of Friedel, Parker and Gallas.

Would you prefer that, like Arsenal fans, you were perennially promised jam tomorrow with an exciting but green young team?

If we're going use the word "never" with poetic licence, allow me also to state that we never had a team that was regularly in the top four before.

Sure, we have more old and experienced players on our books now than we did prior to Redknapp's arrival. That's because Harry correctly identified the one issue persistently keeping Spurs from cracking the top four and staying there - the lack of mental toughness and know-how. He's brought that to the club with the likes of Friedel, Parker and Gallas.

Would you prefer that, like Arsenal fans, you were perennially promised jam tomorrow with an exciting but green young team?

No I wouldn't prefer that. I like a good balance of solid pro's, promise and wise old heads.

In my first post I was merely stating that were looking at absolutely massive transition fairly soon, probably this summer, and that weve never had this amount of foced upheavel before (well to my knowledge at least).

The post that you have quoted was a response to Lily White claiming that this kind of situation is normal for us. It wasn't in anyway a slight on the job Harry has done.

However, what I certainly would want to take from Arsenal is an established system and style. It's got it's floors of course, but the reason they are doing well this season despite, in my opinion, having an average side is that they have a system that their playing staff can play in. They dont have to mutilate their team into odd bastardised formations if say Walcott gets injured. If Lennon gets injured for us then best players get shunted about and the team is instantly lop sided and half as effective.

If or when Harry goes in the summer there's no hiding the fact that the next bloke is going to have a fairly large rebuilding job on his hands.

But that certainly isn't anything to do with transfer rumours. With regards the initial Bale story i'd say play him on left wing or cash in.

I don't think there is anything wrong with Bale. The important part for me was this 'If they accept'. Levy wont sell Bale.

Now, what will annoy me is the fact the media and sky especially will twist this into a story that is really not, they will make it out that he wants to leave and will use it in every way shape and form to have a dig at Spurs.

Back