• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer fred.

Well within reason it is yeh, I think so, even if you compare it to money we have spent on a high number of players

I agree about the relative thing though and I think Gallagher is worth 35m, that parts my opinion of course, others won't see it.
Sorry I was thinking of a different quote, hence my the reference to Barnes
I think a player who has proven himself in this league is always worth more
Would they sell him for £35m though?

Saudi Sportswashing Machine signed Guimaraes for £40m 18 months ago and probably paid a premium given it was early in their 'project'

We're probably ok for HG numbers, particularly if we sell Sanchez and sign the Fulham chap, so would focus on quality.

I think we could probably get better for the money

£40m was fair value at the time but it has since proven to be a bargain as he is clearly a £60m player at least.

40 m for him is a lot of money. West Ham getting fleeced as everyone knows they are flush after selling Rice.

I’d be upset if we wasted that sort of money on him when we have far greater concerns than midfield.

Yep, They should have tried to buy him before they sold Rice, Also before Chelsea sold an entire 11 to Saudi and can now hold out for whatever they can get.
Their 37 plus add ons for him should have been more than enough, Could probably have got him for less a month ago

Yep, They should have tried to buy him before they sold Rice, Also before Chelsea sold an entire 11 to Saudi and can now hold out for whatever they can get.
Their 37 plus add ons for him should have been more than enough, Could probably have got him for less a month ago
That's easier said than done in terms of buying before you sell the player and as good as it sounds it works both ways. If you get the player in first then the Goons would have known your replacement is in and gives them the upper hand in negotiations to drive the price down. Do you think we will sign a striker before getting the cash in for Kane? No chance IMO and everyone will know we want a striker and add a little extra on, just the way it is. At least it's likely our forward will come from abroad so better value for money....

Last edited:
That's easier said than done in terms of buying before you sell the player and as good as it sounds it works both ways. If you get the player in first then the Goons would have known your replacement is in and gives them the upper hand in negotiations to drive the price down. Do you think we will sign a striker before getting the cash in for Kane? No chance IMO and everyone will know we want a striker and add a little extra on, just the way it is. At least it's likely our forward with come from abroad so better value for money....

True

I’d say it’s about the right price for a young attacking midfielder on the fringes of the England squad.

Back