• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer fred.

With a 250m excess in the bank I think it's as likely to be a numbers game based on us having the cast of ben hur still on the books along with the valuations being apart. You of course could be right, I just look at our squad list and it even scares me the level of waste we have now, especially as everyone's back from loans, it's criminal really

We also have £252m transfer debt according to the last financials.

Bore off grandad we have been through this before ... I have literally told you how to "like a post" ... what I want to know is how I 'dislike" a post ... you would be top of my list ...

I think you need to turn off the swear filter. When PL says "I don't know how to use the like button" in response to a post, which is what I see, it auto-changes to the above unless the swear filter is off (at least I think that's how it works).

I think you need to turn off the swear filter. When PL says "I don't know how to use the like button" in response to a post, which is what I see, it auto-changes to the above unless the swear filter is off (at least I think that's how it works).

Statto is alright

Under normal circumstance just suggests he wants a big bid.
They've just sold Diaby to Villa, they probably have no real need to sell Tapsoba now. So it's going to need to be a fee that piques their interest to get the deal done. Whatever amount that is.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

If the price being demanded is more than the player is worth then they shouldn't pay what it takes. There are plenty of other players.
Agree with this, but at the same time I suggest this is why we struggle at times. The top tier clubs will often (not always) 'pay what it takes' because that player is the one they have identified that is ideal for them in their eyes.
For example, Tapsoba ticks all the boxes pretty much but as such will have to pay a bit over the odds for him. Whereas yes there are plenty of other players out there and no doubt we can get a better price for but they won't be as solid as Tapsoba at the back.

And that is the constant conundrum for us when competing against the Emirates Marketing Project, Chelsea, Man U etc who do more often pay the premium. If we really want to compete I think at times unfortunately we are going to have to 'pay what it takes'.....

Agree with this, but at the same time I suggest this is why we struggle at times. The top tier clubs will often (not always) 'pay what it takes' because that player is the one they have identified that is ideal for them in their eyes.
For example, Tapsoba ticks all the boxes pretty much but as such will have to pay a bit over the odds for him. Whereas yes there are plenty of other players out there and no doubt we can get a better price for but they won't be as solid as Tapsoba at the back.

And that is the constant conundrum for us when competing against the Emirates Marketing Project, Chelsea, Man U etc who do more often pay the premium. If we really want to compete I think at times unfortunately we are going to have to 'pay what it takes'.....
I think we’ve paid what it takes a few times and always seem to get burned on those ones. As a club we just can’t afford many more Sanchez, Ndombele, Richarlson’s (although I think he might surprise a few this season myself), even Porro we were held to ransom and paid full asking price.

Hopefully with better scouting and a more flexible manager then our hit rate on these will get better.

I think we’ve paid what it takes a few times and always seem to get burned on those ones. As a club we just can’t afford many more Sanchez, Ndombele, Richarlson’s (although I think he might surprise a few this season myself), even Porro we were held to ransom and paid full asking price.

Hopefully with better scouting and a more flexible manager then our hit rate on these will get better.
Totally agree mate, but I do feel like our scouting is much better now and it's easier to make a case for investing that little bit more for Tapsoba.

Not a criticism of Levy or whatever, but I feel these are the things that can make a massive difference in us getting to the promised land, genuine quality rather than hopeful potential. Like you allude to just need to make sure when we do, it's justifiable( I believe both Richi and Porro will show their worth)....

Tapsoba seems to tick all the boxes, but do you really think that there are not other players that would do that too? If we haven't identified anyone else then that's a failure on the scouting side. We wanted Reya, the price being asked was way too high, we walked away and got our second choice for a more reasonable price. That's the way it should be done.
And when I say not over pay I don't mean not pay a couple of million extra occasionally. But you also have to remember that we have several positions we need to strengthen and with a limited budget over paying for one position will probably mean we struggle to fix another.

Tapsoba seems to tick all the boxes, but do you really think that there are not other players that would do that too? If we haven't identified anyone else then that's a failure on the scouting side. We wanted Reya, the price being asked was way too high, we walked away and got our second choice for a more reasonable price. That's the way it should be done.
And when I say not over pay I don't mean not pay a couple of million extra occasionally. But you also have to remember that we have several positions we need to strengthen and with a limited budget over paying for one position will probably mean we struggle to fix another.

Thus isn't aimed at @harr1984 as I respect him as a poster so just to state that.

There is always an element to our windows where we get linked with players who, let's be Frank, no one mentioned before the first link and now fans know everything about them and it would be catastrophic to miss out. I like you don't think there are these imaginary lists that Spurs fans seem to use where you miss one target or it seems tricky and all of a sudden its "well its Mickey or Taps if not its Dier" was the same with the managers situation when people said if it wasn't Slot it was Mason or Rodgers. The scope for players in Europe is huge, Brighton and others prove that, they are not alone, never heard of Lavia before last year and he is looking an absolute beast with potential.

Ultimately for me, success this season in the window won't be necessarily getting everything done by the first game but certainly by the close of the window, a new first team CB, a back up of say Tosin level and if possible a CM would be success, if Kane leaves then a replacement for him also and a resolution to that too. But after 5 years of decline and being at the start of the Ange reign, I'm not going to clock watch and peg the first game of the season, better to get it right than to get it quick IMO, otherwise we have learnt nowt

Last edited:
In the case of Reya, we know he's a top keeper with our guy don't get me wrong I'm excited by him but he's more potential. Getting our second option for a less price doesn't guarantee he's going to hit the levels of the outstanding candidate, and talking purely about on the football pitch it doesn't make us as strong. Same with Tapsoba, he looks the stronger candidate over the others who are more potential (that doesn't mean I won't be happy to see them arrive).

We always end up talking about value for money on here as much as the actual quality of the player, and that is what will always hold us back from making that final step that we failed to previously. That was the only thing I was counteracting with, but I am comfortable with where we are and am happy with our recruitment policy since Paratici took over.....

Back