• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer fred.

Hopefully we can still push on with trying to sign a CB or 2 while the squad is away.

Gives them a few days to settle in while the rest are away.

I think you would enjoy the We are tottenham youtube channel, they post 2 to 3 video’s a day complaining about the same thing over and over again which happens to be about not signing a CB and the club dragging its heels.

Hahaha its an absolute classic. Loads to happen still and plenty of time for it to happen. YTbers gotta pay the bills

I think you would enjoy the We are tottenham youtube channel, they post 2 to 3 video’s a day complaining about the same thing over and over again which happens to be about not signing a CB and the club dragging its heels.
Is it not a fair point to make ? If we want to get off to a decent start we need to start bedding in a new CB. So if you see that as complaining then fair enough.

Is it not a fair point to make ? If we want to get off to a decent start we need to start bedding in a new CB. So if you see that as complaining then fair enough.

I think those people have a hugely warped idea of how hard transfers are though. And also this churning of an agenda that it's always Spurs struggling or digging their heals in, even after most fans were shocked at not only signing Maddison but how quickly it was done. Last season we made a huge number of signings in a short time.

Ask yourself why is it that some fans always peg their stories to the negative examples and never temper it by acknowledging that its not always the case? For every long protracted negotiation there are the quick done and dusted ones, in fact we have had three this window already.

Look round the league and see how long it's taking sides to do deals....its not just us

I agree players need bedding in, ideally. But it's not a realistic expectation and the whole "Spurs doing spurs things" and all that stuff is frankly bollix

Last edited:
Ange has said he wants to assess the squad. Hugo seems surplus so far as he's been left at home. Other than that i guess we'll have to wait and see. Even if the media and itk's are saying different.

I think those people have a hugely warped idea of how hard transfers are though. And also this churning of an agenda that it's always Spurs struggling or digging their heals in, even after most fans were shocked at not only signing Maddison but how quickly it was done. Last season we made a huge number of signings in a short time.

Ask yourself why is it that some fans always peg their stories to the negative examples and never temper it by acknowledging that its not always the case? For every long protracted negotiation there are the quick done and dusted ones, in fact we have had three this window already.

Look round the league and see how long it's taking sides to do deals....its not just us

I agree players need bedding in, ideally. But it's not a realistic expectation and the whole "Spurs doing spurs things" and all that stuff is frankly bollix

I agree with most of that. like a moan as much as the next man but do find a lot of the social media stuff excessive. The agendas and narratives they constantly push.

I did say in original post that I was a bit disappointed that we did not have a CB in place as felt apart from a lack of creativity it was CB that was most important.

Just would have liked to see at least one in place and realistically two early on to get settled as best they can.

Plenty of time? First game in less than a month away.

Sent from my SM-S918B using Fapatalk

We have made 3 signings in a 11 days, if we have been talking to various targets like whats been reported for some time now then things could get across the line at any moment. It's not like we are talking to no one and starting from scratch today which would make the month you talk about all that much shorter.

Last season we made 6 signings in 32 days.

A month is a long time in a transfer window for this to happen both ways.

I think Bremer suddenly coming onto the market has made us stop and re-evaluate how to spend the money we have left on two centre backs.

Two of Bremer (£45m), Tapsoba (£40m), VDV (£35m) and Lenglet (£5m) I think.

The Bremer stuff makes sense if Paratici is still heavily involved in our player selection process.

I can see us either doing Bremer and Lenglet or Tapsoba and VDV.

Bremer plays right side though (where we'll have Romero and Dier), whereas everyone else we're supposedly looking at is left

Strange that West Ham has confirmed the transfer of Rice, but Arsenal havent. Not going to happen but it would be so funny if PSG was the buyer

Strange that West Ham has confirmed the transfer of Rice, but Arsenal havent. Not going to happen but it would be so funny if PSG was the buyer

Not really strange. Arsenal will be doing their welcome vid. Giving him a tour of the stadium. Photo ops etc... They're in no rush to announce and can pick and choose when to do it that best suits them.

Unless Romero is off

I’m going to get slaughtered for this, but I wouldn’t be devastated if he was off, as long as we get a fat wedge for him.

I’m really not convinced that he will work in a Two especially in Angelos’ system.

but hey what do I know?

to add to the abuse I will get:

when things were going to Shït last year, he didn’t exactly look like a leader… quite the opposite really. I got ‘I’m too good for this’ vibes … where as someone like Kane … who definitely is too good for it, kept doing what he was supposed to.

I’m going to get slaughtered for this, but I wouldn’t be devastated if he was off, as long as we get a fat wedge for him.

I’m really not convinced that he will work in a Two especially in Angelos’ system.

but hey what do I know?

to add to the abuse I will get:

when things were going to Shït last year, he didn’t exactly look like a leader… quite the opposite really. I got ‘I’m too good for this’ vibes … where as someone like Kane … who definitely is too good for it, kept doing what he was supposed to.

Think with him he’s clearly the best centre back that we have and comparing him to the rest of ours he looks a class above.

I think that for him to take his game to the next level he needs to use his brains more. Cut out the recklessness and temper that desire to always try nick the ball infront of the man. The greatest CBs play with a patience and immaculate decision making I think that’s what lets him down.

I’m not 100% convinced. How we miss a partnership like Toby and Jan. for all the talk of the style of football and attacking threat under Poch that CB pairing was brilliant.

It’s an absolute must that we sign a decent centre back or two. When I say two that does not include one then buying Lenglet on the cheap he’s not good enough.

Reactions: DTA
As much as most hate him on here, Lenglet was our most solid defender and made the least amount of mistakes out of all of our cb’s last season. I’d be happy to sell Romero for £50m+ i really do think he is vastly overrated by Spurs fans.

As much as most hate him on here, Lenglet was our most solid defender and made the least amount of mistakes out of all of our cb’s last season. I’d be happy to sell Romero for £50m+ i really do think he is vastly overrated by Spurs fans.
I think with the ball at his feet he’s the best we had last season. Some of his 1v1 defending is questionable and he’s pretty slow. Fear he’d get exposed in a higher line.

Back