• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Thread

Good lord, lol, that video is bordering on being so far up your own arse and showing what kind of person he seems to think he is, and being a complete c0ck.

I'd go for a mixture of the two. I'd still sign him though lol.

Cmon peeps we all know who is being groomed for the WHL hotseat!

article-0-11ABCA8D000005DC-707_468x365.jpg

we havent had much luck with the Portuguese over the years

Jose Dominguez
Helder Postiga
Ricardo Rocha

Nani told us to fcuk off and went to Utd instead, Cristiano always seemed to score against us. Harry had a dodgy Portuguese meal one time

AVB would just add to the list of unhappy associations with all things Portuguese

Parrett played in the U-20 world cup just last summer so can't be doing that badly.

I just haven't been impressed whenever I've seen him, just not sure what sort of player he is. You'll know far better than me, but I don't think he's excelled at any of his lower league loans has he and a few times he's been no more than a fringe player.

But at the same - your logic suggests AVB is brick only after 8 months in the PL while Rogers is the second coming of Jesus based on the exact same amout of time in a team with zero pressure or any real expectations of success.

At least the former has achieved reasonable continental success

There is now way we can conclsuively confirm AVB is a brick manager based on such a short spell and in the post he was in

Once again, arguing points I have not made.

I have never called AVB brick. Not once.

You didnt even read the post did you?

I did - many times in fact.

I fully understand your apparent infatuation with Rogers' team but in addition to that there was an underlying message of AVB coming short and failing during his 8 month tenure which in return is a signal or concern for future employers. So - how can we objectively give Rogers the benefit of the doubt for playinh good footie over such a short period of time (not even a full season) but then banish AVB for coming short and playing 'odd' in a similar time span

Last edited:
I just haven't been impressed whenever I've seen him, just not sure what sort of player he is. You'll know far better than me, but I don't think he's excelled at any of his lower league loans has he and a few times he's been no more than a fringe player.

Misconception, mostly because of Bostock's failures more than anything and the association he has with him with both being youth players we've spent a bit of money on and having a higher expectation to succeed and break into the first team at a younger age.

I actually covered this a couple of days ago in the loans thread. The only unsuccessful loan he had was last year with Plymouth where he was played out of position, his subsequent loans to Charlton in the same season and Yeovil this year have been good. If anything Tom Carroll has had a worse loan spell this year with Derby than Parrett did with Plymouth however isn't mentioned in the same breath.

Parrett still has time on his side, only turned 20 a few months ago. That said he needs to be aiming for a Championship loan next season.

I did - many times in fact.

I fully understand your apparent infatuation with Rogers' team but in addition to that there was an underlying message of AVB coming short and failing during his 8 month tenure which in return is a signal or concern for future employers. So - how can we objectively give Rogers the benefit of the doubt for playinh good footie over such a short period of time (not even a full season) but then banish AVB for coming short and playing 'odd' in a similar time span

I dont believe you have actually read any of the posts you are replying to. If you have then very clearly you do not understand the POV they contain.

Substantially misrepresenting the views I have posted here time and again.

I may have to ask you to stop addressing me on the matter if you insist on fabricating points to reply to.

In the EPL AVBs system just did not work, neither did his management style. Thats not to say it will never work, just that the only example we have is that it didnt

After 8 months in the PL

I think at this point he has shown enough to suggest he is an exciting manager with something about him.

After 8 months in the PL

AVB was fantastically successful with Porto, firstly well done but it was with Porto in Portugal, secondly he has shown so far he cannot translate that to England.

Of the two, right now I would choose Rodgers to manage Spurs

After 8 months in the PL

I'm simply trying to demonstrate to you the reverse logic can be applied against Rogers and suggest he's only had 8 months in a no-pressure environment so there is little indication that he is any better or worse than AVB. Do you understand my point?

If not - let's leave it at that - but it was you who again quoted my initial post to naturally disagree and again display remarkable resilience (borderline stuborness) in the subsequent 'debate' to even attempt and understand what I'm suggesting in return resorting to your standard ammo of mounting the high horse and chosing to leave the argument on the pre-text of 'fabrication' of points. Oh well.

And you fail. Im not getting drawn into this rubbish with you, please do not engage me on this subject again.

I will debate with anyone, so long as there is a back and forth - a mutual understanding of views. You have consistently misrepresented mine and even now entirely miss the point of the posts I have made. Clearly it is a waste of time.

Good lord, lol, that video is bordering on being so far up your own arse and showing what kind of person he seems to think he is, and being a complete c0ck.

I'd go for a mixture of the two. I'd still sign him though lol.

A bit of arrogance rarely hurts attacking flair players with loads of potential. No signs of him going to far with it Taraabt style so no worries.

Back