• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer fred.

I’m going to get slaughtered for this, but I wouldn’t be devastated if he was off, as long as we get a fat wedge for him.

I’m really not convinced that he will work in a Two especially in Angelos’ system.

but hey what do I know?

to add to the abuse I will get:

when things were going to Shït last year, he didn’t exactly look like a leader… quite the opposite really. I got ‘I’m too good for this’ vibes … where as someone like Kane … who definitely is too good for it, kept doing what he was supposed to.

I get why people look at last season and take that view but the blokes ceiling is clearly very high and he is our best CB by abit of a distance. I would see it as counter productive to sell someone we know is very good player. He doesn't have to be a leader TBH, I don't think he was purchased expecting that specific skill

Always love how people put down other teams signing of good players with claiming they've overpaid. Fact is, they can afford it and have got in a top CM and are still spending in other positions. Much rather 'overpay' for a player of true quality, than spend less on a load of mediocre gambles. Quality not quantity...

Partey was one of their best players last season, so not sure how much of an improvement on him Rice will be, but given his age and potential it's a starting position sorted for the next few years.

Always love how people put down other teams signing of good players with claiming they've overpaid. Fact is, they can afford it and have got in a top CM and are still spending in other positions. Much rather 'overpay' for a player of true quality, than spend less on a load of mediocre gambles. Quality not quantity...

Sure, to an extent. But £100m will obviously severely impact their ability to go and purchase in other areas. They need a CB, got Timber who could be good but coming from the Netherlands into the PL at CB isn’t easy. And they need an upgrade on Jesus.

Not sure they are being put down, its just a talking point, he is a very good player, 100m is alot for him though. He is probably between Tonali and Bellingham I would say

I’m going to get slaughtered for this, but I wouldn’t be devastated if he was off, as long as we get a fat wedge for him.

I’m really not convinced that he will work in a Two especially in Angelos’ system.

but hey what do I know?

to add to the abuse I will get:

when things were going to Shït last year, he didn’t exactly look like a leader… quite the opposite really. I got ‘I’m too good for this’ vibes … where as someone like Kane … who definitely is too good for it, kept doing what he was supposed to.
Last season he reminded me of Vertonghen in the AVB/Sherwood season, just totally disinterested, but it’s clear there is a player there and the right coach will bring that out.

I’d be wanting to buy 2 new CB’s though just to help keep Romero focused and give us the option to bench him occasionally.

I get why people look at last season and take that view but the blokes ceiling is clearly very high and he is our best CB by abit of a distance. I would see it as counter productive to sell someone we know is very good player. He doesn't have to be a leader TBH, I don't think he was purchased expecting that specific skill

I think judging Romero on what happened last season is a huge leap, our defense last year was crap ( at best) and behind that crap defense we had a keeper who was just as bad at times. He is a better player then he has looked and once we sort out the system we are going to go forward with i believe Romero will show the abilty he has.

Sure, to an extent. But £100m will obviously severely impact their ability to go and purchase in other areas. They need a CB, got Timber who could be good but coming from the Netherlands into the PL at CB isn’t easy. And they need an upgrade on Jesus.
Arteta and arsenal fans don't think striker is a priority position. They all as a group feel CM is where they needed reinforcement so that's why they are spending their money there (Havertz & Rice). Then CB was their next priority so again that's why they've spent in that area.

They don't think they need a striker so aren't going for one. They did score 88 goals without a tip striker, maybe they aren't wrong.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Arteta and arsenal fans don't think striker is a priority position. They all as a group feel CM is where they needed reinforcement so that's why they are spending their money there (Havertz & Rice). Then CB was their next priority so again that's why they've spent in that area.

They don't think they need a striker so aren't going for one. They did score 88 goals without a tip striker, maybe they aren't wrong.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

I live in camden. Half my mates are arsenal fans. Anecdotal but they all feel they need a striker.

Arteta and edu may obviously feel different and it's their opinion that counts.

We have made 3 signings in a 11 days, if we have been talking to various targets like whats been reported for some time now then things could get across the line at any moment. It's not like we are talking to no one and starting from scratch today which would make the month you talk about all that much shorter.

Last season we made 6 signings in 32 days.

A month is a long time in a transfer window for this to happen both ways.

30 days to get players into a new country and training with a new coach with all the travelling isn't a lot of time. also seeing as we leaked 63 goals (top 5) it would be nice to getting a new CB in early on top of the keeper.

fun fact: everton narrowly survived relegation with 57 goals against.

30 days to get players into a new country and training with a new coach with all the travelling isn't a lot of time. also seeing as we leaked 63 goals (top 5) it would be nice to getting a new CB in early on top of the keeper.

fun fact: everton narrowly survived relegation with 57 goals against.

I agree its ideal, but I also think we will get new bods in within the month so we won't have a full season with the same old faces.

I am not as worried as others with the timeframe, I get we conceded 63 goals last year but the year before it was 40, so its difficult to know what number is closer to the real reflection of the teams ability, especially when it was trained to sit back and try and soak up pressure where as it looks like we are going to play a more possession based attacking style now.

Is the fun fact alluding to a potential relegation battle?

Last edited:
I think judging Romero on what happened last season is a huge leap, our defense last year was crap ( at best) and behind that crap defense we had a keeper who was just as bad at times. He is a better player then he has looked and once we sort out the system we are going to go forward with i believe Romero will show the abilty he has.

oh he has ability no doubt, and as others have mentioned his ceiling is very high. But there is a couple (more actually but let’s go with a couple) of things that worry me:

1, his ability to work in a two in Angelos’ system.
2, if things take time to bed… which I think they will. Is he going to be committed to what the manager is preaching or will he be thinking fûck this chicken badge brick I’m too good for this, and crocodile Dundee ain’t going to tell me what to do.

if either of those happen then I have no doubt that Angelos won’t stand for it and he will be dropped, but then good luck to us standing any chance moving him on for a profit or even our money back.

Back