• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer fred.

Anyone else getting irritated that no new CB has arrived yet, season starts in 2 weeks and most people would agree that it was the no 1 position to strengthen. I'm sure there's stuff going on behind the scenes but whoever comes in will need to integrate with the team and that's likely to take a few weeks at least.
It was the no 2 position to strengthen. Goalkeeper was far more urgent and has been addressed. Just having a keeper that doesn't fumble the ball and kick it straight to the opposition forwards should cut down goals conceded by at least 10. Also playing a more possession based game should cut down on the number of opportunities for our defence to mess up.
Saying that I would have course like and expect to see at least 1 new CB before the window closes.

Formation and playing style are factors. But let’s not kid ourselves we have needed a LCB for 3 seasons. To keep failing to fill a position is poor. Jan was our last decent one.

Dier and Sanchez in any formation are not good enough. Throw Davies in to. Solid enough for spells but have games littered with individual errors.

To be headed into another season with out addressing a key position is not good enough. We have a defence full of issues and unknowns. Porro is not a full back looks a mess when asked to defend. Sess and Perisic again not good enough as full backs. So that leaves Davies and he’s on the decline. Question marks over goal keeper. Even Romero for a player with such qualities has big factors that also hold him back. He could be scary in a two. He lacks a patience when he defends could be costly all the stepping out to nick the ball and rash challenges.

Defence is a problem as it stands if we do not strengthen it this window it could really hurt our season.

Last edited:
Anyone else getting irritated that no new CB has arrived yet, season starts in 2 weeks and most people would agree that it was the no 1 position to strengthen. I'm sure there's stuff going on behind the scenes but whoever comes in will need to integrate with the team and that's likely to take a few weeks at least.
There will probably be responses about how much time is left in the window. How playing in preseason doesn't matter. Etc etc. The same old. [emoji28]

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

We do have 5, including 4 internationals, 2 of whom are £40m+ players. It's not completely urgent.

The higher line will help Dier and Sanchez return more to their previous/pre-2020 levels
I'm calm on the CB position. I'd much rather we get it right, than rush it. Our CB problems were are much to do with formation and playing style as they were personnel.
Stockholm syndrome? [emoji1787]

Sanchez and Dier are mediocre. Dier has never been a good CB so I don't know what you're talking about. [emoji1787] Sanchez only ever looked good next to the top quality Jan or Toby. Romero isn't there yet to cover for either of their deficiencies. And the prospect of a flight like making players who often make poor decisions better is laughable. They let the ball bounce when they shouldn't, they cover the wrong men constantly. You guys actually want another season of this? We won't concede less that 45 goals with either Dier or Sanchez starting.

I'd happily settle for 45 goals, only two teams conceded less than 43 goals last year so that would put us in and around the top 4 on the defensive side.
Finger slip, I meant to write 55 goals. [emoji28]

Wonder whether we started to slow-roll CB talks in the last week or two whilst we see whether Bayern put their money where their mouth is for Kane?

You'd expect there to be some cash left over if we sold him and bought a replacement, and that additional cash might mean we could get Tapsoba (for example) whereas without that cash we'd be looking at, say, Tosin A

1 year left on his contract but that offer is a bit of a p1ss take!!

Not even Levy would low-ball like that

edit: ok, maybe he would

There will probably be responses about how much time is left in the window. How playing in preseason doesn't matter. Etc etc. The same old. [emoji28]

lemmings-rodents-cliffs-cliff_faces-runs-animals-WC900902_low.jpg

Back