• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Thread

If Hazard signs for us and becomes a legend, please dont start crying when I remind you all of the things you said about him.......I wont be able to resist giving you all the clowns custard pie treatment.

(Note: This was only said in half jest)

If Bale did the same tomorrow fans would most likely break into Chigwell and demand a public beheading

It's nice when our players are nice people. But being an exceptional footballer is still the most important thing. I like it when I hear Ekotto and Bale speak, but their quality on the pitch is what matters most. I would rather we had an arrogant outstanding player than someone good, but nice.

If Bale had been an arrogant bastard, but still as good as he is I'm sure we would have found a way to love him.

I also think a bit of arrogance is a good thing and helpful.

I also think people are a bit too quick at judging young players as arrogant and so on, it's the same with most players. And most of them get a bit more reflected as they get a bit older like most other people in the world. There are exceptions, players that even at a young age are very highly rated and successful, but remain grounded. Players like Bale and Messi, but if were only going to buy players like that we could hardly buy anyone in the world.

It's nice when our players are nice people. But being an exceptional footballer is still the most important thing. I like it when I hear Ekotto and Bale speak, but their quality on the pitch is what matters most. I would rather we had an arrogant outstanding player than someone good, but nice.

If Bale had been an arrogant bastard, but still as good as he is I'm sure we would have found a way to love him.

I also think a bit of arrogance is a good thing and helpful.

I also think people are a bit too quick at judging young players as arrogant and so on, it's the same with most players. And most of them get a bit more reflected as they get a bit older like most other people in the world. There are exceptions, players that even at a young age are very highly rated and successful, but remain grounded. Players like Bale and Messi, but if were only going to buy players like that we could hardly buy anyone in the world.

come on ffs get real. He is sat there, got a video done with a bunch of placard's, pretending to decide on who he has the choice of while still under contract to the club that pays his weekly wage.

you think thats ok, as long as he does his football on the pitch ?

absoulte fudging tosh.

come on ffs get real. He is sat there, got a video done with a bunch of placard's, pretending to decide on who he has the choice of while still under contract to the club that pays his weekly wage.

you think thats ok, as long as he does his football on the pitch ?

absoulte fudging tosh.

Like people have already pointed out, this might not be something Lille has any issue with. They might even be behind it, who knows? They are likely to want to cash in on him sooner or later and building him up isn't going to hurt them.

More than that though, he's a kid who just turned 21. He has had a lot of footballing success, being constantly praised by press, fans, managers and random people. At 21 he has 26 senior international caps for Beligium, he is probably already on massive money compared to what any "normal" person makes and is likely to be on absurd money based on almost any standards. He is being linked to some of the best football clubs in the world and regularly has tens of thousands of people chanting his name and applauding him live.

I don't know how I would have reacted in that situation at that age, and I find it a bit harsh to come down very hard on him for something like this.

I did - everyting has been related to the original discussion topic of the hypthetical scenario of AVB vs Rogers and their respective success / failures. I understood the first time how much you rate the former but that was not my question

Anyway, enough with this.

This is the transfer rumour thread mate, this has no place here. If you want to get involved in an 8 page debate regarding the pros and cons of various managers who may one day be at the helm I'm up for it though ;)

As for Rossi, I'd love to have him here, seems like he could do with a fresh start all respect to Villarreal but I'm not sure what's really happened to them recently...

Don't think there is space in the squad for him and Defoe though, If Rossi could come in on the cheap with Defoe leaving for a fair amount and we brought in more of a target man type I'd be very very happy.

Don't think Rossi should really be playing in the Euros though, as hard as it may be to make that decision, if he sits this one out and regains fitness he could play in numerous competitions for his country, if he forces himself to play this one he could fudge himself up big time.

This is the transfer rumour thread mate, this has no place here. If you want to get involved in an 8 page debate regarding the pros and cons of various managers who may one day be at the helm I'm up for it though ;)

As for Rossi, I'd love to have him here, seems like he could do with a fresh start all respect to Villarreal but I'm not sure what's really happened to them recently...

Don't think there is space in the squad for him and Defoe though, If Rossi could come in on the cheap with Defoe leaving for a fair amount and we brought in more of a target man type I'd be very very happy.

Don't think Rossi should really be playing in the Euros though, as hard as it may be to make that decision, if he sits this one out and regains fitness he could play in numerous competitions for his country, if he forces himself to play this one he could fudge himself up big time.

Yeah. What came over me to post an actual transfer rumour inthe transfer rumour thread. I must have lost my mind there for a while. Actually it is hard to tell what the bloody threads are about in this place at the moment. I keep having to scroll back to the title to make sure I'm the right place half the time.

As for Rossi, you are right. He really is in the same bracket as Defoe and from what I have seen of him playing has a better all round game. Defoe has particular strengths but Rossi has turned into a better overall player IMHO.

How about the lad Julio Cesar from Inter Milan?

He has lost some of his form but maybe he needs a move to revitalise his career and please don't compare him to Gomes as Cesar is much better.

Back