• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Thread

The Scottish connection is a real issue for you isnt it? The comparison is simple, winning a lower quality league with the richest club (or one of) when there really isnt a great deal of competition. It really is that simple.

How is the PL any different? Did Mourinho/Ancelotti did the equivalent of winning the SPL with Celtic?

So do you take a guy who can do it in an inferior league with a superior team, or do you give more credit to the guy doing it in the superior league with the inferior team?

Rogers needs at least 2 full seasons with Swansea in the PL to prove he can do it with an inferior team - same way Phil Brown tried. Anything less than that wouldn't yield objective results to judge his ability on, imv

If AVB was given a 3-year guaranteed contract - who knows what could have happened. Instead most of the foreign manager-hating cnuting media dug into him from day one and slowly erodited his credibility.

Whoever comes in next - he needs to be given time and unconditional support for a minimum of 3-4 years and supported through potentially difiicult transition periods. As fans we must accept that and bear with it

Last edited:
So Rodgers has to have 2 successfull seasons in the EPL but AVB is the better candidate right now?

But at the same - your logic suggests AVB is brick only after 8 months in the PL while Rogers is the second coming of Jesus based on the exact same amout of time in a team with zero pressure or any real expectations of success.

At least the former has achieved reasonable continental success

There is now way we can conclsuively confirm AVB is a brick manager based on such a short spell and in the post he was in

Lille is backing this for no other reason than to drive his price up. Give the kid a break. If you want to be mad at anybody, be mad at Lille. Hazard is a class player.

Totally agree with this actually...Lille can smell the bidding war.

If AVB was given a 3-year guaranteed contract - who knows what could have happened. Instead most of the foreign manager-hating cnuting media dug into him from day one and slowly erodited his credibility.

I think its more the case that the media dont hate foreign managers, more that they just fawn over the likes of Lampard and Terry.

If you are an enemy of Lampard, you are an enemy of The Sun!

Whoever comes in next - he needs to be given time and unconditional support for a minimum of 3-4 years and supported through potentially difiicult transition periods. As fans we must accept that and bear with it

In principle I like the idea. In practice I just dont think it works.

While I agree clubs are often to hasty to sack a manager, I also think patience and support needs to be earned, not given blindly.

For example, your manager is not getting results and the team looks like brick - time to worry

your manager is not getting results but you can see his ideas and methods bedding in, have patience, its transition...

In the case of either Rodgers or AVB, they both have some common traits. If we gave one the job we would be giving it to a meticulous person, with a set system of play to employ, who would need time to get the players to buy into it and adopt it fully. In either case there would certainly be a transitional phase, with wobbly form. Im happy to take that on, personally, so long as I can see things changing for the positive.

With Rodgers and Swansea its been a great partnership. With AVB and Chelsea the opposite. I think in either case its pretty obvious which is/was working and which isnt. If it looks like it is working then great, patience a plenty

ok then, Fatih Terim. Has done all AVB has done and more

get
him
in

Millwall will search their fans for Turkey flags when they play Leeds on Saturday to avoid a repeat of last season's taunts over the two United fans stabbed to death in Istanbul in 2000.

After all the good feeling with how well the staff/fans of Bolton/Us acted and the football community as a whole responded to the horrible events last week I guess it's back to business as usual...

Half-man / half-owl is Chelski through and through and a glorified yes man. Don't want him anywhere near our club

:ross:

di_matteo_1468952a.jpg

But at the same - your logic suggests AVB is brick only after 8 months in the PL while Rogers is the second coming of Jesus based on the exact same amout of time in a team with zero pressure or any real expectations of success.

At least the former has achieved reasonable continental success

There is now way we can conclsuively confirm AVB is a brick manager based on such a short spell and in the post he was in

Its a pointless comparison. Rodgers has been at swansea for 2 years with a bunch of championship players, AVB inherited a team of self important tacos who think they run the team for 8 months.

no wonder there were communication problems at chelsea under AVB and RDM

images

3590335.png

It would be sweet if we were to end up with AVB and he absolutely stormed it and won the league with us.:ross:

In principle I like the idea. In practice I just dont think it works.

While I agree clubs are often to hasty to sack a manager, I also think patience and support needs to be earned, not given blindly.

For example, your manager is not getting results and the team looks like brick - time to worry

your manager is not getting results but you can see his ideas and methods bedding in, have patience, its transition...

In the case of either Rodgers or AVB, they both have some common traits. If we gave one the job we would be giving it to a meticulous person, with a set system of play to employ, who would need time to get the players to buy into it and adopt it fully. In either case there would certainly be a transitional phase, with wobbly form. Im happy to take that on, personally, so long as I can see things changing for the positive.

With Rodgers and Swansea its been a great partnership. With AVB and Chelsea the opposite. I think in either case its pretty obvious which is/was working and which isnt. If it looks like it is working then great, patience a plenty

So what do you suggest we should do then?

We seem to have got our fingers burnt a bit in regard to these sort of signings in recent years. Parrett and Bostock spring immediately to mind, hopefully the likes of Coubillay and Cebellos go in a different direction.

Parrett played in the U-20 world cup just last summer so can't be doing that badly.

Its not like AVB and Rodgers are the last two managers on the face of the earth. People are thrashing out terms like they are our only options...

Its not like AVB and Rodgers are the last two managers on the face of the earth. People are thrashing out terms like they are our only options...

Not so much about the names per se - simply two good examples on both extremes as far as board 'patience', relative success, and transition plans are concerned.

Back