• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Thread

100% that!

he won't even consider coming if we ain't in the CL... (and I'd 'HAZARD' a guess that it would have to be automatic qualification at that... he;s not gonna risk us going out in the qualifier!! ...fudging GLORY HUNTING-SUCCESS-ON-A-PLATE MERCENARY!!!)

It's still early stages, so let's not shoot our load just yet....

On the issue of how to afford and fit him in, he's clearly not a replacement for Modric (very diff positions) and I highly doubt we will let Bale go this summer, so I suspect one or two out of Lennon, Niko, and VdV will be sold. Unless we got a great offer from a non-PL club I'd be disappointed if we let any of them go , but Hazard is younger than all three and potentially better. I just don't want the likes of Liverpool or Saudi Sportswashing Machine to nip in and snatch Lennon at an undervalued price; if Downing is worth 20m Lennon is easily worth 30m+, but we haven't played him enough of late so his hype's gone.

Another possibility is that we'll change formation to more wing strikers, so we could sell Defoe this summer, sign Ade perm and just go with Ade as first choice, Saha (probably only fit one-third of the season anyways), and some young developing lone striker (Damiao? unless his ship has sailed..). This would probably be Levy's preference, given Defoe's age.

Then we'd have Bale, Hazard, Lennon, Niko, and VdV for three AM positions, selling off the likes of Townsend, GDS, maybe Falque, and other fringe attackers. I personally feel that's doable if we are determined to forge ahead in both PL and CL challenges. Last season we didn't have enough depth and nous to rotate effectively, which cost us in both competitions, but for next season we must be smarter and rotate to juggle multiple big competitions a la Man United.

...I just don't want the likes of Liverpool or Saudi Sportswashing Machine to nip in and snatch Lennon at an undervalued price; if Downing is worth 20m Lennon is easily worth 30m+, but we haven't played him enough of late so his hype's gone.

Have you heard of Levy? :barnet:

If we get hazard i can't see it being anything other than a 4-3-3 with Hazard and Bale playing either side of Ade / new striker with Modric playing the Xavi role, Parker the busquets(sp) role and VDV playing the attacking midfield role (Iniesta).

Just to add im not comparing them to any of the Barca players just a similar formation.

If we get hazard i can't see it being anything other than a 4-3-3 with Hazard and Bale playing either side of Ade / new striker with Modric playing the Xavi role, Parker the busquets(sp) role and VDV playing the attacking midfield role (Iniesta).

Just to add im not comparing them to any of the Barca players just a similar formation.

Or, when we need to play teams which Harry would rather se 5 foot under, a central midfield three of Sandro, Parker and Huddlestone.

That'll teach them.

We could make it an official threat: If teams kick VdV and Modric in the opening minutes, we'll replace them with Huddlestone and Sandro.

Plasterers...............radio...............

i really cant underestand how people can easily be so closed minded about this 433 thing. can anyone explain why we are more likely to play 433 as opposed to something else?

i really cant underestand how people can easily be so closed minded about this 433 thing. can anyone explain why we are more likely to play 433 as opposed to something else?

I think they are trying to state that if we have more players that fit into a 433, we will play a 433.

Myself? I think these type of football formations are extremely limited and don't really show much compared to how the players actually play.

I keep on saying that Hazard can play anywhere, as a n??10, a left or right winger and yet still some try and find problems with tactics.

Lets wait till he signs before talking about tactics. Hazard can play on the wing in a 442, or behind the striker in a 451.

JJetset seems pretty confident that Harry's staying by the way.

JJetset is a frickin legend.

JJetset knew

i read somewhere that Redknapp is waiting for Levy to make an offer of a new contract before he considers anything offered by the FA. Levy wants to wait till the end of the season before doing anything

I still think its unlikely, but maybe just maybe Redknapp wants to carry on managing the golden generation at Tottenham and will turn his back on England for a couple of more years. He will be 66 in 2014, so he might be offered the job after England perform dismally in Brazil

"Really can't see him going to Spurs, they have a more rigid wage structure than we do and they are not the sort of club who deal with talent very well"

What goes through these gooners minds :lol:

The bitterness from them & scousers over this potential signing is hilarious;how dare little old Spurs be able to attract such a player...

that just sounds amazing. a-may-zing.

Because its obvious and convenient, and nice and symetrical?

Genuinely I dont believe Ive seen the player play, I have no idea what he is like or where he is best deployed.

Youtube tells me he likes dribbling and looks greedy. Im not sure how conclusive that might be though! lol.

Back