• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Thread

Sahin's fit but Mourinho doesn't fancy him and he hardly gets any game time.
There will be certainly a few clubs after him so it will be tough but he is a quality player.

He doesn't fancy him because he's physically weaker than Luka modric. Him and Luka would be disastorous imo and you add lennon to that and it will be pretty hard viewing vs physically strong teams.

Again no thanks on Soldado. good player but he's a poacher and not the type of striker we need.

That is exactly the type we need mate as defoe is not good enough, but we do need to either keep ade or buy another like him. Personally as good as he has been i would sell vdv if we could bring in dembele.

Llorente, rossi and dembele with vdv and defoe leaving and then maybe see about keeping adebayor if he is prepared to take a wage drop. None of this will happen though so i do not know why i bother.

He doesn't fancy him because he's physically weaker than Luka modric. Him and Luka would be disastorous imo and you add lennon to that and it will be pretty hard viewing vs physically strong teams.

I agree that him and Modric probably wouldn't work in a 4-4-2. Would have to be some kind of 4-3-3 type formation.

TRANSFER GOSSIP

Tottenham Hotspur playmaker Luka Modric is expected to delay signing a new deal at White Hart Lane until the uncertainty surrounding Harry Redknapp is resolved and he knows who will be Spurs manager next season.

Full story: Sunday Mirror

is it just me or didn't luka just sign a contract about a year ago?

Tottenham have joined Chelsea in the race to land Saudi Sportswashing Machine striker Demba Ba for ?ú7m this summer.

Full story: Sunday Express

would rather Ba for 7m and reasonable wages than Ade for what would be a lot more.

If Ba was given the amount of chances Ade has we would have scored 10+ more goals this year.

cue argument for Ade's link-up play...

Regarding incomings in the Summer.

Sahin will be available for a nice cheap fee and a midfield trio of Sahin-Modric-Parker next season would turn me on.
LLorente/Rossi
Hoilett would be decent cover on the wings.
Jan from Ajax would be a nice CB to have on the books.
Krul from Saudi Sportswashing Machine.

That would be a nice transfer window.

He would be perfect as a replacment for King, he can also play LB as well.

I've got no idea what this sahin is like but we need to sign someone as competition for luka, not to play alongside him. Given other people's opinions of sahin the idea of signing him would be as cover for luka, not playing alongside him.

I've got no idea what this sahin is like but we need to sign someone as competition for luka, not to play alongside him. Given other people's opinions of sahin the idea of signing him would be as cover for luka, not playing alongside him.

I don't quite understand that Mourinho shouldn't rate Sahin, I thought Mourinho had pretty much control of the Real transfer business, and they did sign him last summer. However, Sahin's favoured position would be as a slightly deeper playmaker. Alonso plays that role for Real, tough man to displace.

I don't think we can sign Sahin as "competition", guessing he wants to start most games if we do sign him. I thought he was arguably the best player in the Bundesliga last season, dicating play for the champions (Dortmund) from central midfield.

I don't quite understand that Mourinho shouldn't rate Sahin, I thought Mourinho had pretty much control of the Real transfer business, and they did sign him last summer.

Definitely a Mourinho signing, believe there was some talk of some of his signings having the same agent as him
Ozil, Khedira, Sahin, Altintop .. Lot of inside dealings in football

Last season, definitely.

This season, no. We rely in him so much more these days.

If Modric isnt playing, we arent fluent at all, we arent getting results.

Last year I think our win % was actually better without him!

a different manager may change this. We need to be able to change personnel but still play a fluid and creative passing game. This is what the bigger clubs are capable of

Flavour of the week(end), some would say he's not much different from Giovani though.
Better make sure he fit the manager

Not really, he has been a well known talent well before he came to England. Wenger rates him very highly and with him recovering well from his injury we could well be seeing the start of great things from him in this country. Very technically gifted......

Definitely a Mourinho signing, believe there was some talk of some of his signings having the same agent as him
Ozil, Khedira, Sahin, Altintop .. Lot of inside dealings in football

Mourinho is very hit and miss in the transfer market. He's a great coach but if I was his chairman, I would want someone else buying the players.

Ballague was talking about sahin last week on revisita as it happens. Apparently mourinho was surprised how weak he was when he arrived and will definitely be sold in the summer.

Back