• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Rumour Thread

"Really can't see him going to Spurs, they have a more rigid wage structure than we do and they are not the sort of club who deal with talent very well"

What goes through these gooners minds :lol:

The bitterness from them & scousers over this potential signing is hilarious;how dare little old Spurs be able to attract such a player...

Yep some gooners are stating they don't want him due to saying he wants to come to Spurs (allegedly) - saying he's a mercenary and another Nasri or Fabgregas (couldn't believe the latter). Also saying he'd use us as a stepping stone to get to Barca or Real (which could be true in fairness). So I guess that means they'd hate to sign him :^)

"Really can't see him going to Spurs, they have a more rigid wage structure than we do and they are not the sort of club who deal with talent very well"
spurs-blog-45.jpg

article-1299618501111-0D85DE14000005DC-978015_223x335.jpg

article-1313411422215-0D70BF3600000578-621872_636x417.jpg

Yep some gooners are stating they don't want him due to saying he wants to come to Spurs (allegedly) - saying he's a mercenary and another Nasri or Fabgregas (couldn't believe the latter). Also saying he'd use us as a stepping stone to get to Barca or Real (which could be true in fairness). So I guess that means they'd hate to sign him :^)

they dont need Hazard, they have Theo ;)

I don't mind if he uses us as a stepping stone. To do that he has to come here and perform well, in addition to which we would probably make a decent profit on him. I seriously doubt Levy would ever sell him at a loss.

Fabregas was a barcelona player before he was an Arsenal player, he was returning to his boyhood club which is also where he is far more likely to win trophies and be successful... How that can be deemed a 'Mercenary' move i do not know...

Honestly? I think it would be a mistake for Arsenal to spend that much on a single player (Hazard), which is probably what Wenger thinks in general, when their squad requires a number of players to become successful. Add in to that the possible loss of Van Persie, who's transfer fee will not be put back into the squad, and they are really not in a very good position. imo.

Come to Spurs for ?ú30 million. Play really well for 3 years and then move to Real Madrid for ?ú50 million at the age of 24. Makes perfect sense to me for both Hazard and Tottenham.

they dont need Hazard, they have Theo ;)

I've got a gooner mate who was convinced they were signing Hazard,when i directed him to the stories that we could very well be signing him,"We don't need him now,we've got "The Ox"...

They can't comprehend a player would rather come here than to them. They're still stuck in 2002. Bless them

If you're a mercenary you go to City or Chelsea and pick up your ?ú180k a week. No idea how coming to Spurs could be construed as a mercenary move.

Come to Spurs for ?ú30 million. Play really well for 3 years and then move to Real Madrid for ?ú50 million at the age of 24. Makes perfect sense to me for both Hazard and Tottenham.

make that 4 years and you have a deal

I've got a gooner mate who was convinced they were signing Hazard,when i directed him to the stories that we could very well be signing him,"We don't need him now,we've got "The Ox"...

They can't comprehend a player would rather come here than to them. They're still stuck in 2002. Bless them

I dunno why but i hate any reference to Oxlaide-Chamberlain as "the ox", just reminds me of when smug gooners were telling me how "JET" was the next big thing....

I still think it will be either both (Harry and Hazard) or none with us next season.

He stated last night that we had a great coach. It would change everything if he was to know the manager was leaving. He must know Harry wants him so he wouldnt take the risk to go somewhere where the new manager doesnt know anything about him.

And then of course, i cant see Levy spending 30m on someone knowing the new manager may not like him.

This is Why i am feeling a bit more optimistic about Harry staying.

I still think it will be either both (Harry and Hazard) or none with us next season.

He stated last night that we had a great coach. It would change everything if he was to know the manager was leaving. He must know Harry wants him so he wouldnt take the risk to go somewhere where the new manager doesnt know anything about him.

And then of course, i cant see Levy spending 30m on someone knowing the new manager may not like him.

Mourinho likes Hazard.... =P~

Crazy out of this world theory, engage!

-He mentionned Kranjcar in his interview last night which makes me think hes been watching us over the weekend, before that, kranjcar had never been involved this season, so i think Hazard saw our game this weekend and was probably impressed by Kranjcar.

-He is saying that he wouldnt be sure to play at Madrid, Well he knows they have Messi and Ronaldo. He is the same type of player and you cant have two midfielders like that who dont defend. He wants to be that type of player and wants the team to play for him.

Mourinho likes Hazard.... =P~

Crazy out of this world theory, engage!

First thing I thought. He likes the coach we will have next season - nothing to suggest its Harry!

I don't think Hazard is that reliant on Harry's opinion of him. Harry may be personable but he's still not that well known outside of England, since we've only had one CL campaign so far. Hazard knows he's coveted around the world, he'll be the most glamorous fish in a pretty big but not Barca-level pool, and any manager including the likes of Mourinho would love to have him. If Levy has told him a renowned manager like Mourinho will be here next season instead of Harry, or a manager with a rep around Europe for developing players like Klopp, I think Hazard would consider that as a sign of the ambition and further growth of his club rather than a threat to his own development.

Mourinho might even be less likely to loan him out for a season :eek:

OTOH, I'm worried this news has come out before we've finalized the deal. I don't doubt that other clubs have enquired and tried their luck already, but there is a whiff of the agent leaking this suddenly to spur Barca/Real/Mancs to raise their offers.

If we did sign Hazard then I'd hope we'd also sign a big front man - yes I know Barca are midgets but they don't play in the EPL :x

OTOH, I'm worried this news has come out before we've finalized the deal. I don't doubt that other clubs have enquired and tried their luck already, but there is a whiff of the agent leaking this suddenly to spur Barca/Real/Mancs to raise their offers.

Nah It wasn't the agent, it was the french media. They asked him if he would be interested in moving to Tottenham and he responded that he would be interested, along with something else after that everyone seems to have a different interpretation of...

If we did sign Hazard then I'd hope we'd also sign a big front man - yes I know Barca are midgets but they don't play in the EPL :x

Utd rarely play with a big front man these days, tbh i think City are at their best without Dzeko up front, Aguero is their main man and look how well he is coping over here

Ade is a big guy but with silky ball control, however i guess the big man you would like is in the Lllorente mould, a bit of a battering ram

Back