• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Thread

When Rossi comes to the Premier League and proves he can even match Defoe's scoring record then I will start the love in, until then he has alot to prove

Redknapp wants to keep Nelsen

Tottenham manager hails defender's influence at White Hart Lane

Last Updated: March 28, 2012 7:31am

"I thought he was fantastic tonight," said Redknapp. "I just think he is a great professional and a real good player.

"I couldn't believe I got him on a free. I felt it was an amazing player to bring to the club, he is a player I have chased for years.

"I have always thought he was top class, a great pro, a great trainer, a fantastic person.

"He has got a six-month contract. At the end of the season you have got to keep him here next year because he's worth his weight in gold just to have around for other people to look at the way he works, the way he trains, the way he behaves, his attitude.

"That's what football clubs are built upon, people like him, Scott Parker, Brad Friedel. You bring them in and it changes everything. That has been the difference this year."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11661/7632548/Redknapp-wants-to-keep-Nelsen

No, it isn't, Arry - these are short term stop-gaps similar to fixing a leaking metal pipe with selotape

Very disappointed if these are indeed the calibre of future signings we aim to bring in. Hopefully Levy can soon put this to an end.

No, it isn't, Arry - these are short term stop-gaps similar to fixing a leaking metal pipe with selotape

Very disappointed if these are indeed the calibre of future signings we aim to bring in. Hopefully Levy can soon put this to an end.

Harry means that you need players that work hard and have the experience to pass on to the younger players. I agree with him. A good team is made up from a mix. Players like King, Nelsen, parker etc can pass on so much advice and really help with the development.
Spurs are not in the position to buy 11 ?ú30 million superstars on ?ú200,000 pw so not sure what you expect. Money talks and that is why we struggle to bring in these worldclass players.

Tottenham manager hails defender's influence at White Hart Lane

Last Updated: March 28, 2012 7:31am

"I thought he was fantastic tonight," said Redknapp. "I just think he is a great professional and a real good player.

"I couldn't believe I got him on a free. I felt it was an amazing player to bring to the club, he is a player I have chased for years.

"I have always thought he was top class, a great pro, a great trainer, a fantastic person.

"He has got a six-month contract. At the end of the season you have got to keep him here next year because he's worth his weight in gold just to have around for other people to look at the way he works, the way he trains, the way he behaves, his attitude.

"That's what football clubs are built upon, people like him, Scott Parker, Brad Friedel. You bring them in and it changes everything. That has been the difference this year."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11661/7632548/Redknapp-wants-to-keep-Nelsen

Think he means in terms of adding to the mentality and team spirit. When he first joined I remember Harry saying that our squad was the quietest bunch of players he'd ever worked with. Now we've got Parker, Friedel, Gallas, Adebayor, Van Der Vaart and Nelsen in the dressing room. Big personalities make a big difference.

Think he means in terms of adding to the mentality and team spirit. When he first joined I remember Harry saying that our squad was the quietest bunch of players he'd ever worked with. Now we've got Parker, Friedel, Gallas, Adebayor, Van Der Vaart and Nelsen in the dressing room. Big personalities make a big difference.

Nail on head. One thing Redknapp has alluded to for a while is that the club lacked characters. He has brought them in and changed the entire mentality of the club, mainly down to the personalities of the players brought in.

The sell on value argument is a potentially valid one, but it's rare that any purchased player lasts more than two years anyway so I am not so bothered with the short term deals as long as the core of the team is likely to stick around for a while.

As for the player's ability. He looked so much more comfortable at right centre back didn't he? I'd take him in front of Kaboul that's for sure.

I see Kalou's contract is up in the summer - any takers?

He'd offer more than Saha, for examle if the latter leaves in June and can cover the wings better than anyone we currently have bar the 2 naturals

I see Kalou's contract is up in the summer - any takers?

He'd offer more than Saha, for examle if the latter leaves in June and can cover the wings better than anyone we currently have bar the 2 naturals

Kalou is one of those players who doesn't look out of place at a top club, but wouldn't save a club for relegation either. We already have enough players like that so I'd rather focus elsewhere.

Agreed. In that interview Harry isn't saying that's the only type of player we need to buy, and that's all he's interested in, he's just (correctly) saying that they are a vital cog in the machine. You need exciting players like Bale, Lennon, etc., but you also need people in there to gee them up a bit and galvanise everyone if the going gets tough.

Does this logic apply to Messi aswell?

If Messi came to the PL and flopped, he'd join the likes of Schevechenko, Rebrov, Veron and to some extent Torres, as great players that couldnt hack it in England. While we all recognize their outstanding contributions, and skill, you cant just write off an entire episode of their career where they failed massively.

So while I wouldnt say Messi has anything to prove, should he come here and fail (to the extent of the others) then his Barca glory is massively overlooked.

Depends on if at that point Messis goalscoring record is almost identical to Defoes aswell as them having a similar playing style I suppose...

Comparing Messi to Defoe!!!!!!!!!

Look everyone!!! Look what Nayim did....did you see that...He said Messi AND Defoe have the same ability LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

Hahahahaaaaaaaaa :ross:

I suspect you may have missed the point of my post - try reading over the last couple of pages

Turns out that Rossi and Defoe have near identical scoring records, and it can be argued a similar style of play

So grays says

When Rossi comes to the Premier League and proves he can even match Defoe's scoring record then I will start the love in, until then he has alot to prove

To which Rossi replies

Does this logic apply to Messi aswell?

I suspect also missing the point being made.

Unless everyone gets it except me 8-[

Back