• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer fred.

Stockholm syndrome? [emoji1787]

Sanchez and Dier are mediocre. Dier has never been a good CB so I don't know what you're talking about. [emoji1787] Sanchez only ever looked good next to the top quality Jan or Toby. Romero isn't there yet to cover for either of their deficiencies. And the prospect of a flight like making players who often make poor decisions better is laughable. They let the ball bounce when they shouldn't, they cover the wrong men constantly. You guys actually want another season of this? We won't concede less that 45 goals with either Dier or Sanchez starting.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk
Season? Hell no. The season starts in two weeks - I'd rather we got it right than rushed through a deal in time for game 1.
We need two CBs.

We do have 5, including 4 internationals, 2 of whom are £40m+ players. It's not completely urgent.

The higher line will help Dier and Sanchez return more to their previous/pre-2020 levels

Cost of a player doesn't determine their performances, Sanchez wouldn't even go for half that now. Dier is very poor and has never been a good CB.

Anyone else getting irritated that no new CB has arrived yet, season starts in 2 weeks and most people would agree that it was the no 1 position to strengthen. I'm sure there's stuff going on behind the scenes but whoever comes in will need to integrate with the team and that's likely to take a few weeks at least.
I've been concerned all along that Ange (who I don't rate for an epl coach) will not be able to get a proper pre season with the players he needs.

Its the same old Spurs. Someone up there is responsible and has no clue how to run a football club.

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

Stockholm syndrome? [emoji1787]

Sanchez and Dier are mediocre. Dier has never been a good CB so I don't know what you're talking about. [emoji1787] Sanchez only ever looked good next to the top quality Jan or Toby. Romero isn't there yet to cover for either of their deficiencies. And the prospect of a flight like making players who often make poor decisions better is laughable. They let the ball bounce when they shouldn't, they cover the wrong men constantly. You guys actually want another season of this? We won't concede less that 45 goals with either Dier or Sanchez starting.

Jan and Toby - that ought to be our benchmark

Season? Hell no. The season starts in two weeks - I'd rather we got it right than rushed through a deal in time for game 1.
We need two CBs.
Where's the rush? We've known since at the least last season that we need new blood in the centre back area. At a minimum we should be able to get a CB in ready for the first game of the season.

I've been concerned all along that Ange (who I don't rate for an epl coach) will not be able to get a proper pre season with the players he needs.

Its the same old Spurs. Someone up there is responsible and has no clue how to run a football club.

I share the concern about getting players in and having time to bed them in but why do you not rate Ange as an EPL coach? Is it his style of football?

We need two CBs.

I don't know how to use the like button, all clubs are experiencing the same thing with getting targets, regardless if the whole idea of it being unique to Spurs because we are tight is being peddled about.

After 5 years of decline and Ange being at the very start of his time I would much prefer us starting to unpick the issues and make changes that are going to actually work over the season than this idea that you need to sign everyone super quick only for it to be proven to be a mistake. Last season we signed everyone in 32 days or something silly and it was a disaster.

Ultimately with transfers there is no one example is the rule, for all the slow burners there is a Maddison, Bissouma, Richy, etc. Ironically there were people throwing their toys out about Djed Spence deal, Levy involved and ruining it was being spouted, same old Tottenham, lowballing etc and then the same fans to a man were on about a month later crying it was not Contes man. You can't make up some of the hysteria sometime

It's quite interesting to look at the kind of players we are being linked with. I'm not trying to put a negative spin on this window because a) it's far from closed and b) the only truth is what you see on the pitch in competitive games. With that being said, we're definitely back to signing the kind of players we had before Pochettino or Redknapp took over. Son and Alderwereild are the last big name singings (except for Bale but it's a different case) we made. Bar maybe for Romero, I can't think of a single player we signed for more than 30m who didn't turn out to be a flop.

We never really managed to find established players to improve on the squad that reached the Champions League final and now it looks like we're back to square one. It's way too early to judge the next one but what can be said for sure at this time is that the cycle that peaked with the CL final loss has been a perfect example of utter mismanagement. I don't think anything good came out of it. I'm not an expert on the financial side of things (nor on the football side either, come to think of it!) so maybe it did help considering we had to pay for the new stadium but as far as the sporting side of the club is concerned, it didn't do us much favours.

It's quite interesting to look at the kind of players we are being linked with. I'm not trying to put a negative spin on this window because a) it's far from closed and b) the only truth is what you see on the pitch in competitive games. With that being said, we're definitely back to signing the kind of players we had before Pochettino or Redknapp took over. Son and Alderwereild are the last big name singings (except for Bale but it's a different case) we made. Bar maybe for Romero, I can't think of a single player we signed for more than 30m who didn't turn out to be a flop.

We never really managed to find established players to improve on the squad that reached the Champions League final and now it looks like we're back to square one. It's way too early to judge the next one but what can be said for sure at this time is that the cycle that peaked with the CL final loss has been a perfect example of utter mismanagement. I don't think anything good came out of it. I'm not an expert on the financial side of things (nor on the football side either, come to think of it!) so maybe it did help considering we had to pay for the new stadium but as far as the sporting side of the club is concerned, it didn't do us much favours.
Usually because we have never paid the wages necessary to attract the truly big names or in demand players. What instead happens is we go for the next group, the players who the bigger clubs have decided not to go for, the players they are unconvinced in. Sometimes that has meant the transfers haven't really worked but have still cost a reasonable amount.

If ever proof was needed that Alex Ferguson was pretty good at managing football clubs, our failure to refresh a very good team provides it. He continually evolved the team – not just the squad – from a position of strength. We watched an excellent side ossify in front of our eyes.

If ever proof was needed that Alex Ferguson was pretty good at managing football clubs, our failure to refresh a very good team provides it. He continually evolved the team – not just the squad – from a position of strength. We watched an excellent side ossify in front of our eyes.
He also changed his coaches to keep the ideas fresh and modern
Something so many clubs dont do

We’re not in CL
We aren’t owned by a country
Our fans can be very toxic
That hinders us slightly
We are based in London
We play in the prem
We pay very very good wages
That can help us

We’re not in CL
We aren’t owned by a country
Our fans can be very toxic
That hinders us slightly
We are based in London
We play in the prem
We pay very very good wages
That can help us

If fans were an issue, some clubs would have a hard time fielding XI players. I think @Bishop's argument is probably valid, too. We wouldn't pay top wages but once you reach a certain level, you can't afford to rely on 'potential' players any longer. You need established players, even older ones, if you want to get to the next level and that's something we completely failed to provide our managers. When's the last time we signed someone who improved upon our existing XI? Arguably, Romero, Betancur and before that... ? Son an Alderwereild in 2015, I'd say. that's a long time ago, almost an eternity in football terms.

A.Madrid apparently only offered 20m for Hojbjerg... Got to be worth double that right?

Really? I'd take £20m for him, particularly if Ange isn't intending to use him much.

We have 8 senior CMs and only need 6. Assume Ndombele is one which leaves...need to get rid of one other.

Better to take teh cash and reinvest in CBs!

Really? I'd take £20m for him, particularly if Ange isn't intending to use him much.

We have 8 senior CMs and only need 6. Assume Ndombele is one which leaves...need to get rid of one other.

Better to take teh cash and reinvest in CBs!

100% agree. £20m is a considerable amount to add to our CB fund and our midfield should be better than Hojberjg anyway.

Back