• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer fred.

From the games I've seen in Championship he looks to have really good potential. I'd say he's one for the future, but considering our current crop of CBs I genuinely wouldn't be surprised to see him slot right in:D.....

What side does he play on?
Would be a good back up to what ever side he plays on

What side does he play on?
Would be a good back up to what ever side he plays on
I honestly can't remember, I just always heard the commentators mention what a talent he is in Blackburn games so kept an eye out for him and he really looks to have all the attributes of a modern day defender. One for the future, but wouldn't bet against him knocking on the door next season if not this season.....

Thanks guys

Could have used him today with his height.
I wonder if we are going for him over VDV. Tall, quick and good on the ball.

Frees up funds for Tapsoba

Thanks guys

Could have used him today with his height.
I wonder if we are going for him over VDV. Tall, quick and good on the ball.

Frees up funds for Tapsoba

I think that exactly. Cheaper 4th choice than Adarabioyo or even Lenglet, allows us to hit the figure for our starting option

What is he like? Any good?
These were my words on him in another thread in March when I was suggesting possible young signings from the lower leagues:

When considering hot prospects at centre back who are very young, so looking 4 plus years into the future Ashley Phillips at Blackburn is probably the most exciting young defenders who are not already at a top club. He is big (6'4") fast and good on the ball. Still loads and loads of developing to do though so not guaranteed to make it but I'd be surprised if the teams that like to hoover up talent at this sort of age like Chelsea aren't already sniffing.

OK, hedging by bets here, I think we will sign Van de Ven. Higher ceiling plus insane speed, which will a) bail him out of some positional mistakes as he learns, and b) is exactly what we will need.

Ange Postecoglou on signing a senior central defender:

️"Yeah, I think that's definitely our intention, absolutely. We've been working on it for a while and we'll definitely try to get it done as quickly as possible."

️"I don't think it's any secret about some of the areas we needed to strengthen. The goalkeeper was one and central defence is another."

[CDEccleshare]

Back