• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Thread

65 pages on this topic on an Arsenal forum.

How dare Spurs get linked with a quality young talent when all young talent JUST HAS TO PLAY FOR THE ROYAL ARSENAL, BEST TEAM EVER.

Are all online gooners teenagers that started to support their team post-Wenger and are feeling a little delicate post-Invincibles?

Post "invincibles" was nearly 10yrs ago. They are feeling delicate because they now realise that mocking the idea of us overtaking them has come back to smash them in their smug little faces

How dare Spurs get linked with a quality young talent when all young talent JUST HAS TO PLAY FOR THE ROYAL ARSENAL, BEST TEAM EVER.

Are all online gooners teenagers that started to support their team post-Wenger and are feeling a little delicate post-Invincibles?

Yes

Even if this reeks a bit like the Morientes and Sock saga, it is very interesting to see that we finally looks a better transfer target than may other top clubs. Levy has also repeatedly said that there are funds available for that "special" signing, and even if I don't know much at all about this Hazard fella the sheer amount of interest surely has to count for something?

The thing I like most is that his reputation seems firmly rooted in his individual potential, as opposed to the Pav/Arshavin or even worse the Schevchenko/Rebrov partnerships, and that he looks like he can cover all midfield positions. But again I don't know the facts here.

But what I don't like is the suggestions about that Hazard arriving will "force out" any of our present players. I have admitted to maybe liking Lennon more that what is healthy, but as said by many it will (hopefully) be a long season next year and everyone will figure at some point. Add to that the fact than Lennon seldom goes through an entire season without some injury break of sorts.

What would be truly devastating though, would be if Modric left. While Hazard could probably cover the positions of Bale, Lennon and VdV very well, very few can do what Modric does for us. He is unbelievable at keeping possession, taking pressure off the team and spotting players all over the field. Not saying there is any causality at all, but if we need to sell Modric to fund Hazard, I'd for one rather see we sat that one out. They way we play now, Modric is truly irreplaceable, in my opinion of course.

You're right, hazard would never be a modric replacement. Very hard to replace Modric as you're saying. And Xavi is 32.. looking tired.. Barcelona could be after him..

that's a 4-6-0 tactic. It was considered a cheat tactic on football manager live because the cb's would be getting dragged all over the place and there was nothing you could do about it. I think holland played that tactic a few times back in the day.

Some over there considered 4123 a cheat tactic too. Ridiculous shouts of "no one plays 433 in real life".
An awful lot of people just wanted to play 442 Manager Live.

Would people say that Barca's 4-3-3 is a 4-6-0? I think that this would work really well with ourselves with someone like Hazard or Bale as the false 9, given that they can both receive the ball from deep or play off the shoulder. Roma played a very similar formation too with Totti as their sole attacking fulcrum with the wingers bombing on past him.
4-6-0 would create some amazing football.
Ah of course. Roma definately played 4-6-0 and bar a do to an extent.

You're right, hazard would never be a modric replacement. Very hard to replace Modric as you're saying. And Xavi is 32.. looking tired.. Barcelona could be after him..

They already have fabregas and a wonder kid in thiago alcantara. Shtay awaaayy from sheh mooodrich!

They are in denial

but why does it have to be obvious and nice and symmetrical? why cant it just be more fluid, dynamic, balanced with plenty of options that offers the most threat? who is to say that this isnt the style that would suit us and this boy to the ground?

Dude you are preaching to the choir, Im just saying - people like convenience and an obvious 'fit'

Of course, that would be possible but signs make me believe thats not the case. But maybe you're right, i just dont think its all happening like that.

What signs? Why?

Lets be honest mate, neither of us could possibly know what is going on behind closed doors - only supposed based on the little we do know

Im pessimistic about this happening as well too. It feels too much like the Rivaldo/Diego potential signings.

as far as i can remember with the Rivaldo signing - we didn't have him coming out saying he was interested and had spoken with the club and that we were in negotiations with his about a transfer - just remember him coming out and saying he could have signed for us - once he was elsewhere and Hoddle saying he got a nice letter from him

Arshavin as well seemed nailed on to join us for months before being poached by Arsenal (not that that's a bad thing in hindsight, but he was regarded world class in Russia!) Today's reports have me so excited about the possibility of Hazard but there's still a long long way to go before we can think of celebrating such a coup.

as far as i can remember with the Rivaldo signing - we didn't have him coming out saying he was interested and had spoken with the club and that we were in negotiations with his about a transfer - just remember him coming out and saying he could have signed for us - once he was elsewhere and Hoddle saying he got a nice letter from him

Hazard didn't say we were in negotiations per se, He said that he hoped something could happen soon. But it was unclear if he was talking about moving to spurs or moving in general. A guy on SC has had some pretty good ITK regarding him and apparently we do have permission from Lille to speak to him.

Hazard didn't say we were in negotiations per se, He said that he hoped something could happen soon. But it was unclear if he was talking about moving to spurs or moving in general. A guy on SC has had some pretty good ITK regarding him and apparently we do have permission from Lille to speak to him.

wasn't there a post quoting him saying that all was need was for the two clubs to reach an agreement ?

I don't see what the fuss is - we already have much better players in our team

Bale, Modric, VdV, Adebayor are all better players as far as I can see - will anyone here claim they aren't better than Hazard?

They would all tear up Ligue 1

It's "nice" but seems a lot of money to spend on this kid - it doesn't seem a good use of our transfer budget to me

Back