• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Thread

And in fairness to him they had lost Santi Cazorla this season to Malaga who offered a supply line last season. Plus the fact that Villarreal have been poor generally from the start of the season even when he was fit.

Im surprised that given his contract being up in 2013 that Huntelaar hasnt been linked with Tottenham or indeed anyone in England much? Had a storming season so far for Schalke and for the money required to get him would surely represent one of those savvy buys. I wonder If Huntelaar and Van der Vaart would be a goodish fit? Can't say I have ever watched much of them together in international football.
Huntelaar always gets linked with us!

Remember that post on twitter where Villarreal qualified for champions league and Rossi said something like "haha no mickey mouse cup for us this year lol". That comment kind of came back to haunt him a bit really. Rather disrespectful to Europa league for a player to actually say that on twitter imo.

He actually said that? Didn't know anything about that.......yeah thats a bit disrespectful really.

He actually said that? Didn't know anything about that.......yeah thats a bit disrespectful really.

is that any more disrespectful than other clubs/managers who do treat it like a mickey mouse cup and play their reserves and kids in it??

Remember that post on twitter where Villarreal qualified for champions league and Rossi said something like "haha no mickey mouse cup for us this year lol". That comment kind of came back to haunt him a bit really. Rather disrespectful to Europa league for a player to actually say that on twitter imo.

That along many others.

Also dropping USA for Italy as a true glory hunter would.

I didnt like the way he behaved in the World Cup either, he was diving all over the place against New Zealand. From memory he got Italy an undeserved penalty. Kept whining to the ref as well. Took an instant dislike to him since then. Not a Tottenham player in my view, too much of a prima donna.

Gary.

im not sure we are that rich or that good that we can afford to turn down an opportunity to sign a player like Rossi because he "come across as a cnut" .

Berba was described as and is still called a cnut, but im glad we had him and would have him back

And in fairness to him they had lost Santi Cazorla this season to Malaga who offered a supply line last season. Plus the fact that Villarreal have been poor generally from the start of the season even when he was fit.

To be fair to Defoe he has scored more goals as a bit part player than most would. The guys is a goal machine and people can bang on about flair and grace on the pitch but when it comes to putting the ball in the back of the net there is no one better than the boy Defoe

To be fair to Defoe he has scored more goals as a bit part player than most would. The guys is a goal machine and people can bang on about flair and grace on the pitch but when it comes to putting the ball in the back of the net there is no one better than the boy Defoe

hello, someone's been taking the happy pills

Im surprised that given his contract being up in 2013 that Huntelaar hasnt been linked with Tottenham or indeed anyone in England much? Had a storming season so far for Schalke and for the money required to get him would surely represent one of those savvy buys. I wonder If Huntelaar and Van der Vaart would be a goodish fit? Can't say I have ever watched much of them together in international football.

My opinion about Huntelaar has changed. I didn't particularly think he'd suit us for a long time. But we're now at a point where, if we cannot afford a striker who can create inside the box (which let's face it, cost a bomb and won't be coming to us), we now just need someone who is really reliable in front of goal and will take better chances and make better runs than we are currently seeing. Ade has earnt his crust but isn't a finisher. I reckon Huntelaar will probably sign on at Schalke though.

My only other point would be that is in stark contrast to Jovetic, who finally seems to be reliably finding the net despite the team around him. I don't watch a lot of Serie A but Jovetic looks a cracking player whenever I see him in Europe etc. Not really basing it on much as, in truth, I haven't seen him play this year. But the numbers are very good and he looked awesome before his injury last season.

Bracket as in style of play maybe? As opposed to skill level?

Yep. That's exactly what I meant. I don't think they are miles apart in terms of playing style but as I mentioned I think Rossi has a better all round game. Or at least he did before his injury.

He would be a good replacement for Defoe but neither can do what Ade is doing for us now, which is giving us a platform for our attacks even if he is misfiring himself.

My only other point would be that is in stark contrast to Jovetic, who finally seems to be reliably finding the net despite the team around him. I don't watch a lot of Serie A but Jovetic looks a cracking player whenever I see him in Europe etc. Not really basing it on much as, in truth, I haven't seen him play this year. But the numbers are very good and he looked awesome before his injury last season.

He has always been highly coveted, ever since he scored a brace against Liverpool in 2008 I think it was in Florence in the Champions League. I haven't seen alot of him but he must be well rated for a reason. Whether we could get him or not is debatable.

Your points on Huntelaar: I have never really had much of an opinion either way tbh. He has had alot of clubs in a short space of time which isn't a good thing but he has also been unfortunate at both Real Madrid and AC Milan in that he was signed almost to stop others signing him despite the depth at those two clubs in that position.

I think he could well be open to a move, I dont think he would cost major amounts either given his contract situation, possibly ?ú11-13m.

I would definitely take him for us and if it meant we signed Adebayor as well then I wouldn't be bothered on missing out on Hazard to someone like City/United.

I tell you now, a window that had us an example signing Huntelaar, Adebayor, Hoilett (on a free) and Vertonghen but missing out on Hazard and comparative talents then so be it. That would almost certainly mean us keeping hold of our own star players by default. Upgrade on strikers situation, extra cover wide, extra defender with years to grow into the team.

Then clearance of players that have to go and want to go = Pretty good window.

Can I see it happening? Not at all!

Best rumour of the year so far is Chelsea getting Higuain AND Ronaldo for ?ú80m.

So the 2nd best player in the world becomes the fastest player in spanish league history to get 100 goals, averages a goal a game over 3 seasons and they offer to buy him back at the same price Madrid bought him for with their 2nd highest goalscorer thrown in free for good measure.

Lazy journalist of the highest standard, in the telegraph as well.

Best rumour of the year so far is Chelsea getting Higuain AND Ronaldo for ?ú80m.

So the 2nd best player in the world becomes the fastest player in spanish league history to get 100 goals, averages a goal a game over 3 seasons and they offer to buy him back at the same price Madrid bought him for with their 2nd highest goalscorer thrown in free for good measure.

Lazy journalist of the highest standard, in the telegraph as well.

I see what you mean, but he'll never go for anything near 80M if he's ever sold. I think those days are (thankfully) coming to an end.

I see what you mean, but he'll never go for anything near 80M if he's ever sold. I think those days are (thankfully) coming to an end.

Not with Emirates Marketing Project and the new money in Russia, they ain't

Rossi's a much better player than Defoe; Defoe is one of the main reasons why we will never move from the bottler tag; Defoe will score when we are winning or playing in a no win cause like the match vs United; When he actually needs to score and try to finish a chance; He bottles it and smashes the ball straight at the keeper and hopes for the best; He scores his goals in patches and his miss vs City was pathetic for a striker and he blew our title chances.

Rossi's touch,skill and finishing along with his dribbling is miles ahead of Defoe, Watch the goals in the video below; Does Defoe score goals like that?

[video=youtube;a_EcXRq3qR0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_EcXRq3qR0[/video]

Since the start of the 07/08 season:

Rossi: 54 goals in 136 league games, 82/192 overall
Defoe: 53 goals in 134 league games, 77/181 overall

Practically identical.

Rossi played wide in a 4-3-3 until summer 2010, when Llorente left and they changed formation and brought Rossi and Nilmar into the centre.

It was when he moved to a central role that he went from being a 1 in 3 player to a 1 in 2 player.

Back