• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Thread

What makes you guys think Sahin would be behind Modric?

I know Luka is amazing but Sahin dominated Schweinsteger in the Dortmund vs Munich games and he is a world class CM; Real Madrid have destroyed tons of players in the past ranging from Kaka,Rafa,Robben,Huntelaar and Sneijder.

He could quite easily be our NO 1 midfielder if he adapts to the PL's pace, Physically he should be fine as the Bundesliga is tougher than the premier league I think.

http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/87/g...in-outplayed-bastian-schweinsteiger-again-in-

Last edited:
Not really, he has been a well known talent well before he came to England. Wenger rates him very highly and with him recovering well from his injury we could well be seeing the start of great things from him in this country. Very technically gifted......

Alan Pardew doesn't trust him 100% due to his defensive limitation.
There's a long list out there of people who rate Giovani as well,
but Redknapp does not - it's certainly not due to a low skill level.
Ben Arfa might do well in the future, Giovani could do as well elsewhere.
Non will under Redknapp's management.

Need no lecture about Ben Arfa, we played against him in the Peace Cup 7 years ago

Mourinho is very hit and miss in the transfer market. He's a great coach but if I was his chairman, I would want someone else buying the players.

All managers are a bit hit and miss in the transfer market. Mourinho generally does well, even though he favours players managed by his own agent.

I know Luka is amazing but Sahin dominated Schweinsteger in the Dortmund vs Munich games and he is a world class CM; Real Madrid have destroyed tons of players in the past ranging from Kaka,Rafa,Robben,Huntelaar and Sneijder.

He could quite easily be our NO 1 midfielder if he adapts to the PL's pace, Physically he should be fine as the Bundesliga is tougher than the premier league I think.

http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/87/g...in-outplayed-bastian-schweinsteiger-again-in-

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/kt09MAwUb10" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Because Modric is outstanding!

Were you the one suggesting that Modric and VdV should swap positions?

I don't think the Bundesliga is physically tougher than the Premier League.

Need no lecture about Ben Arfa, we played against him in the Peace Cup 7 years ago

Seems to me that Pardew has done very well with Ben Arfa, has him working a lot harder now (from what I can see), to the point where he can play as a wide man in a 4-4-2 in a midfield without Tiote even.

Giovani is nowhere near as skillful as hir reputation as a Barca prodigy has him made out to be. Ridiculously one footed, not particularly quick either. Nowhere near Ben Arfa in skill, or even Taraabt for that matter.

To be fair Routledge looked like a good player in the Peace Cup. It wasn't a lecture,you said Ben Arfa was flavour of the week which suggests he's just a name plucked from the air after a few decent performances, I was simply stating he has had recognition for quite some time. I think Ben Arfa is a much greater talent than Giovani, and Im not saying that based on his Spurs career as you rightly say he could flourish somewhere else.....

All managers are a bit hit and miss in the transfer market. Mourinho generally does well, even though he favours players managed by his own agent.

On the first part, absolutely but if you are hiring Mourinho, you are not doing so in the expectation that he will sign some unknown gems and offer value for money. Mourinho tends to join clubs with a good squad and sign well known players for high fees.

I think he is the ONLY guy in the world I would bukake with.

listen the guy is quality he proper excites me. He looks like Kanoute also

Your a muppet he's not premiership standard IMO!!! You should get that walnut avatar back as punishment for said comment!!!

On the first part, absolutely but if you are hiring Mourinho, you are not doing so in the expectation that he will sign some unknown gems and offer value for money. Mourinho tends to join clubs with a good squad and sign well known players for high fees.

True to some extent. If given money he will spend it, and he has no problems paying large sums of money. However, he has generally done well to identify and bring in players that will fit his system. Carvalho, Essien, Robben and Drogba were key players and helped Chelsea to success both under Mourinho and after. All signed from clubs outside the "top 3 league in Europe". Similarly for Real he's brought in Khedira, ?ûzil and Di Maria as well as Carvalho again. Again, plenty of players that weren't superstars in the top leagues in Europe (Carvalho not included).

In fairness a list of his failed transfers doesn't make for pleasant reading either, Tiago, Del Horno and Ferreira to Chelsea and Quaresma, Mancini and Muntari to Inter were all pretty bad business.

I think that although you can say that he has alaways spent big, for Chelsea, Inter and Real he's always been under pressure to perform from day one and bring trophys to the clubs straight away. With demands like that and money available anything other than signing established players would be very strange. You need only look at the managerial history of Chelsea, Inter and Real to see just how little time managers there get to succeed. Doesn't mean that he is unable to identify cheaper targets if that was what he was asked to do.

Chelsea are planning an ?ú80m bid to snap up Real Madrid pair Cristiano Ronaldo and Gonzalo Higuain. Owner Roman Abramovich is also considering an alternative ?ú58.5m move for Napoli duo Edinson Cavani and Ezequiel Lavezzi.

Full story: Daily Telegraph

The Blues are ready to take on Tottenham in the race to lure the highly sought-after Eden Hazard away from French club Lille this summer, with Arsenal, Manchester United and Emirates Marketing Project also all keen on the 21-year-old Belgian international.

Full story: Metro
Eden Hazard

Eden Hazard has scored 12 goals so far this season in the French Ligue 1 for Lille

Martin Jol has revealed he may have to sell Fulham's best players in the summer - but insists he can find the right young replacements to fill their places.

Full story: Daily Mirror

Norwich manager Paul Lambert is ready to make a bid for Nottingham Forest pair Chris Gunter and Garath McCleary as he looks to keep building on the Canaries' impressive start to life back in the Premier League next season.

PSV Eindhoven winger Dries Mertens is set to snub interest from Liverpool and head to Bayern Munich instead.

Full story: The Sun
OTHER GOSSIP

Former Wolves manager Mick McCarthy is not ruling out a dramatic return to Molineux this season to help his former charges beat the drop.

Full story: talkSPORT
Rio Ferdinand

Rio Ferdinand has started in Manchester United's last seven Premier League games

England could have one of their lowest followings ever at a major tournament at Euro 2012 as high costs deter fans from a trip to Ukraine and Poland.

Rio Ferdinand may be set for a new contract at Manchester United as he overcomes injury problems to return to form for Sir Alex Ferguson's title-chasers.

Full story: The Times (subscription required)

The deal could see the 33-year-old take a ?ú50,000-a-week wage cut.

Full story: Daily Telegraph

Watching from his hospital bed, Fabrice Muamba saw his Bolton Wanderers team-mates beat Blackburn Rovers from a recording of Match of the Day on Sunday.

Manchester United winger Antonio Valencia hopes Carlos Tevez does not mark his return for Emirates Marketing Project with a goal in the derby against his former club.

Full story: the Sun
Sinclair has scored seven Premier League goals this season

Sinclair has scored seven Premier League goals this season

Swansea winger Scott Sinclair has pledged his future to the Welsh side despite being linked to Liverpool.

Everton captain Phil Neville believes his time with the Toffees will be a failure if they do not win a trophy as David Moyes' side prepare for a FA Cup quarter-final replay against Sunderland on Tuesday.

Full story: Daily Mail
AND FINALLY

In Brazil they have found a different way to deal with players abusing match officials after a police dog bit Caxias forward Vanderlei on the leg. The striker and his team-mates harassed the assistant referee for overturning a decision to disallow a goal against them.

Full story: Metro

just because you're a world class ball playing CM doesnt mean that you're a world class defending CM....plus certain type of players succumb to the style of others

sahin is not on modric's level at all and the german league is categorically inferior to the premier league. quite frankly i dont know where you got the idea that the german league is better. in that league especially defending is inferior to here BUT the german league pace / physical nature is the closest you'll get to the premier league of most of the continental european leagues.

do you watch the german league properly? and do you watch sahin regularly?

Rossi and Defoe are not in the same bracket.
Rossi is miles ahead of Defoe in terms of technique,dribbling and finishing.

But Defoe has one thing.......A great goal scoring record in the Premiership

People go on about overated English talent but I always think its the other way. People bang on about foreign players like there is some mystic about them and they are all going to do the business, Defoe's record in England is unreal, up there with anyones and I take that above anything because its a proven fact in the league we are playing.

Rossi may be technically better but if you could go out and buy a guarenteed record of goals I would go out and purchase Defoe's

If we were buying Rossi it would be great but I would like to think we would also be looking at another forward as well. If we were just to sign Rossi then I would be very disappointed. This season has shown that certainly with Van der Vaart in the team we need a target man who is going hold up and link the play. Regardless of what you think of Adebayor, he has made an impact on how we play for the better despite perhaps not quite scoring the amount he should have done.

But Defoe has one thing.......A great goal scoring record in the Premiership

People go on about overated English talent but I always think its the other way. People bang on about foreign players like there is some mystic about them and they are all going to do the business, Defoe's record in England is unreal, up there with anyones and I take that above anything because its a proven fact in the league we are playing.

Rossi may be technically better but if you could go out and buy a guarenteed record of goals I would go out and purchase Defoe's

Since the start of the 07/08 season:

Rossi: 54 goals in 136 league games, 82/192 overall
Defoe: 53 goals in 134 league games, 77/181 overall

Practically identical.

Practically identical.

Maybe time for a serious attempt for Stevan Jovetic? Fiorentina are languishing toward the bottom of Serie A and Jovetic has been banging them in this season (12 in 16 league)

Practically identical.

Would be interesting to have those games broken down into minutes played.

Would be interesting to have those games broken down into minutes played.

To be fair to Defoe, he has only played 1101 minutes of the 20 games he has been involved in and scored 9 and got 1 assist. He's scoring a goal every 122 minutes.

Before Rossi's injury he was having a shocker. He'd played 737 minutes in just 9 games (played the full 90 in all but two of those games and played well into the second half in the other two) and scored only 3 goals. He's taking 245 minutes to score based on those numbers. But then he was on fire last season

To be fair to Defoe, he has only played 1101 minutes of the 20 games he has been involved in and scored 9 and got 1 assist. He's scoring a goal every 122 minutes.

Before Rossi's injury he was having a shocker. He'd played 737 minutes in just 9 games (played the full 90 in all but two of those games and played well into the second half in the other two) and scored only 3 goals. He's taking 245 minutes to score based on those numbers. But then he was on fire last season

And in fairness to him they had lost Santi Cazorla this season to Malaga who offered a supply line last season. Plus the fact that Villarreal have been poor generally from the start of the season even when he was fit.

Im surprised that given his contract being up in 2013 that Huntelaar hasnt been linked with Tottenham or indeed anyone in England much? Had a storming season so far for Schalke and for the money required to get him would surely represent one of those savvy buys. I wonder If Huntelaar and Van der Vaart would be a goodish fit? Can't say I have ever watched much of them together in international football.

Rossi's had only 1 good season effectively and is turning 26 next season.

He also comes across as a cnut

Last edited:
In what way?

Remember that post on twitter where Villarreal qualified for champions league and Rossi said something like "haha no mickey mouse cup for us this year lol". That comment kind of came back to haunt him a bit really. Rather disrespectful to Europa league for a player to actually say that on twitter imo.

Back