• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Thread

What a turd but at the same time - completely understandable and expected.

Now can we please change that cringeworthy thread title, please!

It would be similar if people suggest these guys BECAUSE they managed a few wins over Wigan and Bolton.

However, if someone suggests these guys (or anyone else) because they believe in their management ability and potential then you do them a disservice

Phil Brown (born 30 May 1959) managed memorable away wins over Arsenal, Tottenham and Saudi Sportswashing Machine duiring his first PL season. In addition they held Emirates Marketing Project, Liverpool and Chelsea to a draw at Anfield and Stamford Bridge respectively.

He also had amassed 33 points at this point in the season compared to Swansea's 39.

Up to now Rogers' stand out results are home wins against Arsenal and Emirates Marketing Project - the rest are wins against bottom half cloggers and imploding teams in freefall. Nothing spectacular of note.

Part of their perceived success is the fact they've most likely approached this season with no pressure or expectations whatsoever (much like most PL debutants would do naturally) and the manager most likely tells them to go out and enjoy themselves. Pumped from the adrenalin of competing the world's richest league they have nothing to lose and come out flying. Happens every year. Happens in many leagues. Happens on many levels. But then the second season comes when the true grit is tested.

However - be that as it may - these are not the objectives at a club of our scale and aspirations - regular CL participants and on a reasonable level/time lapse - title contenders. The pressure of delivering results for a club of our stature is quite different to telling overachieving average-to-brick players to go out, have some fun and enjoy the run. Thier first 4 PL games yielded a grand total of 2 points including a crushing defeat at City. The fans would be on his back demanding blood if he started off our season on a similar note and that is a fact. Can he cope with the pressure of a big club?

You keep on banging how Rogers (if indeed chosen) should be given time to build and carry out his plan, vision and managing ideas then the following sentence knock down AVB for attempting the exact same thing at probably the 2nd, most difficult managerial job in the world. Righto. SAF was battling for years before the cogs kicked in, not sacked after 2 successive defeats and a draw. And that is exactly a reflection of society's complete and total degratation to a sub-primate level of demanding instant success and gratification. I want it 'now'! I want to shag now! I want to be rich now! I want my low self-esteem comforting junk-food now! I want my club to win the CL now! So unless he won the treble with Chelsea this season he'd be deemed a trenchcoat overhyped clown? Are these the parameters of success? Is Ancelotti a failure? It is all contextual

AVB's Porto played much more attractive and attacking football last season than the mighty Swansea do at the moment, crushed teams both in Portugal and Europe while players smashed UEFA's goal-scoring records with a bang. And no - it is not the equivalent of winning the SPL as much you'd try and convince yourself it is, while at the same time ignoring his considerable Europa League success.

To conclude - your main points of argument for Rogers are in direct contradiction to exactly what AVB has done and subsequently attempted to do at Chelsea. Meaning - if you are prepared to give some random football 'nobody' (who's been living off those Mourinho quotes for years now) a chance to carry out his project - then by the same logic it makes no sense whatsoever to deny someone like AVB (for example) the opportunity of doing the same. I don't care if either come but a level playing field should be given to all prospective managers

Last edited:
TRANSFER GOSSIP

France coach Laurent Blanc has emerged as the leading contender to be the next Chelsea manager, should preferred targets Pep Guardiola and Jose Mourinho prove beyond reach.

Full story: the Times (subscription required)

Manchester United are set to sign Crystal Palace defender Nathaniel Clyne, 20, when his contract expires this summer, and will throw in ?ú2.5m to avoid a tribunal.

Full story: Metro

Arsenal are reportedly monitoring Emirates Marketing Project's Bosnia international forward Edin Dzeko, 26, as Gunners boss Arsene Wenger scouts possible attacking additions this summer.

Full story: Caught offside
France national football team's head coach Laurent Blanc

Laurent Blanc took charge of the France national team in 2010

Chelsea will have to fight to keep defender David Luiz this summer, with Barcelona preparing to offer ?ú35m for the Brazil defender.

Full story: Daily Mail

Manchester United have launched a second bid of around ?ú20m for Benfica midfielder Nico Gaitan , 24, according to sources in Portugal.

Full story: talkSPORT

Highly rated Liverpool winger Raheem Sterling , 17, could quit in the summer over frustration at a lack of first-team opportunities, with his mum wanting him to return to his native London, where Tottenham are watching events.

Full story: Daily Mirror

Paris Saint-Germain captain Mamadou Sakho , 22, has urged the club to move for Chelsea striker Didier Drogba.

Full story: Inside Futbol
OTHER GOSSIP

Former Sampdoria and Italy team-mate Gianluca Vialli says Roberto Mancini has what it takes to lift the Premier League title for Emirates Marketing Project.

Full story: talkSPORT

Emirates Marketing Project playmaker Samir Nasri, 24, bizarrely claims he wants title rivals Manchester United to keep winning over the next few weeks.

Full story: Daily Mirror

Millwall will search their fans for Turkey flags when they play Leeds on Saturday to avoid a repeat of last season's taunts over the two United fans stabbed to death in Istanbul in 2000.

Full story: Daily Mail
AND FINALLY

Amateur football club Wheel Power, leaders of the Torbay Sunday League, inflicted what's believed to be the heaviest defeat in British history - beating Nova 2010 FC 58-0.

whats he done to warrant this abuse?

Lille know he will leave, they are in full agreement. All they stipulate is that he doesnt join another French club, especially moneybags PSG.

Its well known that Spurs were negotiating with them during Jan (JJetset knew), other clubs im sure have had a word or two with them and the player too

we will find out soon enough where his destination will be. Whilst we are in a CL place, we have as much chance as anyone. Hazard has a big decision to make. He will be offered fortunes by the likes of R Madrid and Emirates Marketing Project and they will be hard to resist, but he has said himself he doesnt want to join a club and just sit on the bench. Time will tell

It would be between us and Arse, imv - none of the other G-8 can accommodate him as anything more than a squad player and he would most likely regress in such context

We seem to have got our fingers burnt a bit in regard to these sort of signings in recent years. Parrett and Bostock spring immediately to mind, hopefully the likes of Coubillay and Cebellos go in a different direction.

That video is just very very bizarre.

I don't think he'd impress any of the other suitors (Ferguson, Mancini etc) with that either.

Phil Brown (born 30 May 1959) managed memorable away wins over Arsenal, Tottenham and Saudi Sportswashing Machine duiring his first PL season. In addition they held Emirates Marketing Project, Liverpool and Chelsea to a draw at Anfield and Stamford Bridge respectively.

He also had amassed 33 points at this point in the season compared to Swansea's 39.

Up to now Rogers' stand out results are home wins against Arsenal and Emirates Marketing Project - the rest are wins against bottom half cloggers and imploding teams in freefall. Nothing spectacular of note.

Part of their perceived success is the fact they've most likely approached this season with no pressure or expectations whatsoever (much like most PL debutants would do naturally) and the manager most likely tells them to go out and enjoy themselves. Pumped from the adrenalin of competing the world's richest league they have nothing to lose and come out flying. Happens every year. Happens in many leagues. Happens on many levels. But then the second season comes when the true grit is tested.

However - be that as it may - these are not the objectives at a club of our scale and aspirations - regular CL participants and on a reasonable level/time lapse - tite contenders. The pressure of delivering results for a club of our stature is quite different to telling overachieving average-to-brick players to go out, have some fun and enjoy the run. Thier first 4 PL games yielded a grand total of 2 points including a crushing defeat at City. The fans would be on his back demanding blood if he started off our season on a similar note and that is a fact. Can he cope with the pressure of a big club?

You keep on banging how Rogers (if indeed chosen) should be given time to build and carry out his plan, vision and managing ideas then the following sentence knock down AVB for attempting the exact same thing at probably the 2nd, most difficult managerial job in the world. Righto. SAF was battling for years before the cogs kicked in, not sacked after 2 successive defeats and a draw. And that is exactly a reflection of society's complete and total degratation to a sub-primate level of demanding instant success and gratification. I want it 'now'! I want to shag now! I want to be rich now! I want my low self-esteem comforting junk-food now! I want my club to win the CL now! So unless he won the treble with Chelsea this season he'd be deemed a trenchcoat overhyped clown? Are these the parameters of success? Is Ancelotti a failure? It is all contextual

AVB's Porto played much more attractive and attacking football last season that the mighty Swansea do at the moment, crushed teams both in Portugal and Europe while players smashed UEFA's goal-scoring records with a bang. And no - it is not the equivalent of winning the SPL as much you'd try and convince yourself it is, while at the same ignoring his considerable Europa League success.

To conclude - your main points of argument for Rogers are in direct contradiction to exactly what AVB has done and subsequently attempted to do at Chelsea. Meaning - if you are prepared to give some random football 'nobody' (who's been living off those Mourinho quotes for years now) a chance to carry out his project - then by the same logic it makes no sense whatsoever to deny someone like AVB (for example) the opportunity of doing the same. I don't care if either come but a level playing field should be given to all prospective managers

Clear evidence that you have absolutely no idea why I like Rodgers. Amusing really that you go to such lengths to argue points I havent made.

To play along though...

AVBs success with the Europa league has been noted many times. All credit to him for that. He didnt, however, just steamroller the entire competition. Villareal for example should really have knocked them out. They didnt, Porto won, well done.

The Scottish connection is a real issue for you isnt it? The comparison is simple, winning a lower quality league with the richest club (or one of) when there really isnt a great deal of competition. It really is that simple.

That he set records, great again, but context needs to be applied.

I disagree that they played better football, but thats personal preference. IMO 9 times out of 10 they just steam rollered inferior opposition.

In the EPL AVBs system just did not work, neither did his management style. Thats not to say it will never work, just that the only example we have is that it didnt.

So do you take a guy who can do it in an inferior league with a superior team, or do you give more credit to the guy doing it in the superior league with the inferior team?

Back