• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Thread

Hazard 25 mill

Adebayor 15 mill

Drogba Free

thats the kinda business that will interest Redknapp or Mourinho

Do you really believe we have already lined up a new coach for next season? all is agreed and all that? I dont.

I believe Levy is nobodies fool, that he would have been keeping tabs on possible replacements all along and would have stepped up those efforts the second he got wind of Redknapp potentially leaving.

Which, lets be honest, many here predicted a year or more ago, and Levy would be well positioned to have a headstart on us who only consume public knowledge.

Do I think Mourinho is joining next season? No, I have no idea what will happen and nothing to base any meaningful opinion on.

Do I think if Harry was leaving Levy would know? Yes, absolutely, even if we dont.

Do I think if Harry was leaving Levy would be looking far and wide for a successor now? Yes, absolutely

Do I think Levy would do a deal to have that manager signed up for the summer? Of course, if he could.

it's said we offer 8m to bricky for Ade...considering we last sign a 10m+ player was when we got Keano back from Liverpool

not very optimistic we will pay over the board, even for a young talent like Hazard...who is small built and described by his own national team coach as lazy.

The potential problem with Hazard signing if Arry is not staying is that it may mean no warchest for a new manager. If we are to bring in someone top notch like Mourniho then no doubt they'll expect lots of money to spend?

The potential problem with Hazard signing if Arry is not staying is that it may mean no warchest for a new manager. If we are to bring in someone top notch like Mourniho then no doubt they'll expect lots of money to spend?

Right, so wouldn't that suggest the possibility of Harry staying?

Does anyone else see this a blatant whoring and basically saying 'come and get me anyone from England' kind of statement?

I believe Levy is nobodies fool, that he would have been keeping tabs on possible replacements all along and would have stepped up those efforts the second he got wind of Redknapp potentially leaving.

Which, lets be honest, many here predicted a year or more ago, and Levy would be well positioned to have a headstart on us who only consume public knowledge.

Do I think Mourinho is joining next season? No, I have no idea what will happen and nothing to base any meaningful opinion on.

Do I think if Harry was leaving Levy would know? Yes, absolutely, even if we dont.

Do I think if Harry was leaving Levy would be looking far and wide for a successor now? Yes, absolutely

Do I think Levy would do a deal to have that manager signed up for the summer? Of course, if he could.

Of course Levy is looking if he knows Harry is going.

My point was that there is no way Levy has told Hazard: " The next manager is ... Klinsmann" for example.

Well, if you remove all the flimflam weasel wording - he's basically announced he prefers England and is ready to move.

I dunno why but i hate any reference to Oxlaide-Chamberlain as "the ox", just reminds me of when smug gooners were telling me how "JET" was the next big thing....

he is at Ipswich currently haha, another amazing youth player who was going to rule the PL

The French media has to think Tottenham is in the equation before they can ask the question in the first place - after all, we're not exactly the most obvious candidate for him. Imo, the agent has leaked the suggestion to the media, so they've heard this rumor and decided to ask him. Hazard may prefer us at least tentatively, but no doubt Lille would prefer a sheikh to come in with some major dough rather than Daniel Levy.

Well, if you remove all the flimflam weasel wording - he's basically announced he prefers England and is ready to move.

It depends how accurate the translation is really. All the top news sites seem to differ slightly on the wording which changes the meaning really..

Though i agree with the sentiment of what you are saying...

Funny we are at 22 pages already and seems some way off from signing him. This could reach 500 pages before he actually signs (hopefully with us)

The French media has to think Tottenham is in the equation before they can ask the question in the first place - after all, we're not exactly the most obvious candidate for him. Imo, the agent has leaked the suggestion to the media, so they've heard this rumor and decided to ask him. Hazard may prefer us at least tentatively, but no doubt Lille would prefer a sheikh to come in with some major dough rather than Daniel Levy.

It all started last night with France Football, the best french source, saying that he had agreed terms with us, and that only the fee between the two clubs had to discussed.

It all started last night with France Football, the best french source, saying that he had agreed terms with us, and that only the fee between the two clubs had to discussed.

Nothing from the newspapers lequipe yet though. And they would publish something if there was anything happening.

Funny we are at 22 pages already and seems some way off from signing him. This could reach 500 pages before he actually signs (hopefully with us)

This forum went well over a thousand pages anticipating a decent striker signing, over summer 2010, January 2011, and Summer 2011, before Ade finally arrived. 500 is peanuts. ;)

This to me seems accurate.

However, for there to be any truth us actually being close to signing Hazard we would need to either be in a situation where Harry has agreed to stay or Levy has accepted that Harry will go and found a replacement. I think both of those are unlikely so I strongly doubt that there is any more to these rumours than Hazard just saying that Spurs would be one of many clubs he would be interested in moving to.

Back