• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Thread

This forum went well over a thousand pages anticipating a decent striker signing, over summer 2010, January 2011, and Summer 2011, before Ade finally arrived. 500 is peanuts. ;)

Haha, I was hoping for a break now that January has finished... but it seems January and June are just merging into one big blob. At this point, I will just wait until another reliable French source confirms anything.

From L'equipe on the Hazard speculation, translated by google:
Eden Hazard is expected to leave the LOSC, according to his wish, join an English club. If the website France Football announced on Monday that the Belgian international has already opted to join Tottenham, the applicant has not confirmed the information in the evening, when he was invited to a broadcast of RTBF, Belgian television. On the subject, he was evasive. "... Perhaps, he said when interviewed on Tottenham. I said I wanted to go to England. We'll see. (...) It's a rumor, it's a club that interests me, with great players, great coach. After, I have not yet signed anything. It will happen soon, I hope. "

On the one hand, there might not be anything. On the other, he might be required to stay on the hush about pending transfers and thus can't confirm anything until the paperwork is signed.

If this happens it will be absolutely amazing. but to pay for it i could see Gio Bassong Star-jumps Jenas and either lennon (15 Mil minimum) or krunchie going

I really do think that Joe Cole has been an insider for us on this. Him and harry are always in touch and i'm sure i heard or read that harry had met up with him for dinner to see how he was getting on. Quite plausible that joe has sung harry/spurs praises and if Hazzard is a level headed type would consider us a sensible move.

It wouldn't surprise me if harry/levy have had an initial informal chat with him (hazzard) and happy to meet his personal demands and subject to us making CL he sees it as a sensible move at this stage of his career.

I've not seen much of him (just youtube clips and the odd highlight on sky) so I can't really pass judgement. But I did hear Joe Cole say that Hazard is up there with the best players that he's ever played with!

I really do think that Joe Cole has been an insider for us on this. Him and harry are always in touch and i'm sure i heard or read that harry had met up with him for dinner to see how he was getting on. Quite plausible that joe has sung harry/spurs praises and if Hazzard is a level headed type would consider us a sensible move.

It wouldn't surprise me if harry/levy have had an initial informal chat with him (hazzard) and happy to meet his personal demands and subject to us making CL he sees it as a sensible move at this stage of his career.

More likely to be an insider for Chelsea, surely? Chelsea fan all his life. Hated Spurs all his life. The fact that Harry was his manager when he broke into the first team at West Ham would be a minor consideration, I would have thought. His connections with people at Chelsea would be far stronger.

WOW..23 pages in less than a day...What's gonna happen when "Harry leaving" news break out?

Anyways... So I guess he is waiting for our qualification to CL to be confirmed then he signs...(from what I read)

:rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
WOW..23 pages in less than a day...What's gonna happen when "Harry leaving" news break out?

:rolleyes:

Depends, if Levy has got a replacement lined up when/if harry leaves then the thread will probably read 'blah is our new manager!'... which would be perfectly fine for a discussion...

This forum went well over a thousand pages anticipating a decent striker signing, over summer 2010, January 2011, and Summer 2011, before Ade finally arrived. 500 is peanuts. ;)

Wasn't the Arshavin one over 1,000 pages? glad that didn't happen in hindsight

If this thread gets to 5000 pages will he sign even though nowhere does it say he actually wants to sign just that he is basically impressed by us and we have good players ?

Because its obvious and convenient, and nice and symetrical?

Genuinely I dont believe Ive seen the player play, I have no idea what he is like or where he is best deployed.

Youtube tells me he likes dribbling and looks greedy. Im not sure how conclusive that might be though! lol.
but why does it have to be obvious and nice and symmetrical? why cant it just be more fluid, dynamic, balanced with plenty of options that offers the most threat? who is to say that this isnt the style that would suit us and this boy to the ground?

but why does it have to be obvious and nice and symmetrical? why cant it just be more fluid, dynamic, balanced with plenty of options that offers the most threat? who is to say that this isnt the style that would suit us and this boy to the ground?

African, you're ever the exponent of the wonky! Imagine Hazard at LW with Bale at RW cutting inside supporting Leandro or Ade, that would be titilating. Or even a fluid front three of Bale,Hazard,Lennon with Rafa Sandro and VDV in CM. I reckon formations with false nines will be the future.

Tbh I'm not 100% sure what a 4-4-2 wonky is. I've seen you mention it a lot and I assume it's when either the left winger or right winger is in a more advanced role but not sure.

Even if this reeks a bit like the Morientes and Sock saga, it is very interesting to see that we finally looks a better transfer target than may other top clubs. Levy has also repeatedly said that there are funds available for that "special" signing, and even if I don't know much at all about this Hazard fella the sheer amount of interest surely has to count for something?

The thing I like most is that his reputation seems firmly rooted in his individual potential, as opposed to the Pav/Arshavin or even worse the Schevchenko/Rebrov partnerships, and that he looks like he can cover all midfield positions. But again I don't know the facts here.

But what I don't like is the suggestions about that Hazard arriving will "force out" any of our present players. I have admitted to maybe liking Lennon more that what is healthy, but as said by many it will (hopefully) be a long season next year and everyone will figure at some point. Add to that the fact than Lennon seldom goes through an entire season without some injury break of sorts.

What would be truly devastating though, would be if Modric left. While Hazard could probably cover the positions of Bale, Lennon and VdV very well, very few can do what Modric does for us. He is unbelievable at keeping possession, taking pressure off the team and spotting players all over the field. Not saying there is any causality at all, but if we need to sell Modric to fund Hazard, I'd for one rather see we sat that one out. They way we play now, Modric is truly irreplaceable, in my opinion of course.

African, you're ever the exponent of the wonky! Imagine Hazard at LW with Bale at RW cutting inside supporting Leandro or Ade, that would be titilating. Or even a fluid front three of Bale,Hazard,Lennon with Rafa Sandro and VDV in CM. I reckon formations with false nines will be the future.
that's a 4-6-0 tactic. It was considered a cheat tactic on football manager live because the cb's would be getting dragged all over the place and there was nothing you could do about it. I think holland played that tactic a few times back in the day.

65 pages on this topic on an Arsenal forum.

How dare Spurs get linked with a quality young talent when all young talent JUST HAS TO PLAY FOR THE ROYAL ARSENAL, BEST TEAM EVER.

Are all online gooners teenagers that started to support their team post-Wenger and are feeling a little delicate post-Invincibles?

that's a 4-6-0 tactic. It was considered a cheat tactic on football manager live because the cb's would be getting dragged all over the place and there was nothing you could do about it. I think holland played that tactic a few times back in the day.

Would people say that Barca's 4-3-3 is a 4-6-0? I think that this would work really well with ourselves with someone like Hazard or Bale as the false 9, given that they can both receive the ball from deep or play off the shoulder. Roma played a very similar formation too with Totti as their sole attacking fulcrum with the wingers bombing on past him.
4-6-0 would create some amazing football.

He's an absolute FM legend.

Nike have also just named him 'The Magician' as part of a series-thing so that can only be good news!

Back