• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer fred.

Still no sign of any new CBs . Off on pre season tour without 1-2 new ones is a bit of a disappointment. Was really a key position that needed addressing.

GK even if unknown and Maddison is a good start. Solomon not really fussed about looks like an opportunistic signing.

CBs we are desperate for and I can’t believe we are dragging our heels.

Still no sign of any new CBs . Off on pre season tour without 1-2 new ones is a bit of a disappointment. Was really a key position that needed addressing.

GK even if unknown and Maddison is a good start. Solomon not really fussed about looks like an opportunistic signing.

I suspect we've now pretty much used our funds and need some outgoings to fund at least a portion of the fees for any more incoming players.

Possibly. That would also be worrying because our outgoings have not looked clever again so far.

I'm not going full panic mode just yet and not suggesting you are either but we are currently one CB less than last season and have a Dier / Romero starting partnership with Sanchez and Japhet in case of injuries. Not sure about Davies covering CB in a back four either. That is a catagory 5 omnishambles of a position for us, imo to give Ange a chance we have to sort that out.

Every club must know we're desperate for quality in that position and I'm hoping we aren't depending on sales to make something happen as it was and is the absolute priority only comparable with the GK position. Come August it'll be interesting to see where we're at, an overhaul is needed but seems unrealistic.

I'm not going full panic mode just yet and not suggesting you are either but we are currently one CB less than last season and have a Dier / Romero starting partnership with Sanchez and Japhet in case of injuries. Not sure about Davies covering CB in a back four either. That is a catagory 5 omnishambles of a position for us, imo to give Ange a chance we have to sort that out.

Every club must know we're desperate for quality in that position and I'm hoping we aren't depending on sales to make something happen as it was and is the absolute priority only comparable with the GK position. Come August it'll be interesting to see where we're at, an overhaul is needed but seems unrealistic.

Technically Rodon is the extra body Lenglet was. But it's a bit of a motley crew

One key thing
Any player we sign will already be on his pre season work too
It won’t be the same tactical side as anges
But you would hope that any players we sign are with a view they play the right way today
We will buy at least one CB. Of that I’m convinced
Selling as always is an issue

As we all know, Spurs need to sell off all the meh like Sanchez Tangana Rodon etc. and combine the fee and wages to make one usable high quality player.

E.g. if they feel 95% sure Tapsoba will be an immediate success and 85% sure about VdV, spend the extra money on Tapsoba and stop trying to be clever.

No panic yet , just a touch disappointed. Dier and Sanchez at times have good games / Periods but ultimately are not good enough on a consistent basis.

The disappointment lies in the fact that 4 weeks out from season opener and no new CB.

Lose in the "monkey" game and watch the moaning.

I think anyone who has watched us for the last couple of decades has twigged our pre-season 'form' tends to inversely correlate to our season performance. The games are about t-shirt sales and nothing else.

But I agree about the moaning element - the biblical plagues that will be foretold if we do happen to lose to Bondi Surfers XI in a kickabout on the beach. Personally I just give pre-season a massive wide berth.

Too many think these games matter in terms of results, pre-season is all about fitness, conditioning, team work and trying out new things against an other team. Should always remember the Ramos pre-season results. I always like to see us play against teams who really want to beat us, as it should get the players focused.

Too many think these games matter in terms of results, pre-season is all about fitness, conditioning, team work and trying out new things against an other team. Should always remember the Ramos pre-season results. I always like to see us play against teams who really want to beat us, as it should get the players focused.
Does anyone really think that results matter in these games?

Does anyone really think that results matter in these games?
Losing to Lion City Sailors would tempt me to bring out a 'serious relegation fears' but the results really shouldn't matter, especially during a pre-season where we're overhauling our mentality and reverting back to our pre-Mourinho attacking mindset after 3-4 years of painful turgidity.

I don't know how to use the like button.

I think you would enjoy the We are tottenham youtube channel, they post 2 to 3 video’s a day complaining about the same thing over and over again which happens to be about not signing a CB and the club dragging its heels.

One key thing
Any player we sign will already be on his pre season work too
It won’t be the same tactical side as anges
But you would hope that any players we sign are with a view they play the right way today
We will buy at least one CB. Of that I’m convinced
Selling as always is an issue

Agreed, and who knows what the issue is with timing of CB signings. Could be us wanting to sell before we buy, could be the selling club wanting a replacement before they sell....could be a multitude of things.

I'd be surprised if we dont have 2 CBs in by the end of the window

Back